Drifting_Through_Infinity

Has anyone here achieved super consciousness?

I often mix up my wording. This is what I meant to say:

In modern science, there is an untold rule. "You cannot discover anything relating to a spirit world, God, or consciousness. If you do, you must hide it or else you will be kicked out of the science community".

What reason is there for this? It is that people are stubborn. It is because most people are comedians. Let me define what a comedian is versus a non-comedian:

Someone walked up to me one day(true story) and said "Hey Walker, I have this problem"

W: "Lay it on me"

S: "Blah Blah Blah"

W: "Oh, I understand. Here is the solution(rolls out obvious solution)"

S: (tilts head to one side. looks slant ways with one eye. acts as though I didn't say anything. walks away and never asks me to solve their problems again)

This has occurred on multiple occasions. It is because these people, the comedians, conjure up imaginary problems to make life more meaningful. The scientists, most of them, are also comedians. They don't really want to discover anything. They just want to get heard whether what they say is true or not. So it seems.

The real people are those who, when asked if they like the pasta, tell what they really thought of it. These honest people are considered the crazy ones and people who should be sent to jail. So is the society we live in. 

:sigh: philosophy is the general and science is the specific. Philosophy is the soil and science the trees.

Science has begun to enter the age of mysticism and humanities has long surpassed it.

:sigh: philosophy is the general and science is the specific. Philosophy is the soil and science the trees.

Science has begun to enter the age of mysticism and humanities has long surpassed it.

Science was once called Natural Philosophy.

• Like 1

Science was once called Natural Philosophy.

I can understand why - philosophy being the love of knowledge and the nature of things being the focus of that knowledge seeking.

I want this thread to either brighten or end. I will return nolonger.

It's you that had pasta eaters going to prison. I don't know where the heck you live, but if pasta is considered illegal it's definitely a strange one.

Is it possible to a have super unconsciousness? Likewise, how does consciousness become superconsciousness? Seems that in both cases that the small ego self is still playing with masks of names and concepts, to me, consciousness is the goal, and since one already has it, one can be contented to rest in what is.

• Like 1

Here is what I would consider a good definition for one who has truly realized "super consciousness".

From the Avatamsaka Sutra...

Great bodhisattvas have no attachment to Buddha and do not develop attachments;

they have no attachment to the teachings and do not develop attachments; they have

no attachment to lands and do not develop attachments; they have no attachments

to sentient beings and do not develop attachments. They do not see that there are

sentient beings, yet they carry on educational activity, civilizing and teaching ways

of liberation; they do not give up the practices of bodhisattvas with great compassion

and great commitment. Seeing buddhas and hearing their teachings, they act accordingly;

trusting the buddhas they plant roots of goodness, ceaselessly honoring and serving them.

They are able to shake infinite worlds in the ten directions by spiritual powers; their minds are

broad, being equal to the cosmos. They know various explanations of truth, they know how

many sentient beings there are, they know the differences among sentient beings, they know

the birth of suffering, they know the extinction of suffering; while knowing all acts are like reflected

images, they carry out the deeds of bodhisattvas. They sever the root of all subjection to birth.

They carry out practices of bodhisattvas for the sole purpose of saving sentient beings and yet

do not practice anything. Conforming to the essential nature of all buddhas, they develop a mind

like an immense mountain. They know all falsehood and delusion, and enter the door of omniscience.

Their knowledge and wisdom are broad and vast and unshakable, due to the attainment of true enlightenment. This is the insight of practical knowledge of equally saving all sentient beings in the ocean of birth and death.

• Like 4

That is not what I was talking about. Are you just slapping the label "superconsciousness" onto that? I am talking about that which is called superconsciousness in the book "Krya secrets revealed" and that which is called "cosmic vision" in autobiography of a yogi. 

I have not read far past that in the book though. I was a Christian at the time and so when I saw a picture of what appeared to be satan holding his fancy stick, I ripped it up. I wish I still had the book.

That is not what I was talking about. Are you just slapping the label "superconsciousness" onto that? I am talking about that which is called superconsciousness in the book "Krya secrets revealed" and that which is called "cosmic vision" in autobiography of a yogi. 

I have not read far past that in the book though. I was a Christian at the time and so when I saw a picture of what appeared to be satan holding his fancy stick, I ripped it up. I wish I still had the book.

Yogananda called what you are referring to as cosmic consciousness. He wrote a poem titled "Samadhi" to give a glimpse of his earlier experiences.

Vanished the veils of light and shade,

Lifted every vapor of sorrow,

Sailed away all dawns of fleeting joy,

Gone the dim sensory mirage.

Love, hate, health, disease, life, death,

Perished these false shadows on the screen of duality.

Waves of laughter, scyllas of sarcasm, melancholic whirlpools,

Melting in the vast sea of bliss.

The storm of maya stilled

By magic wand of intuition deep.

The universe, forgotten dream, subconsciously lurks,

Ready to invade my newly wakened memory divine.

I live without the cosmic shadow,

But it is not, bereft of me;

As the sea exists without the waves,

But they breathe not without the sea.

Dreams, wakings, states of deep turiya sleep,

Present, past, future, no more for me,

But ever-present, all-flowing I, I, everywhere.

Planets, stars, stardust, earth,

Volcanic bursts of doomsday cataclysms,

Creation's molding furnace,

Glaciers of silent x-rays, burning electron floods,

Thoughts of all men, past, present, to come,

Every blade of grass, myself, mankind,

Each particle of universal dust,

Anger, greed, good, bad, salvation, lust,

I swallowed, transmuted all

Into a vast ocean of blood of my own one Being!

Smoldering joy, oft-puffed by meditation

Blinding my tearful eyes,

Burst into immortal flames of bliss,

Consumed my tears, my frame, my all.

Thou art I, I am Thou,

Knowing, Knower, Known, as One!

Tranquilled, unbroken thrill, eternally living, ever new peace!

Enjoyable beyond imagination of expectancy, samadhi bliss!

Not a mental chloroform

Or unconscious state without wilful return,

Samadhi but extends my conscious realm

Beyond the limits of the mortal frame

To farthest boundary of eternity

Where I, the Cosmic Sea,

Watch the little ego floating in me.

The sparrow, each grain of sand, fall not without my sight.

All space like an iceberg floats within my mental sea.

Colossal Container, I, of all things made.

By deeper, longer, thirsty, guru-given meditation

Comes this celestial samadhi

Mobile murmurs of atoms are heard,

The dark earth, mountains, vales, lo! molten liquid!

Flowing seas change into vapors of nebulae!

Aum blows upon the vapors, opening wondrously their veils,

Oceans stand revealed, shining electrons,

Till, at last sound of the cosmic drum,

Vanish the grosser lights into eternal rays

Of all-pervading bliss.

From joy I came, for joy I live, in sacred joy I melt.

Ocean of mind, I drink all creation's waves.

Four veils of solid, liquid, vapor, light,

Lift aright.

Myself, in everything, enters the Great Myself.

Gone forever, fitful, flickering shadows of mortal memory.

Spotless is my mental sky, below, ahead, and high above.

Eternity and I, one united ray.

A tiny bubble of laughter, I

Am become the Sea of Mirth Itself.

http://www.yogananda.com.au/pyr/pyr_samadhi.html

I think the image you related to that of Satan was actually Lord Shiva.

• Like 1

Until one has learned to nearly completely transform one's neural resonances, one wont get a glimpse of consciousness that's truly without bodily signal.  I've only gotten most of the way there.  But its most certainly different than when all the signals are firing.

Until one has learned to nearly completely transform one's neural resonances, one wont get a glimpse of consciousness that's truly without bodily signal.  I've only gotten most of the way there.  But its most certainly different than when all the signals are firing.

What the hell does 'without bodily signal mean' ?

How does one-I'm using your words 'glimpse' which means to visually sense consciousness, when vision itself is one of the referents that proves the axiom of consciousness. To be conscious of something is all we can learn about consciousness from the epistemological perspective. It is conscious itself that permits all enquiries. You cannot lift yourself up by pulling on your boot laces. The eye cannot see itself.

What is the form of consciousness, as it appears when it is largely or nearly completely without the signal-noise of the body?

Until one gets there, it might not make sense I guess.  Its mainly a base level of stillness that one should have as a goalpost along the path, but its rather unlikely to manifest just by relaxing.

playing around with breath-work itself does not get you to the real opening because the breath itself has to go into extreme Yin for great Yang to come forth.

so what I was going to write over there is that bodily signal-noise is also an ostensible source of friction, so in applying ohm's law, until you get those signals to a minimal level (nerves yinyang too, tame the yang and its resonance transforms into a yin state) then the "amount of power" one has or can manifest will be less than it could be.

JQS, and all that   

What is the form of consciousness, as it appears when it is largely or nearly completely without the signal-noise of the body?

Until one gets there, it might not make sense I guess.  Its mainly a base level of stillness that one should have as a goalpost along the path, but its rather unlikely to manifest just by relaxing.

so what I was going to write over there is that bodily signal-noise is also an ostensible source of friction, so in applying ohm's law, until you get those signals to a minimal level (nerves yinyang too, tame the yang and its resonance transforms into a yin state) then the "amount of power" one has or can manifest will be less than it could be.

JQS, and all that

You just repeated the answer you gave before. Please enlighten me to what bodily signal noise is ? How are you defining it.

It appears you are referring to the introspective quiescent mind and believing that, because it appears empty, then it must be pure consciousness.

This was scotched during AYP practice when the question came up 'what happens when I lose the mantra' and my mind goes blank. The answer is 'then you are off the mantra so go gently back to it'.

You haven't developed sufficient quiescent depth 'the witness' to understand that when your mind appears blank, that you are noticing it as appearing blank. It's a kind of black cat in a coal cellar gig. You are noticing 'ah my mind is blank, I am thoughtless, this is pure consciousness devoid of bodily signal noise'. Once its pointed out then it's usually very funny for the novice to learn this thing about their ability to confound themselves with an internal illusion.

Amusing, Karl.  "It appears" (you can just say "I'm going to make some possibly large assumptions and just roll on from there") that you've once again gone on and contrived an entire argument from a false premise.  If you dont understand what the plain definitions of my words mean, go to dictionary.com.  If you cant conceptually separate those concepts out in your mind then I dont know what to tell you, since I have used rather explicit verbiage.  If you've read my experiences on this subject thoroughly then you'd realize your assertion is most certainly not the case and you're trying to place a square peg in a round hole by bringing up practices I've never participated in. 

Amusing, Karl.  "It appears" (you can just say "I'm going to make some possibly large assumptions and just roll on from there") that you've once again gone on and contrived an entire argument from a false premise.  If you dont understand what the plain definitions of my words mean, go to dictionary.com.  If you cant conceptually separate those concepts out in your mind then I dont know what to tell you, since I have used rather explicit verbiage.  If you've read my experiences on this subject thoroughly then you'd realize your assertion is most certainly not the case and you're trying to place a square peg in a round hole by bringing up practices I've never participated in.

You are a pain in the backside. I've had to use an assumption because you seem unable to provide a clear definition of signal-noise of the body. You cannot provide even a context for reference. I can tell you for certain, if your body isn't making a noise and there are no signals-you are very likely a corpse.

I apologize for writing beyond your experience :rolleyes:

Oh you don't have to apologise for writing beyond my experience, I like a good fiction fantasy. Let me know next time as I don't waste time.

I find it enhances the TaoBums experience to imagine that some people have done things I haven´t and know things I don´t.  Otherwise, I might as well just be talking to myself.

• Like 1

Karl, part of wisdom lies in being able to recognize good information when one sees it.  I've had enough of wasting my time responding to you, anyway.  This is part of my issue with the whole egalitarian thing, where it allows a veritable noob to naively or ignorantly and baselessly dress up an ostensible senpai in the matter - totally uncalled for and beyond the range of the noob's experience.  Fkn annoying. 

I find it enhances the TaoBums experience to imagine that some people have done things I haven´t and know things I don´t.  Otherwise, I might as well just be talking to myself.

You are talking to yourself Luke don't you remember it's me, or at least you.

Amusing, Karl.  "It appears" (you can just say "I'm going to make some possibly large assumptions and just roll on from there") that you've once again gone on and contrived an entire argument from a false premise.  

That is pretty much what has happened every time I have tried to have a conversation with him. 

• Like 1