Drifting_Through_Infinity

Does anyone here astral project?

It happens as a result of concentration and effort. Try no to dwell. Nice when it happens though but really removing all the defilements is what matters in the end...however I recommend using the stimulating techiques provided my some authors on the subject in order to help attain deeper states of meditation:

1. Progressive muscle relaxation

2. Mobile body awareness

3. Tactile imaging

4. Energy body stimulation

5. Energy bounce techniques

etc.

Maybe then you can OBE if you previously couldn't.

Link

A similar practice is used in the Theravada Buddhist School: 32 Parts Meditation.

Some practitioners are very skilled at astral projection others are not. It's another siddhi.

Best!

• Like 3

On several occasions this has happened... it was paradigm shifting and I am grateful for the expansion of perspective based on the experiences.

Once I came near to doing it by choice and there was a time I was seeking this with much effort, but no longer. 

When it comes, I embrace it...

But there is no seeking any longer.

Hi Drifting_Through_Infinity,

Astral Projection is something I definately feel isn't for everyone, even for people who can do it easely like me. That was something I found out in my teens. Even so, I've waited to meet the right people to start doing it _ experienced astral projectors. The results weren't at all what I was expecting for and due to not being able to control energies as they would arise violently the result was a spiritual crisis that made me lose some of the best years of my life. So, even today it continues to be easy for me but I abstain from it.

Edited by oak

Sometimes it just happens, other times I make a conscious effort for it to happen. It's just a skill that some people have, maybe from multiple lifetimes of development, I dunno where it really comes from honestly. I've had this since I was a kid. It's good psychic training I guess because it teaches you about different dimensional levels and how your present consciousness can affect your experience. But on the nights I astral project I don't wake up feeling rested, so in some ways it works against you

IMO it's not a worthwhile goal to seek out this skill. It's more of a manifestation of other spiritual activities and refinements, and only in certain people. And if we're talking about unity consciousness and dissolving illusions, it can confuse matters. I generally advise people to not seek out psychic skills as a goal. They appear on the path but they aren't the point. I've met psychics who are obsessed with being psychic and experiencing the endless entertainment of their third eyes, and they never seem to evolve past it.

Edited by Orion
  • Like 3

I have not felt it was possible or necessary to "leave" or "go out from" body.

But very necessary to leave ideas and conclusions.

And realize - you are already everywhere doing everything.

If, in your belief, you are a specific thing in a specific place.

You have been fooled.

By those who would like to apprehend you there as that.

-VonKrankenhaus

I'd never heard of the 32 parts meditation. That's absolutely fascinating and I'll be adding it to my practice.

Good you are able to include it in your practice. :)

The Buddha, what an ascetic. I wish he was living in this world of ours right now, when we need him more than ever before with so much worldwide corruption and environmental degradation.

The Twin Miracle

People would certainly stop from focusing so much on material values, greed and sexual gratification!

It has been happening to me some times, but it does feel like: be careful, not yet, go back to your body.

Hello, don't you worry, you are not even in your body. This is only the dominant layer due to your karma. :)

Edited by Gerard
  • Like 1

I like being fooled. Or rather, I like sitting in a nice heated room in the middle of a storm.

A lot of you have said that such practices are unnecessary, yet I have heard many people say that they managed to visit "the white light" in an astral travel. Isn't' this the ultimate goal??? So why are such practices unnecessary???

I've gone sooooo freakin deep in my lucid dreams back when I was actually serious about my stuff so maybe you could go deeper when free of the body

Keep going, if you are truly experiencing stuff then aim at the next level or you'll get stuck in one and never progress.

"The Buddha did not allow his monks and nuns to display their super-human powers, even if they existed. The Buddha knew that it is virtually impossible to display these powers without the inflation and propagation of the ego. But the jhanas do provide important stepping stones toward enlightenment and also encourage us on the path. The Buddha encouraged the practice of jhana, but not the display of the super-human powers." (http://www.dhammawiki.com/index.php?title=9_Jhanas)

How to get into Jhana

Also practice the meditations prescribed by the last Buddha (very important):

Brahmavihara (metta/loving-kindness, compassion, joy and equanimity)

Very best! :)

• Like 2