Sign in to follow this  
Albion

Taoist Poetry Book

Friends in Dao,

I'm glad to say that I got 'These Daoist Bones' by Gu Shen Yu today.

If you like poetry, especially about Dao, then you'll love this little book.

I looked before I came here to write this, at Lulu.com, it's on sale there for $11.99, I believe. And I *think* that you can download the PDF file for $3.00.

​If you get it at Amazon.com (I can't buy from Amazon because this hacker pursuing me has multiple Amazon.com accounts in my name..........I'm the only person in the whole USA with my first and last name, although there are a few people in Britain with my first and last name also......Amazon.com is worthless in dealing with hackers!!) it's gonna cost you! 

Or it cost my friend, who I paid to get it for me.

Like $22.99, plus $3.99 for shipping.

It's only got a total of 158 pages. It's 4 and a half inches wide, and almost 7 inches tall, less then 1 inch in diameter thick.

I used to work for a printing company for many years. This book probably cost maybe at most $2.00 to $3.00 to make.

Don't let Amazon.com rip your ass off. Get it from Lulu.com while it's on sale, or better yet, download the PDF file.

I don't know percentages enough to tell you what a up mark on money that if it costs $3.00 to make, what getting $23.00 (almost) to sell it is.

But it's a LOT!

We are in this TOGETHER. In this Daoist thing, I suppose that a Daoist can be a capitalist, but I'm not sure, just how that works. How DOES that work?  lol

Oh well, there goes my chance to ever publish a poem in that Daoist online e-zine..............but since I think that capitalism REALLY SUCKS, it's probably worth it!  ;-)

The poetry here IS very well done, I could joke and say that I like my poetry rare, but that might be way outta of line!

No, it REALLY IS great poetry, you CAN feel Dao from it, it permeates the whole book in fact. Now, if we can work on Amazon.com, and get them to stop ripping people off, but since that's been the way of Amazon.com for many, many years, I doubt that things will change tonight, or anytime soon!

Keep on Daoing,  Differently Abled Daoist

Edited by DifferentlyAbledDaoist
  • Like 2

Hello A, 

Glad you got the book, you should show Jacob your message I think he would be very pleased.  Oh, I also accept Taoist Capitalist poetry lol.

H

Sign in to follow this