I'm fascinated with the psoas. But it's also the part of my body giving me the most trouble with getting energy flow going.

It seems like anything I do causes energy to pool above the lower abdomen, and just trickle down the legs, affecting the free flowing through the channels. I've tried a lot of energetic interventions, and nothing seems to have touched this like working directly with the physical body.

Recently started a spontaneous Qigong practice, and in a few days my body went from stiff to supple, and energy flow from slow and turbid to somewhat decent. And it also loosened up my mostly unresponsive psoas.

I currently do a hip mobility routine and yoga stretches for the hip, David Berceli's Trauma / Tension Release Exercises, the couch stretch for the hip flexors and the Egoscue Supine groin progressive release.

If anyone has any experience with this part of the body or can point me to something I could do that would help, I'd appreciate it greatly. In any case, I'm always up for a discussion about the psoas. :)

Love,

urbanyogi

• Like 6

the lotus posture is a good psoas stretch ;)  but if you need to stretch to get there, make sure you focus on your hips enough, so that you dont injure knees or ankles.

Hi,

I'd look into stagnation in the lower jiao (qi and/or blood). You need Chinese herbs to remove that (seek professional help, please do not take herbs by yourself). Dai Mai channel blockage too (acupunture/moxa is good for this).

TCM practitioner will ascertain exactly the source of the problem.

Good luck.

Edited by Gerard

This video was helpful in manually locating the psoas...

But as I'm just starting on trying to reneutralize it myself, I have no real effective results to speak from yet...

Edited by gendao

i dont know if this helps, but i was going to an acupuncturist a year ago and he was treating an energy void in my lower dantian or the second chackra. that didnt really help.

then interesting things happened in the past few months. first i met a reiki practitioner and i think unintentionally he filled it up. i was just observing this energy flowing and even had a conversation with him about the ethics of treating people with out them knowing. so i got to know the feeling about it being filled.

then started practicing the lee holden videos (20min) on youtube. lots of twisting and not very esoteric so helps with grounding also.

and finally i was reading about energizing the second chackra about a week ago then got some pastels and started doodling and coloring.

i am very happy with the shift that is happening and i think all parts play an important role in it.