Sign in to follow this  
flowing hands

World Peace Day 2016

Hi Folks

Today is world Peace day if no one knows. Locally we had an event organised by the Christian Church and guess who couldn't be fitted in to speak! Yes that's me.

Well my contribution to world peace is more about prevention, so folks I'm going to outline two major things that need to be sorted pretty quickly to prevent the war of all wars.

1 Get rid of all religions (a major source of cultural and human conflict), leaving people to follow the way.

2 Get rid of all nuclear weapons and weapons of mass destruction.

Job done, peace in the world will be everlasting and if there are any conflicts they can be less devastating, but maybe prolonged.          

• Like 2

It'll likely take an all out (nuclear) war to achieve both of those things.

The finger is already down on the reset button, the question is: how long can we hold it down before releasing?

I completely disagree - the only way to get rid of these wars is to end all central banks on the planet and have each country ensure it is using sound money principles in its approach to economics. 

You're not going to get rid of religion - far too many subscribers, and too many actual believers out of the lot of them, considerations on whether or not they actually follow tenets of their religion aside.

Nuclear weapons...Well...."weapons of mass destruction"....I most definitely consider the 500+ trillion dollars in derivative bets out there to be a financial weapon of mass destruction.

"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered.... I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies.... The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs."

This theft and obscuration is what has driven the purchase of governments, the abrogation of laws inconvenient to the banking and industrial interests, and the introduction of often unconstitutional legalities that make for a completely opaque government that cannot be held accountable by its citizens.   

All wars are banker wars - they ALL have economic roots to them.

That should absolutely have primacy in "fixing" the world.

I am thankful for all the countries that are not in a war. May they truly enjoy world peace day.

For everyone else not engaged in battle with themselves Happy World Peace Day and spread the love.

Too bad love is not something you could buy then americans would be all over it, even overtake every other corporation with the highest net profit.

Think of love merchandising and insurance industries. Take out a policy that guarantees love for $400.00 a month and if you get in an accident and lose some love you could get a pay out, much less than you actually payed in but it's the thought that counts.

• Like 1

I think forcing people to give up there religion would start new wars.  I think that's anti-peace. 

Likewise forcing nations to give up there arms might also lead to disaster and paranoia, ie they'd fight to keep them. 

I think the best answer is individuals giving up there fears.  Nothing wrong with being cautious, but as much as possible, give up fear.  For more peace we need closer communities.  From block parties, to community celebrations; anything that gets people to know there neighbors and be ready to help them.  I see peace best created from the bottom up. 

My formula for Peace- If you want peace, be prepared, as a nation have sound economics and be prosperous, as a student- having your homework and studies done.  Then worry less but have contingency plans. 

• Like 1

Depends on ones definition of peace-how broad or narrow.

Peace would seem to mean the absence of violence, or force, yet I see very few advocating laissez faire capitalism and a strictly delimited government who's only duty is to protect rights.

Most people are advocating force in terms of welfare, redistribution, increased statism. The Government always doing more. Which means the Government imposing greater violence against its own people.

The bomb has become the great bogey man of the peaceniks, but killing is killing, force is force. A nuclear weapon is more destructive in the shortest time, but on balance the dead don't really care if they were slowly starved to death in a labour camp, or vaporised by a nuclear warhead. I'm sure that the people of Greece who cannot afford the cost of a loaf of bread, or the Venezuelan people's murdering each other over food rations is really no different.

It is not just armed conflict between nations that should be considered when talking about peace, but the unarmed people suffering under a dictator state-or any state that uses force to extract unearned production and transfer it to others who have done nothing to merit it.

As the saying goes ' be the change you wish to see in the world' if you wish an absence of force then stop supporting force by proxy. Instead of banning bombs, ban taxation.

Thanks for the link, there are a couple (Chicago/Evanston) in my area that I'll try to catch tomorrow.

You're welcome and thank you for saying thank you. Nothing where I am, so will have to connect in spirit only.

A couple of events today in the Phoenix area:

Meditation

SEPTEMBER 24, 2016, 3:30 PM EXALTATION OF THE HOLY CROSS ORTHODOX CHURCH, 10030 N. 32ND STREET, PHOENIX, AZ 85028

Earth Dance

SEPTEMBER 24, 2016, 2:00 PM 6111 S. ALL-AMERICA WAY TEMPE, AZ UNITED STATES

I gave up trying to change the world a while ago.

Now I strive to heal my self and thus through me, that which I come in contact with, will heal as well.

Kindness and Love... they don't cost a thing... sprinkle that shit everywhere!

• Like 3

Sign in to follow this