Sign in to follow this  
Golden Dragon Shining

Ayahuasca?

Opinion:

I've watched many videos of people's Ayahuasca trip reports. To me there doesn't appear great information coming out of it, some vague things, some "love" and "oneness" stuff, I wonder if the plant is tapped into astral AI sometimes, maybe peoples interpretations are limited because of language, culture, education. 

Shamans and associates, long term users of it don't appear healthy, I guess one can instruct a proper diet, another thing for people to do it. Their communities suffer from disease like any other? Not sure what healing this plant is doing, it reminds me of marijuana to some degree, hard users of it seem to become host to the plant, fading away, I happened to come across the Snoop Lion doco about Snoop Doggs rebirth, his intention to make positive music etc Rasta, super pro weed, though I found it's probably more anti weed unintentionally, the long term users of it appeared so aged, one I thought was in his 90s+ ...was in his 50s!  something like that, and others like this, no signs of vibrant health. Surrounded by poverty etc, little seems to be developing... caught in the sticky icky web of weed? And that was all "peace, love, oneness" etc too, maybe a type of venus fly trap? 

People seem happy about it generally, that it has helped them... who knows, long term etc. Something feels odd to me about it (Aya), maybe I am wrong.

I've seen Amazon tribes partaking of Ayahuasca head hunting each other, making shrunken head objects believing it traps their victims spirit, to use as a power. Different battles between shamans, this plant doesn't appear to have resolved much.

FullLotus said he prevented Aya from taking his spirit out of his body? through his meditation? I wonder what he thinks the energy/ intention of the plant is. This Aya thing seems to be becoming more popular. Apparently all these plants have different personalities. Aya shamans say Marijuana is a trickster? so these plants themselves are saying other plants can't be trusted? ha.

Edited by Sionnach
  • Like 1

Google searching related, found this interesting so far

These cosmic realms are full of deceptions. A light being, a god or goddess, an angel, ascended masters and other entities will present themselves to you. They are only disguises, as they are dimensional shape shifters, and what lies beneath the dazzling disguises are very evil entities, many of which are winged serpents. It is child’s play for them to deceive humans. They have evil agendas. Once they get their hooks into you, they feed off of you, manipulate your mind and even take you over. This is all a big trap, and so many new agers actually believe that this is all spiritual. I wonder what Lao Tzu would say about this. Wait a minute, he Did say something about this…..

“I do not concern myself with gods and spirits either good or evil nor do I serve any.”
– Lao Tzu

http://riverbankoftruth.com/2014/06/17/the-extreme-danger-of-ayahuasca-by-greg-calise/

Edited by Sionnach
  • Like 3

All one reads of water will not quench ones thirst.

Portions of your body serve no function other than to stand by to detect incredibly tiny amounts of various tryptamines.

Any plant can only offer some experience. What the experiencer does from there is as meaningful and beautiful or as pointless as they make it.

The same is true of all religion practices plants or otherwise. Yoga can be no more than a gentle stretching session, Buddhism no more than some mindless chants and sitting, philosophy no more than reading and remembering some words.

Unlimited Love,

-Bud

• Like 3

Well something like heroin or cocaine, reading of it is plenty sufficient to avoid I think, rather than test the waters to see for oneself. Accumulated experience has some merit.

Edited by Sionnach
  • Like 1

I'm pretty sure it would blow your mind and be totally worth shitting your pants for. Still, I'd prefer to smoke it in it's crystallized form to save for all the sweating and vomiting that goes with that jungle juice.

• Like 1

Such experiences can crack open rigid world views, but I wouldn't say doing Ayahuasca provides long term development. I went to Peru and did it for a few weeks and the Shaman I met did have some kind of energetic sensitivity and healing method but apart from that I wouldn't class him as particularly developed, many of the Ayahuasca Shaman are obsessed with money and women like most of the rest of the dodgy guru types. As for my experiences it is a deep cleanser on all levels, often all at once, but it's not going to be the magic bullet to enlighten people as it's sometimes advertised. It did open me up temporarily to some kind of very strange spiritual realm but I haven't been back there since. If you are somewhat sensitive and open already I don't think those experiences are needed.

• Like 3

my teacher likened some of these substances akin to a 'sledge hammer' approach and indeed they can literally crack things open. but often it can be hard to integrate some of these quantum experiences into everyday life. the yo-yo effect back to normality can be dramatic and destabilizing in itself, depending on the coherence of ones environment and the type of stuff we're holding onto.

a safer approach would be to go on a meditation retreat within a recognised lineage/master. i found receiving teachings and being taught a practice was far more insightful in terms of peeling back the layers of ego, unpicking everyday negative habit patterns, than a one-off plant based experience. both can be profound, but the former was hard to integrate, at least for myself. i'd be interested in taking ayahuasca in it's proper context with a real shaman, but i'm uncertain what it could do for me after being given the 411 of what's going on in the here and now. for westerners, waking up is gonna be a gradual process that unfolds once the seeds are sown. things aren't always gonna go our way so we need a toolset for dealing with that, first and foremost.

Edited by wilfred
  • Like 1

Google searching related, found this interesting so far

These cosmic realms are full of deceptions. A light being, a god or goddess, an angel, ascended masters and other entities will present themselves to you. They are only disguises, as they are dimensional shape shifters, and what lies beneath the dazzling disguises are very evil entities, many of which are winged serpents. It is child’s play for them to deceive humans. They have evil agendas. Once they get their hooks into you, they feed off of you, manipulate your mind and even take you over. This is all a big trap, and so many new agers actually believe that this is all spiritual. I wonder what Lao Tzu would say about this. Wait a minute, he Did say something about this…..

Well, you dive into the pool  (unconscious ) , you are bound to stir some mud up from the bottom ;

The student, if he attains any success in the following practices, will find himself confronted by things (ideas or beings) too glorious or too dreadful to be described. It is essential that he remain the master of all that he beholds, hears or conceives; otherwise he will be the slave of illusion, and the prey of madness. "

• Like 2

Well something like heroin or cocaine, reading of it is plenty sufficient to avoid I think, rather than test the waters to see for oneself. Accumulated experience has some merit.

Oh .... I like this !  had a young friend that insisted on learning by her own mistakes .  I agreed that can be valuable , but also, observation has its place .  I would say to her ; " Cant you also learn from other's mistakes ? From observations  ? " 

She felt she needed to  do it .... oh well,  she sure messed up a lot, and some effected others adversely  ...... her life will never be the same again, or become what it should have ... which she constantly now laments about .

Add this to your non-participating experience   ;)  ; 

Edited by Nungali
  • Like 1

The main benefit of psychedelics is neuroplasticity and heightened creativity, which can indeed create breakthroughs. I am wary of the notions that you can "go somewhere" through these experiences, and it's dangerous to explore other forms of life in that state. If the goal is to work with the voice of a plant spirit, you can do that with many, many non-psychedelic plants.

My over all impression is that people really enjoy these seemingly traditional paths because it absolves them of their guilt around getting mind-altered. I've done ayahuasca with a group and solo... not much difference to be honest.

This is totally subjective but I've also noticed in my clinical practice that anyone who comes to me and says they've done ayahuasca many times tends to have this particular paleness about their skin. I don't know how to describe it. It's not a blood-deficient pale... it's a pale that is unique to ayahuasca and I can spot it a mile away. Their pulses also tend to be a lot finer.

Edited by Orion
  • Like 2

I had some very nice mescaline crystals , back in the 80s , probably one of the nicest trips I have had .   Very 'visual' .  Very funny, in retrospect  :) 

Sign in to follow this