Lee

Seeing energy during deep practice

Hi Everyone!

Since i started working with qigong i have had a lot of experiences with seeing the external energy surrounding me, during a whole body breathing i can see what i think are the meridian channels, points and smaller centers but only during a whole body breathing exercise. iv also had experiences of seeing the energy being emitted out of the skin and waves around when i move, both of these experiences are around the arms and not the rest of the body. iv also had times when iv been doing a seated upper dan tien meditation and my misses can see the pale white substance surrounding my head. 

Im wondering has anyone else ever experienced such things?

i know seeing the cloud of chi surround us is normal for very deep states of meditation but have never experienced that, iv only experienced seeing the ch of my body rather than whats surrounding me

Thanks

Lee

• Like 5

Pretty cool. :)

Some of us see and some of us do not. It is fun to be able to see some of what we experience, but my best advice is not to get too caught up in the bells and whistles, just continue on, noticing without trying to hold on to them.

• Like 5

I know exactly what you mean! at first its hard to not get fixated on those things though, well it was for me anyway. 

I spent a long time exploring what the energy can do and found that over a long time of doing so i became lost and forgot why i even started in the first place. 

Now i seem to play around with things for a little bit when they manifest and then get back into the goal after a few days. 

With me i seem to have a lot of understanding manifest after deep sessions and know how to do certain things without any research nor previous training and from talking with a lot of others they have the same experiences and that is what i find most fascinating when it comes to energy development and cultivation

• Like 2

Yeah... it's normal, and being able to see it is just another siddhi that can arise. Being able to see energy has its uses, like being able to observe people's energetic imbalance so you can help them, or avoid them out of self-protection... but on the whole it's best not to focus too much on it. It means that whatever you're doing is working.

• Like 1

What kind of chi gong are you practicing?

I practice very basic routines but have tweaked them over the years, my entire practice varies from day to day but in total all i practice is this.. both seated and standing chakra meditation ( i keep each chakra active and stimulated even after i move onto the next, i always move up rather than down but i do sink the energy after, full body self massage, seated and standing 3 dan meditation, my full qigong routine is.. rooting, centering, whole body breathing, bone marrow, 3 dan standing, walking meditation and sinking. i also work with laogong separate dan tien breathing and unsure if this come under qigong but i do an external energy breathing that is fairly similar to whole body breathing but it focuses on the skin rather than internal.

• Like 1

Yeah... it's normal, and being able to see it is just another siddhi that can arise. Being able to see energy has its uses, like being able to observe people's energetic imbalance so you can help them, or avoid them out of self-protection... but on the whole it's best not to focus too much on it. It means that whatever you're doing is working.

I have noticed that when placing awareness into it the sight goes away, its always from the corner of the eye too, over the years i have managed to see it head on but its not as vivid. its strange because the deeper this stuff takes you the more distractions you have manifest lol. its good to know its normal! was unsure if it was a side effect of a blockage or something

I have noticed that when placing awareness into it the sight goes away, its always from the corner of the eye too, over the years i have managed to see it head on but its not as vivid. its strange because the deeper this stuff takes you the more distractions you have manifest lol. its good to know its normal! was unsure if it was a side effect of a blockage or something

You see it without looking. It's a passive thing. Direct looking takes a lot of practice and like I said, unless you really need this skill for your life path then probably best not to invest much time in it.

Third eye stuff is for sure distracting. It's one more stop on the path that can really hinder people if they get too much into it.

• Like 1