Sign in to follow this  
hagar

chaga and nightmares

Hi folks

Long time since I´ve been here.

I have a question for you wise people:

During the last week I have been drinking Chaga tea, and for a couple of nights I have also been plagued with intense nightmares. I rarely have them, and wonder if there is causation and not only correlation.

The reason I think there may be a link is that they were particularly vivid, and particularly dark.

I have not found anything online that would support this claim. However, I know that mushroom-based effects may, if one "overdose" have a degree of dream induction through it´s high melatonin content. 

So; if there is a melanin - nightmare link, may I be overdosing on it?

h

I would say stop bullshitting around with this nightmare.

noah

I think regardless of any skill set or crazy cruel notions-

there is a solution.

and it is not that.

please tell me it is not that or that.

this whole divine business is,,,,

not so fun at times.

please do not make me fly the color red.

Whenever I take B-complex vitamin manufactured before going to bed I get nightmares but if I eat a banana or yeast (they are full of B-complex vitamins) then I get positive results like lucid dreams. There was one plant extract (bean something) that I took from time to time but it also gave me nightmares so I stopped using it. I think its because the plant connects you to a jinn/spirit that is represented by that plant and some of them are not in sync with us. That's just my take on it as many of the plants are actually power plants that make your perception shift and because of that its not a controlled thing by us. In my opinion best to stick with what you feel is right for you and avoid stuff that doesn't vibe with you.

Whenever I take B-complex vitamin manufactured before going to bed I get nightmares but if I eat a banana or yeast (they are full of B-complex vitamins) then I get positive results like lucid dreams. There was one plant extract (bean something) that I took from time to time but it also gave me nightmares so I stopped using it. I think its because the plant connects you to a jinn/spirit that is represented by that plant and some of them are not in sync with us. That's just my take on it as many of the plants are actually power plants that make your perception shift and because of that its not a controlled thing by us. In my opinion best to stick with what you feel is right for you and avoid stuff that doesn't vibe with you.

Thank you. Will take that into consideration.

Chaga do have B-vitamins in them, so that may play a role.

It´s nothing to be found on the webs, but melanin is (as I understand it) a component that is necessary for producing melatonin, which will make  your dreams more vivid taken in excess...

Interesting what you said about jinn/spirit. Makes sense from a Daoist perspective

h

I will add that with fresh yeast I had some really awesome lucid dreaming experiences, so if that is what you are after you might try it.

I'll second the B vitamin thing.... but I cant really say I've ever actually had a nightmare :)

Edited by joeblast

Yeah I don't really know why I get nightmares, I tried changing the manufacturer but it seems that only natural B vitamin source seem to work with me. Now I remembered it was Dopa Mucuna L-dopa that I took that also gave me nightmares and its advised to not take B6 with Dopa Mucuna as it nullifies its effect. I guess there is a variety of things that can affect your dreams and give you nightmares, its just something I noticed along the way.

Hi Hagar! Nice to see you here!

If others haven't reported that effect from chaga, have you thought of trying a different batch of chaga? 

Melatonin and melanin are two different things, yes?

Melatonin is a hormone made in the brain in darkness that helps you sleep, and melanin is a skin pigment... When I was reading about chaga, one of the websites was saying melatonin instead of melanin, but they changed it when it was pointed out....

Have you found a connection between the melanin and melatonin?

​It interested me, because melanin in the skin increases in the presence of light/sunshine, while melatonin in the brain increases in the presence of darkness, but I haven't found any specific links. But I haven't looked for awhile... you got any?  :D 

Just now I found one interesting site...saying that the pineal produces melatonin which causes the pituitary to call for more melanin production...  some confusion here, but interesting...

http://www.thegracevine.com/pineal-gland-melatonin-melanin.html

And this site really blew me away awhile back, maybe one that got you into chaga? 

http://www.greenmedinfo.com/blog/could-melanin-convert-radiation-harmless-even-useful-energy

Interesting stuff!

• Like 3

I have extensive experience with chaga (not for myself, I observed many people who drank it though, cancer patients.  I didn't observe Ronald Reagan but I'm told he did too, when he had cancer, on Solzhenitsyn's recommendation.)  The chaga I'm familiar with came from Russia and was prepared the traditional way.  It's alive, you brew it like you would yogurt or kombucha.  If your chaga comes from a source undetermined and is prepared by a method non-traditional, I guess this can change its properties in an unpredictable way.  If you tell me where you get it and how you make it, I can investigate.  

• Like 3

I think the mushroom messed up your serotonin cycle. It would be interesting for you to read this:

http://www.antidepressantsfacts.com/pinealstory.htm

http://www.antidepressantsfacts.com/pinealstory2.htm

I don't know where I read (I can't find that link anymore) that bufotenin is triggering nightmares, versus DMT that is triggering lucid dreams, so it is possible that in your brain chemistry that melatonin or serotonin to be converted into bufotenin instead of DMT.

Edited by Andrei

Sign in to follow this