Sign in to follow this  
Edward M

Blood types: any significance to way we should cultivate?

Hey, since i just got out of hospital and found my blood type, i'd like to start a topic on the possible significance of blood types when it comes to spiritual training/meditation etc? 

I know in Japan, they place  a lot of significance on blood types and say each blood type has general characteristics in behaviour and temperament etc  

Also, i heard in USA, the Native Americans have a saying, or possibly a tradition that is about how well the bloods mix when it comes to trusting people.   

Hope to hear your replies soon, thanks in advance, and sorry that i wont be replying much, have developed a dislike of the computer whilst in hospital, spending little time on here.  

Cheers,

Edward

Wishing you good health.

As for blood types -- well, yes, there's things to know.  What exactly do you want to know?

• Like 1

Thanks TaoMeow! :)

Dont really have the energy right now to think of exactly what i would like to know, but anything in general terms would be great, if you have the time? thanks!

Meow and bye for now!

Cheers

• Like 1

I have spilled some water on my ergonomic keyboard and am using a different one which I am not used to, will answer once the useful one has recovered.

• Like 2

OK, here goes in no particular order. 

About 47% of the world population are blood type O

about 42% are blood type A

about 9% are blood type B

about 2% are blood type AB

All these are subdivided into a bunch of other categories, of which the best known to the public is the rhesus factor, which makes one's blood type "positive" or "negative" depending on whether one has that antigen.  A less known but very important factor is one's "secretor" or "non-secretor" status.  What it means is that secretors (who are the majority of the population) secrete their blood type antigen into their other bodily fluids, i.e. sweat, saliva, sperm, vaginal fluids, and so on.  I.e. into the outside world.  Whereas non-secretors don't, with quite a few implications for their health.

Cats have three blood types  -- A, B, and AB.  About 90% of cats have blood type A, the rest is like in humans -- B about 9%, AB about 2%.

If the Shroud of Turin story is correct, Jesus was an AB.

Almost all Native Americans were blood type O before intermixing with other peoples (most still are), with the exception of the Cherokee tribe, which has a much higher than average percentage of Bs.  Bs are also far more common in Asia, and in a few places in Siberia, they are even the majority. 

The recessive gene, while not manifesting in the blood type, comes with a bunch of traits that are inherited together with it (just like the dominant one is not inherited alone, but with hundreds of linked traits.)  We each have a pair of blood type genes, which are either a dominant-recessive pair, or equally dominant.  A and B are equally dominant  -- you get type AB if they combine.  O is recessive to the rest.  But someone who has blood type B may have a dominant second gene, also B, or a recessive O.  The AA and AO, BB and BO types seem to differ, but most people don't know what their recessive gene is.  In many cases it can be figured out from the parents' blood types, even better if you know both parents' and children's blood types.  E.g. you know you have a recessive O if one of your kids is an O but neither one of his parents is.  So you also know that his other parent, say his type A dad, also has a recessive O.  However, his dad's fraternal twin brother does not, which is also clear from his children's blood types, and even though his blood type may be the same (which does not have to be the case with fraternal twins), his personality is very different.  Both consistent with what someone who has studied these things knows about AA and AO personalities.

Enough for an appetizer I think. :)

Edited by Taomeow
  • Like 2

Thank you TaoMeow! 

That was a very interesting read, you have obviously looked into this quite a bit, thanks for sharing! :)

Cheers 

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this