Drifting_Through_Infinity

Has anyone here achieved super consciousness?

Don't know what you mean by super consciousness, but I'm guessing you mean Hinduism's super consciousness? I never have, and am not Hindu, but Buddhist. But if you mean super consciousness as something else, I may or may not have. If by super consciousness you include Buddhist meditative states, then I have attained once a state like that (but many intermediate and advanced Buddhist meditators would call it an elementary meditative state, and I would agree).

I achieved once in my life a state of meditation where I had no thinking, but just automatically following my breath at the achievement part/end part of the meditation (I think it was like that). I was just getting into serious buddhist living then (for a reason I wish to keep private), was a young guy then. Therefore, that was many, many years ago when I achieved that meditative state.

It's called mindfulness of breathing in Buddhism. You follow your breathing, and keep bringing back your attention to your breathing, whenever it strays to thinking about anything. Eventually your mind stays with the breath.

I achieved it sitting straight-backed, not leaning on the back of the chair (I think), with maybe a pillow(s) and/or blanket(s) on top of the chair.

Never achieved that state of meditation ever again. Highest level of calm I ever attained. There was one or more times later I attained peace in breathing meditation (sitting on a mattress side, with the mattress on the ground; or sitting on some cushion-type object(s) on the ground), but never that single-mindedly as that time described when I was a young guy.

Wikipedia:

Zen (Chinese: ; pinyin: Chán) = Chan (simplified Chinese: ; traditional Chinese: ; pinyin: Chán; abbr. of Chinese: 禪那; pinyin: chánnà), from Sanskrit dhyāna[1] (meaning "meditation" or "meditative state"[2])

meditation = Zen = Chan = dhyana

A book on meditation:

The Three Pillars of Zen, by Philip Kapleau.

Samsarictravelling

• Like 1

LSD. And people that deny the mind expanding potential of drugs are looking at reality with black and white goggles on. 

That being said, I dont advise the use of drugs. 

• Like 1

If so, how did you do it?

I think it is important that you define super consciousness in order to receive an accurate answer to your question.

• Like 3

me thinks, 

people who have arrived at something that you call super-consciousness, will not be inclined to call that super-consciousness and therefore won't come up with answers.

Edited by blue eyed snake
  • Like 4

Consciousness isn't an existent per se, it is a corollary of grasping existence. There is no consciousness standing alone and seperate, we only realise we are conscious when we realise there is something 'out there' and then by introspection we discover the axiom of the self 'I'.

Consciousness has to be conscious of something for us to know there is such a thing.

What would super consciousness be ? It is an adjective added incorrectly to a concept. No consciousness can be greater than it is. It can't grasp more than it can grasp.

• Like 3

A Buddhist or Taoist superb Mind, or what people  call it a super-consciousness, of course does exist , but its formation needs  the following preconditions , and will have certain  features  allowing you to identify the emergence of it :

Precondition:  First , a  stop of your daily fluctuating minds , ie, all ups and downs of your ideas , needed  to be eliminated  ; then some kind of spiritual Oneness starts  to  consolidate , and it should  persist..

And , some spiritual symptoms , like what are stated below  ,will gradually appear inside you to foretell the coming of it :

- From time to time  you sit there , an extreme spiritual calmness suddenly comes upon you even you are  situated in a very noisy environment and not intentionally striving for it ;

-The spiritual ,always existing boundary  that separates  your body and the external environment starts to dissolve, making your mind entering a "Chaos" status;

-Distance and physical barriers no longer block you from sensing things , for example , you can hear whispers clearly even they are  hundreds feet  away, or you can see things  on the other side of a wall ;

-You suddenly find whatever knowledge  ,say Quantum mechanics, Linux kernel, Differential Geometry or the Chinese Kanji  :- )  ..., which you were taught and found very difficult , now appears a piece of cake to you ;

Edited by exorcist_1699
  • Like 1

Consciousness isn't an existent per se, it is a corollary of grasping existence. There is no consciousness standing alone and seperate, we only realise we are conscious when we realise there is something 'out there' and then by introspection we discover the axiom of the self 'I'.

Quite the opposite, the advancing Taoist superb Mind, its main characteristics are that you can sense a totally different Mind standing out of your existing ,daily one, even in your dreaming, even outside of or  half-detaching from your body...

Edited by exorcist_1699
  • Like 1

Quite the opposite, the advancing Taoist superb Mind, its main characteristics are that you can sense a totally different Mind standing out of your existing ,daily one, even in your dreaming, even outside of or  half-detaching from your body...

Whatever you think you grasp it is still only what you are grasping, it can't be more than you are grasping. This is the mistake made by philosophers who begin with consciousness as the primary.

Imagine you are a baby, you at first sense there is something (existence but not yet understood) and later through introspection that there is some faculty inside you that is doing this sensing, but the important bit is that you were first conscious of some-thing prior to being aware of it being a 'self' being conscious of it.

This is why there is no super consciousness or states of consciousness, there is just consciousness and it's only there when it is conscious of some-thing.

If there were no existence, then there would be nothing to be conscious of. A consciousness cannot be conscious of itself. Equally if something is without consciousness they can't be conscious of existence.

It sounds like a tautology, but one has to be conscious to be conscious. It's an axiomatic corollary of grasping existence.

You might say you have increased awareness, or better senses than average, or are more intelligent, or can focus awareness for longer, or have very fast reactions. All those things are possible, but they aren't 'super' in any way. In other words they are not better than they are. The implication of super is super natural IE beyond the nature of what they are. Nature beyond nature is incomprehensible it's like saying a super pig is a pig beyond a pig, obviously a pig that isn't a pig is something other than a pig. A consciousness beyond a consciousness would be something other than consciousness, so there would be no sense in referring to it.

• Like 1

Consciousness has to be conscious of something for us to know there is such a thing.

What would super consciousness be ? It is an adjective added incorrectly to a concept. No consciousness can be greater than it is. It can't grasp more than it can grasp.

But, it can be trained to be more precise, and aware of its own flaws/bad programming. To rid one's self of the useless conditions and sharpen the right tools would put one in a superior position of awareness.

EDIT: I see you already adressed that above. Perhaps I should have continued reading down the first page :P

Edited by Silent Answers
  • Like 2

But, it can be trained to be more precise, and aware of its own flaws/bad programming. To rid one's self of the useless conditions and sharpen the right tools would put one in a superior position of awareness.

Not the consciousness, definitely we can be more conscious of our own internal philosophy. I'm not sure how that would make one any more aware than they already are, unless you mean by being more aware internally.

Funnily enough I was reading a transcript of Rand talking to a couple of professors. I won't add the context, but the reply adds up to something like what you are saying:

"To reach axiomatic concepts consciously, you have to have a certain amount of knowledge about epistemology. You do not need a full philosophical theory of epistemology, but you need the self consciousness to identify explicitly certain elements in your knowledge which have been implicit until then. It requires a sufficient amount of knowledge and a very significant degree of introspection. The ability to introspect is necessary to begin to identify the implicit explicitly. And for that there needs to be the material of introspection. So you have to have sufficient knowledge both of the outside world and of the process of your own consciousness before you can begin identifying the widest abstractions."

I think this is what you are saying but are foggy about exactly what you mean. It looks like you are feeling your way in the dark with some notions, ideas, facts and concepts that loosely tie up into something, but this is the problem, you are not yet conscious explicitly of the ideas in your head. If we said super consciousness was roughly the process Rand describes, then as yet you have not fulfilled the criteria under which your thesis springs. It's like a rough sketch where you aren't sure exactly the subject, it's dimensions, or its possibility of it becoming a concrete existent.

Not the consciousness, definitely we can be more conscious of our own internal philosophy. I'm not sure how that would make one any more aware than they already are, unless you mean by being more aware internally.

Funnily enough I was reading a transcript of Rand talking to a couple of professors. I won't add the context, but the reply adds up to something like what you are saying:

"To reach axiomatic concepts consciously, you have to have a certain amount of knowledge about epistemology. You do not need a full philosophical theory of epistemology, but you need the self consciousness to identify explicitly certain elements in your knowledge which have been implicit until then. It requires a sufficient amount of knowledge and a very significant degree of introspection. The ability to introspect is necessary to begin to identify the implicit explicitly. And for that there needs to be the material of introspection. So you have to have sufficient knowledge both of the outside world and of the process of your own consciousness before you can begin identifying the widest abstractions."

I think this is what you are saying but are foggy about exactly what you mean. It looks like you are feeling your way in the dark with some notions, ideas, facts and concepts that loosely tie up into something, but this is the problem, you are not yet conscious explicitly of the ideas in your head. If we said super consciousness was roughly the process Rand describes, then as yet you have not fulfilled the criteria under which your thesis springs. It's like a rough sketch where you aren't sure exactly the subject, it's dimensions, or its possibility of it becoming a concrete existent.

This would be the overly wordy equivalent of what I was going for, yes. But, as I said in the edit, your next post pretty much adressed the same line of thought.

I define consciousness as a state of awareness and not a thing to tap into. The more we understand the processes behind our thoughts, their triggers and patterns; the more focused our state of mind and existence can be.

Now, you probably won't agree with this next part.

Although it may not seem to be the type of "super conscious connection" the OP had in mind, as we develop our awareness of awareness through stillness/gentleness, there's a mirroring effect that grows the conscious experience. This would be my interpretation of what the OP is looking for.

You are most right in saying that I'm still sketching things out, I hope I don't come across as somebody that has all the answers. Maybe I need a name change? Still, I do base most of my understanding on actual experience, albeit a work in progress.

• Like 1

I will bite: yes I have.  I had a temporary enlightenment experience in high school and meditated extensively in various Buddhist traditions until I gained a permanent return to that state.  I am happy to answer any questions!

• Like 1

I will bite: yes I have.  I had a temporary enlightenment experience in high school and meditated extensively in various Buddhist traditions until I gained a permanent return to that state.  I am happy to answer any questions!

So you would say that you are permanently now enlightened (24/7)?  Hence the dharmakaya name?

Thanks,

Jeff

Yes!  I am aware it may sound unbelievable, but it's true!

Very cool.  Ok if I sort of remotely/energetically check on you?

This would be the overly wordy equivalent of what I was going for, yes. But, as I said in the edit, your next post pretty much adressed the same line of thought.

I define consciousness as a state of awareness and not a thing to tap into. The more we understand the processes behind our thoughts, their triggers and patterns; the more focused our state of mind and existence can be.

Now, you probably won't agree with this next part.

Although it may not seem to be the type of "super conscious connection" the OP had in mind, as we develop our awareness of awareness through stillness/gentleness, there's a mirroring effect that grows the conscious experience. This would be my interpretation of what the OP is looking for.

You are most right in saying that I'm still sketching things out, I hope I don't come across as somebody that has all the answers. Maybe I need a name change? Still, I do base most of my understanding on actual experience, albeit a work in progress.

The stillness/gentleness I would describe as deeper introspection. AYP would refer to it as the witness. Is an introspective exploration and it's not easy when we are young to develop this introspection with any rapidity. It can't be forced. We need a certain level of pre-knowledge of the place we intend to explore which requires many trips extrospectively to build what might be described as 'the right tool'. I don't have an insight on the development of that particular tool except the desire to create such a thing and the effort needed to fashion it. Too many people simply wish it, or they try and explore without the knowledge tool (which is probably non-relational self inquiry).

It is at this point that I hesitate to mention the role of meditation-which must be active meditation. I wonder if a less mature mind just cannot sit with it, it's off trying to gain something beyond knowledge of itself. A constant effort to reach a point (I think this is where you are going with stillness/kindness) without force (unkindness) or strain (stillness) at which the first strands can be teased out, then going progressively higher and lower in the conceptual hierachy until the very highest concepts, the axioms, are revealed.

We are trying to answer who we are ? then how we know it ? then what to do with that knowledge ? As Rand put it geographically 'where we are' ? How we know it ? What should we do ? If we look at those questions in a purely self relational cognitive sense it achieves the set of questions I outlined first. The problem is that asking the question 'who we are ?' Immediately removes the relational aspect and leaves our minds spinning in a vortex.

Edited by Karl
  • Like 1

Very cool.  Ok if I sort of remotely/energetically check on you?

Sorry, I would have to say no.  I have found that energetic attunements tend need to be overcome in a sense.  If you do it of your own initiative however, that's on you.  :)  I am sure you have the best intentions, but thinking it over I have found I have definite opinions on this subject, which I have tried to explain below..

An analogy is; imagine we are all in individual space ships, floating around in space.  If a foreign ship asks for permission to come aboard and I grant permission, I have willingly opened myself up to a deeper level of scrutiny, so any ill effects are 'on me' so to speak.  If I do not grant permission, and an intimate probe attempt is made, the consequences are 'on' the invader. 

At the same time however, we do not live in bubbles.  We are constantly interacting with people on a physical and energetic level, which involves offensive and defensive energetic systems.  This is natural interaction and helps us to grow.  In the space analogy, we are interacting with many different ships, from well known to foreign, at ranges from close to distant.  We are constantly keeping an eye on all of them to varying degrees simply in the interest of self-preservation. 

For an outside ship to take a look at out craft from a respectful distance, even if we do not let them on board is perfectly acceptable.  It is a natural occurrence; certainly we ourselves are looking around at our neighboring ships for various reasons.  So if someone take a look at your ship from a safe distance simply because they are interested, with the best intentions there is no harm done, even if we have declined for them to come in closer. 

Also beyond the space analogy, I generally feel like we exist in an energetic balance such that what we receive from the world mirrors what we put out.  So any energetic investigation would necessarily reflect upon us in the manner which we undertake it.

• Like 3

I personally interpret this term of "super consciousness" to mean omniscience. Knowing and seeing everything.

Nope, not there yet.

Sorry for taking so long. To my mind, superconsciousness is when you become aware of the universe as your body, or at the very least extend your awareness past your small flimsy body.

In a book titled "Krya yoga unveiled" or whatever it's title is since I have no time to look it up, the author defines super consciousness in the introduction and I have been following his definition since.

• Like 1

Very cool. Ok if I sort of remotely/energetically check on you?

Hey Jeff - you can check on me if you want... only if you post what you find here on this thread. :lol:

• Like 6

Haha! My guess was right. :D You were talking about something in Hinduism (Krya yoga is from Hinduism, right?)

I did a google search of 'Krya yoga' and it redirected me to 'Kriya yoga'.

Wikipedia article:

Practice

Kriya Yoga, as taught by Lahiri Mahasaya, is traditionally exclusively learned via the Guru-disciple relationship and the initiation consists of a secret ceremony.[6][2] He recounted that after his initiation into Kriya Yoga, "Babaji instructed me in the ancient rigid rules which govern the transmission of the yogic art from Guru to disciple."[7]

As Yogananda describes Kriya Yoga, "The Kriya Yogi mentally directs his life energy to revolve, upward and downward, around the six spinal centers (medullary, cervical, dorsal, lumbar, sacral, and coccygeal plexuses) which correspond to the twelve astral signs of the zodiac, the symbolic Cosmic Man. One half-minute of revolution of energy around the sensitive spinal cord of man effects subtle progress in his evolution; that half-minute of Kriya equals one year of natural spiritual unfoldment."[5]

In Kriya Quotes from Swami Satyananda, it is written, "Kriya sadhana may be thought of as the sadhana of the 'practice of being in Atman'".[8]

Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kriya_Yoga

So it seems Kriya yoga is similar to Taoism in that it talks about engery centres in the spine, am I right? I think Tibetan Buddhism talks about energy centres in the spine as well? I could be wrong with that, though. The spinal energy centres knowledges I do not care to learn about, but I can direct you to Yogananda's autobiography:

Autobiography of a Yogi

By Paramhansa Yogananda

https://www.ananda.org/autobiography/

I have read his autobiography in the past, so that is why I guess you were talking about Hinduism.

samsarictravelling

I would like to do a second post on Yogananda's autobigraphy:

From Preface:

The value of Yogananda’s Autobiography is greatly enhanced by the fact that it is one of the few books in English about the wise men of India which has been written, not by a journalist or foreigner, but by one of their own race and training—in short, a book about yogis by a yogi.

From Chapter: 12 Years in My Master's Hermitage:

“All creation is governed by law,” Sri Yukteswar concluded. “The ones which manifest in the outer universe, discoverable by scientists, are called natural laws. But there are subtler laws ruling the realms of consciousness which can be known only through the inner science of yoga. The hidden spiritual planes also have their natural and lawful principles of operation. It is not the physical scientist but the fully self-realized master who comprehends the true nature of matter. Thus Christ was able to restore the servant’s ear after it had been severed by one of the disciples.” 11

Drifting_Throught_Infinity (and everyone else), what is found in Chapter: 14 An Experience in Cosmic Consciousness is super consciousness described? (I pasted the part I chose to paste from the chapter, but read the whole chapter). Sri Yukteswar struck gently on Yoganada's chest to open him up to the, can we call it,"super consciousness"?:

Sri Yukteswar seldom indulged in riddles; I was bewildered. He struck gently on my chest above the heart.

My body became immovably rooted; breath was drawn out of my lungs as if by some huge magnet. Soul and mind instantly lost their physical bondage, and streamed out like a fluid piercing light from my every pore. The flesh was as though dead, yet in my intense awareness I knew that never before had I been fully alive. My sense of identity was no longer narrowly confined to a body, but embraced the circumambient atoms. People on distant streets seemed to be moving gently over my own remote periphery. The roots of plants and trees appeared through a dim transparency of the soil; I discerned the inward flow of their sap.

The whole vicinity lay bare before me. My ordinary frontal vision was now changed to a vast spherical sight, simultaneously all-perceptive. Through the back of my head I saw men strolling far down Rai Ghat Road, and noticed also a white cow who was leisurely approaching. When she reached the space in front of the open ashram gate, I observed her with my two physical eyes. As she passed by, behind the brick wall, I saw her clearly still.

All objects within my panoramic gaze trembled and vibrated like quick motion pictures. My body, Master’s, the pillared courtyard, the furniture and floor, the trees and sunshine, occasionally became violently agitated, until all melted into a luminescent sea; even as sugar crystals, thrown into a glass of water, dissolve after being shaken. The unifying light alternated with materializations of form, the metamorphoses revealing the law of cause and effect in creation.

An oceanic joy broke upon calm endless shores of my soul. The Spirit of God, I realized, is exhaustless Bliss; His body is countless tissues of light. A swelling glory within me began to envelop towns, continents, the earth, solar and stellar systems, tenuous nebulae, and floating universes. The entire cosmos, gently luminous, like a city seen afar at night, glimmered within the infinitude of my being. The sharply etched global outlines faded somewhat at the farthest edges; there I could see a mellow radiance, ever-undiminished. It was indescribably subtle; the planetary pictures were formed of a grosser light.

The divine dispersion of rays poured from an Eternal Source, blazing into galaxies, transfigured with ineffable auras. Again and again I saw the creative beams condense into constellations, then resolve into sheets of transparent flame. By rhythmic reversion, sextillion worlds passed into diaphanous luster; fire became firmament.

I cognized the center of the empyrean as a point of intuitive perception in my heart. Irradiating splendor issued from my nucleus to every part of the universal structure. Blissful amrita, the nectar of immortality, pulsed through me with a quicksilverlike fluidity. The creative voice of God I heard resounding as Aum,1 the vibration of the Cosmic Motor.

Suddenly the breath returned to my lungs. With a disappointment almost unbearable, I realized that my infinite immensity was lost. Once more I was limited to the humiliating cage of a body, not easily accommodative to the Spirit. Like a prodigal child, I had run away from my macrocosmic home and imprisoned myself in a narrow microcosm.

My guru was standing motionless before me; I started to drop at his holy feet in gratitude for the experience in cosmic consciousness which I had long passionately sought. He held me upright, and spoke calmly, unpretentiously.

“You must not get overdrunk with ecstasy. Much work yet remains for you in the world. Come; let us sweep the balcony floor; then we shall walk by the Ganges.”

I fetched a broom; Master, I knew, was teaching me the secret of balanced living. The soul must stretch over the cosmogonic abysses, while the body performs its daily duties. When we set out later for a stroll, I was still entranced in unspeakable rapture. I saw our bodies as two astral pictures, moving over a road by the river whose essence was sheer light.

“It is the Spirit of God that actively sustains every form and force in the universe; yet He is transcendental and aloof in the blissful uncreated void beyond the worlds of vibratory phenomena,” 2 Master explained. “Saints who realize their divinity even while in the flesh know a similar twofold existence. Conscientiously engaging in earthly work, they yet remain immersed in an inward beatitude. The Lord has created all men from the limitless joy of His being. Though they are painfully cramped by the body, God nevertheless expects that souls made in His image shall ultimately rise above all sense identifications and reunite with Him.”

The cosmic vision left many permanent lessons. By daily stilling my thoughts, I could win release from the delusive conviction that my body was a mass of flesh and bones, traversing the hard soil of matter. The breath and the restless mind, I saw, were like storms which lashed the ocean of light into waves of material forms—earth, sky, human beings, animals, birds, trees. No perception of the Infinite as One Light could be had except by calming those storms. As often as I silenced the two natural tumults, I beheld the multitudinous waves of creation melt into one lucent sea, even as the waves of the ocean, their tempests subsiding, serenely dissolve into unity.

A master bestows the divine experience of cosmic consciousness when his disciple, by meditation, has strengthened his mind to a degree where the vast vistas would not overwhelm him. The experience can never be given through one’s mere intellectual willingness or open-mindedness. Only adequate enlargement by yoga practice and devotional bhakti can prepare the mind to absorb the liberating shock of omnipresence. It comes with a natural inevitability to the sincere devotee. His intense craving begins to pull at God with an irresistible force. The Lord, as the Cosmic Vision, is drawn by the seeker’s magnetic ardor into his range of consciousness.

I wrote, in my later years, the following poem, “Samadhi,” endeavoring to convey the glory of its cosmic state:

Vanished the veils of light and shade,
Lifted every vapor of sorrow,
Sailed away all dawns of fleeting joy,
Gone the dim sensory mirage.
Love, hate, health, disease, life, death,
Perished these false shadows on the screen of duality.
Waves of laughter, scyllas of sarcasm, melancholic whirlpools,
Melting in the vast sea of bliss.
The storm of maya stilled
By magic wand of intuition deep.
The universe, forgotten dream, subconsciously lurks,
Ready to invade my newly-wakened memory divine.
I live without the cosmic shadow,
But it is not, bereft of me;
As the sea exists without the waves,
But they breathe not without the sea.
Dreams, wakings, states of deep turia sleep,
Present, past, future, no more for me,
But ever-present, all-flowing I, I, everywhere.
Planets, stars, stardust, earth,
Volcanic bursts of doomsday cataclysms,
Creation’s molding furnace,
Glaciers of silent x-rays, burning electron floods,
Thoughts of all men, past, present, to come,
Every blade of grass, myself, mankind,
Each particle of universal dust,
Anger, greed, good, bad, salvation, lust,
I swallowed, transmuted all
Into a vast ocean of blood of my own one Being!
Smoldering joy, oft-puffed by meditation
Blinding my tearful eyes,
Burst into immortal flames of bliss,
Consumed my tears, my frame, my all.
Thou art I, I am Thou,
Knowing, Knower, Known, as One!
Tranquilled, unbroken thrill, eternally living, ever-new peace!
Enjoyable beyond imagination of expectancy, samadhi bliss!
Not an unconscious state
Or mental chloroform without wilful return,
Samadhi but extends my conscious realm
Beyond limits of the mortal frame
To farthest boundary of eternity
Where I, the Cosmic Sea,
Watch the little ego floating in Me.
The sparrow, each grain of sand, fall not without My sight.
All space floats like an iceberg in My mental sea.
Colossal Container, I, of all things made.
By deeper, longer, thirsty, guru-given meditation
Comes this celestial samadhi.
Mobile murmurs of atoms are heard,
The dark earth, mountains, vales, lo! molten liquid!
Flowing seas change into vapors of nebulae!
Aum blows upon vapors, opening wondrously their veils,
Oceans stand revealed, shining electrons,
Till, at last sound of the cosmic drum,
Vanish the grosser lights into eternal rays
Of all-pervading bliss.
From joy I came, for joy I live, in sacred joy I melt.
Ocean of mind, I drink all creation’s waves.
Four veils of solid, liquid, vapor, light,
Lift aright.
Myself, in everything, enters the Great Myself.
Gone forever, fitful, flickering shadows of mortal memory.
Spotless is my mental sky, below, ahead, and high above.
Eternity and I, one united ray.
A tiny bubble of laughter, I
Am become the Sea of Mirth Itself.

Sri Yukteswar taught me how to summon the blessed experience at will, and also how to transmit it to others if their intuitive channels were developed. For months I entered the ecstatic union, comprehending why the Upanishads say God is rasa, “the most relishable.”

samsarictravelling

Sorry, I would have to say no.  I have found that energetic attunements tend need to be overcome in a sense.  If you do it of your own initiative however, that's on you.  :)  I am sure you have the best intentions, but thinking it over I have found I have definite opinions on this subject, which I have tried to explain below..

An analogy is; imagine we are all in individual space ships, floating around in space.  If a foreign ship asks for permission to come aboard and I grant permission, I have willingly opened myself up to a deeper level of scrutiny, so any ill effects are 'on me' so to speak.  If I do not grant permission, and an intimate probe attempt is made, the consequences are 'on' the invader. 

At the same time however, we do not live in bubbles.  We are constantly interacting with people on a physical and energetic level, which involves offensive and defensive energetic systems.  This is natural interaction and helps us to grow.  In the space analogy, we are interacting with many different ships, from well known to foreign, at ranges from close to distant.  We are constantly keeping an eye on all of them to varying degrees simply in the interest of self-preservation. 

For an outside ship to take a look at out craft from a respectful distance, even if we do not let them on board is perfectly acceptable.  It is a natural occurrence; certainly we ourselves are looking around at our neighboring ships for various reasons.  So if someone take a look at your ship from a safe distance simply because they are interested, with the best intentions there is no harm done, even if we have declined for them to come in closer. 

Also beyond the space analogy, I generally feel like we exist in an energetic balance such that what we receive from the world mirrors what we put out.  So any energetic investigation would necessarily reflect upon us in the manner which we undertake it.

No problem, I was just interested given that you had said that you were enlightened. In particular, since you had referenced Buddhism with your descriptions, I was interested related to Buddhist emptiness. But, your individual space ship analogy seems to be describing some other concept.

Best,

Jeff

Hey Jeff - you can check on me if you want... only if you post what you find here on this thread. :lol:

Sure. Anything in particular?

In Daoist terms you have opened the UDT. You are naturally more receptive than transmitting. Currently, have some activity/issues at the MDT that relate to how you view yourself in the world. In more chakra terms, you have your 3rd eye somewhat open. My guess is that you sometimes get vivid dreams and may even sometimes "see stuff".

You are at a level where you might have even noticed my checking on you (maybe mind getting quieter), but would definitely be able to notice me with some realtime focus.

Best,

Jeff