Sign in to follow this  
monogatari

Hello

Hello,

It is not easy to define or to say precisely... I'm interested in the way the Chinese have perceived nature and the universe a long time ago, and has been transmitted up to today in one way or the other.  One could say the Dao to make it simple I guess.  It is the living philosophy aspect that I feel has something basically true about it.  Not only thinking or believing, but living it.  And for me this starts with standing, Zhan Zhuang, and relaxing, letting the nature be alive, and then moving.

I'm currently reading Francois Jullien's essay on the I Ching based on the writings of Wang Fuzhi.

Cheers.

• Like 2

Hello monogatari, and welcome.

Your membership is approved and we're happy you found your way to us. We look forward to accompanying you on some of the way that you still have to go.

Please take the time to read the two posts pinned at the top of this Welcome page and take a look at the forum terms and rules. This covers all you need to know when getting started.

For the first week you will be restricted to ten posts per day but after that you can post as much as you like. Also, until you’ve posted fifteen times in the forums, you’ll be a “Junior Bum” with somewhat restricted access and will be allowed only two private messages per day.

Good luck in your pursuits and best wishes to you,

Marblehead and the TDB team

Hi monogatari,

Your name sounds like a single guitar.  I'm sure you will find lots of threads to interact with others in your interests.

You are welcome to jump right in ongoing discussions, revive an older thread, start a new thread of your own, or start a discussion in the "Newcomer Corner" sub-forms to expand on your introduction or ask general questions to help you get started.

May you enjoy your time here.

Marblehead

> Your name sounds like a single guitar.  I'm sure you will find
 > lots of threads to interact with others in your interests.

Hello,

'monogatari' is actually 物語 (or ものがたり) and basically means a legend, or a story, in japanese.

(sorry for any strange formatting in replying, I am not used to the interface yet)

Cheers.

• Like 1

Hi & welcome to the bums :)

You might also be interested in some of the Tao Te Ching discussions.

http://www.thedaobums.com/forum/254-daodejing/

Enjoy!

Thanks for the pointer.

I have mentioned François Jullien.  His writings can be very interesting as they make a bridge between Western and Chinese thoughts, from a philosophical point of view.

The wikipedia page about him:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fran%C3%A7ois_Jullien

Cheers.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this