Sign in to follow this  
roger

from love to joy

I had a thought I wanted to share with you all about the nature of love. I feel that it may have been inspiration, that the idea came from a higher source. The concepts seem to lead to the next one, and seem very correct to me.

Btw, most people tend to equate dignity with pride, rather than with humility. I feel that the opposite is true. Think of people you see as having great dignity- Gandhi, Nelson Mandela, or Mother Teresa- and they're persons of humility, rather than pride. If on the other hand, you observe someone you see as filled with pride, there's often a lack of dignity and respect for others.

Anyway, the idea was:

Love is integrity, integrity is honesty, honesty is humility, humility is dignity, dignity is self-love, self-love is joy.

• Like 2

well- dignity and pride are words that I do not consider much...not that they are not important.

I would not have matched those people you used as an example.

I would like to be more respectful of people, because I do believe that as you are communicating Roger, that you would be making sweeping statements to anyone reading....so I can read what you wrote and then identify where it is in my life that I am not being respectful because of my pride.

not so easy-huh?

wondering if you can personalize it a bit more than such large figures from society...

can you speak from your personal perspective if you would care to do so?

• Like 1

Sagebrush,

Well, I've noticed in myself that my own pride has often led me to do unloving things- things that were definitely not dignified.

Often when people have a lot of pride, that pride is very wounded. Extreme pride and wounded pride usually go together. When that's the case, self-defensiveness is almost always the resulting behavior.

I can easily look at my own life, at both myself and others, and see many instances of this.

On the other hand, feeling truly good about yourself and humility go together. I see many examples of that also from my own experience. Just look honestly at your past and you're bound to see examples of what I'm talking about.

I'm glad you found joy, Roger.

Thanks MH. I appreciate your kindness.

It's become increasingly clear to me with time's passing that you're a very loving person.

• Like 2

Christopher Hitchens described Mother Teresa's organisation as a cult that promoted suffering and did not help those in need. He said that Mother Teresa's own words on poverty proved that her intention was not to help people, quoting her words at a 1981 press conference in which she was asked: "Do you teach the poor to endure their lot?" She replied: "I think it is very beautiful for the poor to accept their lot, to share it with the passion of Christ. I think the world is being much helped by the suffering of the poor people."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Criticism_of_Mother_Teresa

A number of mainstream saints/heroes found to be devils

Edited by Sionnach

Sign in to follow this