Anybody here worked with the practices described in Chia and Oellibrandt's book Taoist Astral Healing?

I've never related much to any of Chia's books so far, but this one has caught my attention. (Oh gosh— auto editor just wrote sought my attention!)

Any comments on these specific practices? (Not on Chia in general please, heard enough of that  :P )

I've done some planetary practice in the past but not chia's. I don't seem to find a free pdf of his book on google. If you give me a copy I will give you a comment on it :)

• Like 1

Hey Arramu,

I don't have a pdf either, just got it used on Amazon,

so can't help you out there.

What/whose planetary practice did you do?

Did you find it effective or useful?

Thanks, Arramu, checked it out.... that one's not to my taste...  :D 

I'm not that fond of Chia either, but I understand Oellibrandt actually wrote the Astral Healing book, as well as the second volume of the Cosmic Healing book. Oellibrandt is a whole nother story....

I've got a book with Jerry Alan Johnson's methods, and Damo Mitchell talks about it too. But they are pretty complex practices. Chia lures you in with, "Oh, you can just learn this practice first"....("but then you need to do the rest of my practices to really get it.")  :D 

How long did you stick with Bear Heart's Merger?

'The merger' exercise is more powerful than the lbrp, rose, middle pillar or anything like that I've done and lasts the longest. 

Unless you got a system where you are getting LOTS LOTS of chi then I would say do the merger daily till you find such a system. Do it for a week, I know the dude is a pain when he starts daydreaming on camera but his stuff is potent, or you will see for yourself how potent it is. 

That's why I was curious of chia astral works, I'm pretty sure its nothing compared to this. Actually I bet it's something like expand your body and eat the suns and stars (haha). Am I wrong?

If you don't mind me asking, what does this "merger" exercise entail exactly? I found the effects of the Middle Pillar intense to the point of being overwhelming if I kept the practice going for more than 15 minutes or so, so I'm curious about what would be involved in a practice which is "more powerful."

If you don't mind me asking, what does this "merger" exercise entail exactly? I found the effects of the Middle Pillar intense to the point of being overwhelming if I kept the practice going for more than 15 minutes or so, so I'm curious about what would be involved in a practice which is "more powerful."

Stand wherever, face whatever. Feel your astral body. Your mind clear; what would my astral body look if it was larger than the universe, engulf the universe with its size, OR say whatever. You will get an image. You HAVE  to be F GENTLE with it. Now you're bigger than a house, than the city, country, half the globe, all the way till the universe is size of your dan tien. Once there you can extract some juice from it taking the place of your universe. Or continue. The prime creator is above. Take your sword fingers (the two fingers you would use to stop heart if you had to...) bring some light to forehead. UUUUURRRAAANNNUUUSSSS (the occult meaning of vibrating it). Symbol appears, it expands, and engulfs. Boom, you are somewhere. Your body of uranus SHOULD be there. IF it is not then:

In the name of (uranus in this example) through the power of (uranus in this example) if you are not my uranian body I command thee to leave me and I call my body of uranus/uranian body to stand in front of me right now. Its here now.

Turn to right 90degrees. Your body will stay to the left. Make a pentagram or the "master symbol" of bearheart, if you scroll you should see it drawn somewhere in the videos. WITH INTENTION, the shape itself is nothing but a shape after all. Now your sword in the middle and vibrate URANUS. 

That's one symbol done. Now from the middle of that symbol turn around another 90degrees so 180 from original faceup and draw a line from the middle of the first symbol to where the middle of the second would be. (YOU WILL DRAW A LINE CONNECTING ALL FOUR EVENTUALLY). Now lower right corner and begin another master symbol, then put your sword in the middle and charge it with the vibration of the sphere you're in. 

So, do 4 of those. If something was there, something bothers you: In the same of (uranus in this case) may this protect my body of uranus ONLY. 

Now scream, command, thunderly intent to go back to your normal astral realm. 

Once there with your sword collect the light of the prime creator you left at your forehead bring it down to your throat. Same thing vibrate PLUTO, the symbol with inversed 9 appears it exapnds, engulfs you, your plutonian body should be there. Make all 4 master symbols, connect and charge them with pluto then you can leave. 

Once you come back from pluto same thing, you move down to SOL at your solar plexus, LUNA(female) LUNAR (male) your genitals. Then down to your feet for earth. In earth vibrate nothing, your earth IS your physical body. Just do the 4 symbols but charge them with TERRA. Now attention to the astral body. Move that light of the prime creator down so it leaves your system. DONE

Do this anyone, everyone, tell me how it goes. I tell you more then.

What/whose planetary practice did you do?

Did you find it effective or useful?

There are a few videos entitled the tree treasuries. Look them up too...

• Like 1

Sorry, Arramu...

I appreciate your taking the time to describe the practice.

But I just can't bring myself to listen to the guy for very long!

Not to say it wouldn't be a great practice... just that his delivery style grates on me.

Chalk on the blackboard kind of thing  :D 

Do you do the Buddha Palm meditation, Cheya?  It´s something I learned a long time ago, but haven´t practiced in years.  Thinking of getting back to it.  I have a DVD of the form from Gilles Marin, a chi nei tsang teacher.  I thought maybe you might have done it as I think it´s in the cosmic healing book.

If you have, I´d be interested in your opinion.  

Good practicing,

Liminal

• Like 1

Hi LL!

I've had the first volume book for years, but don't practice anything in it.

The Buddha Palm looks similar to Ken Cohen's one finger zen, which I did play with years ago.

I see there's more in the Cosmic Healing book that may grab me more now... I'll go back and have look.

Just so you know, I'm more of a collector of books than a practitioner of techniques.  :blush: 

Right now I'm interested in Chia's astral book because he talks about the centers in the brain, and what they're connected with. I've been having all these different brain surges, really not a good description of what's happening.  Like different areas of my brain light up and then set off flows to different parts of my body. It all started with discovering niwan.... but it's gone on beyond that now. These brain activations got connected (probably randomly) to interest in the Big Dipper and pole stars, and I ended up wanting to know more.  Some discussions are really complex and involved, and others are simpler. I tend to go for simpler, therefore Chia... :D 

I should probably just stick with watching the activations and not make it so complicated!  :P  

• Like 2

Interesting.  It sounds like your brain is doing whatever it needs to without any help, but you might be interested in Kuan Yin Magnetic Qigong.  http://www.thedaobums.com/topic/21297-kuan-yin-magnetic-qigong/?hl=%2Bkuan+%2Byin+%2Bmagnetic

The source material is a DVD rather than a book.  I did it for a day or two, and it majorly activated my niwan.  Actually, in a way that, for me, felt out of balance with the rest of my body -- so I stopped.  Very powerful stuff.  

At some point I´ll try again.  

• Like 2

Hey LL!

Thank you! That's an interesting thread.

So far, brain activation seems balancing as I've been working on my feet for so long.  :D 

The flows just start there, but include the rest of my body... no congestion.... so far!