Sign in to follow this  
Teddy

10000 kicks.

Do you fear the man who has practiced 10000 kicks once, or do you fear the man who has practiced one kick 10000 times?

(I'm paraphrasing Bruce Lee)

• Like 2

Do you fear the man who has practiced 10000 kicks once, or do you fear the man who has practiced one kick 10000 times?

(I'm paraphrasing Bruce Lee)

I fear the mob. Men I can usually deal with, or avoid.

i fear hate

i fear people who believe in external evil

i fear paralysis

and blindness

and hate.... (you said that one twice)

Yea!  that one really freaks me out...

i fear losing my mind the way my mum did... losing all connection to her loving family and friends and as a result, living in a bodily shell existing in a fear filled self imposed isolation...

i fear people who deeply crave power

people who think they have the answers for everyone get an honorable mention and bear close watching

but all of these are little fears

they do not live in me

like fleeting clouds they puff up and stretch away back to their source

just like i will one fine moment...

• Like 5

Well, I would hate to be on the foot end of a Chuck Norris roundhouse kick.

Actually for the past 15 years, if you wait until they change camera angles you usually have a few minutes to get out of the way.

Just in case there is a Chuck..

Chuck Norris doesnt shave; he kicks himself in the face. The only thing that can cut Chuck Norris is Chuck Norris.

Little known medical fact: Chuck Norris invented the Caesarean section when he roundhouse-kicked his way out of his monther's womb.

Q: How many Chuck Norris' does it take to change a light bulb? A: None, Chuck Norris prefers to kill in the dark.

When Bruce Banner gets mad, he turns into the Hulk. When the Hulk gets mad, he turns into Chuck Norris.

Chuck Norris once kicked a horse in the chin. Its decendants are known today as Giraffes.

Chuck Norris uses a night light. Not because Chuck Norris is afraid of the dark, but the dark is afraid of Chuck Norris.

Since 1940, the year Chuck Norris was born, roundhouse-kick related deaths have increased 13,000 percent.

• Like 1

One kick practiced ten thousand times would be most effective.

Here is a daily work out called 900 kicks on Wudang.  A specific kick is used with a shuffle and momentum between kicks repeated up and down a long court yard then the next kick and the next and so on completing roughly 900 kicks. Good times,although some would think it is torture.

• Like 2

sounds like torture .  We have this one kick  ( That Mr Nishihira taught )  , only one guy in our club can do it   ( I am not sure I can even describe it !   ) 

Sitting on floor with legs under you  ,  the other punches at your head and the one  sitting does a circular type of shuto block  , rolls the wrist around and grabs the others wrist while rising on one leg and the other leg  kicks up, as you are standing , then   as the other leg straightens, the first is retracted and  back on the ground and the other leg kicks . 

Its like that horrible exercise  - 'bunny hops' with front kick added. 

I'm too old for all that now . . . .  We been concentrating on knife work lately . 

When I was young and had better hips, I did some Sikaran .... man! those guys can kick !  

.... kicked him in the head while his own  other leg was trapped .   :)

Edited by Nungali
  • Like 2

In truth, the martial artist who's practiced a kick 10,000 times is a beginner, with only a few months of practice.  After a few years, the number should be in the 100,000's.  When I told my assistant instructor I'd been doing 1,000 sword cuts a day (after practice) for a brown belt test, I was told, that wouldn't meet the bare minimum in times past. 

In truth, a 100,000 kicks against the air shows good form, but doesn't mean much in combat.  Better still when they're against a heavy bag.

The person I'd really fear is the one who spent as much time with contact sparring as solo striking practices.  Unless your One Punch Man, there's a whole lot more to fighting then punches and kicks.

• Like 2

Sign in to follow this