Sign in to follow this  
Djshorty

Kunlun ?

Hi,

Maybe some of you have read my previous posts, and already know that I'm pretty much a newbie to everything. Surprisingly I'm still keeping up with my practice (25 mins now of Pranayama breathing, some Qi Gong, and some standing meditation plus seated meditation, overall I spend about an hour practicing). With all these Kunlun threads popping up, I'm thinking about giving that a try too. I visited the website and I'm a little suspicious of all this, especially the videos, and the pictures of Max's hands emanating light, etc... I'm a pretty skeptical person, so anything that seems fishy to me I dig deeper into. I've read nothing but positive comments about Kunlun on this forum and just wanted to know what other people thought about all this? From the outside looking in, it appears a little cultish, at least thats the vibe I get from it. I'm not trying to knock the practice as I haven't even given it a try yet, maybe someone can give me some reassurance.

Thanks

Peace

My advice.

Hold on to your skepticism.

Run away from any teacher who tells you you can't question things.

If your interested in Kunlun, buy the book and try the practice.

Direct experience.

cultish?

no, not at all. as long as you don't act like WYG when you ask questions you'll receive a positive response.

i don't believe any group mentality exists, or atleast i don't associate myself with it, or any group for that matter. i'm trying out kunlun myself to see how it works, and so far have been getting interesting results.

about Max, i've never met him but remain open minded to his abilities. how can you know without direct experience

i suggest you just try it out and see how it works out for you..

i frankly don't agree with the marketing tactics that Mantra uses, all this show of powers and abilities seems to attract a certain kind of people, so i understand your scepticism.

Edited by mikaelz

[quote I've read nothing but positive comments about Kunlun on this forum and just wanted to know what other people thought about all this? , maybe someone can give me some reassurance.

Thanks

Peace

?????????????????????

Are you being serious? Didn't you answer your own question in the same sentence?

Edited by bindo

Good advice. Seriousness is something I'm trying to get rid of :P , but what I meant was what do people think about the videos and the pictures of him emanating light on the website =). My question was worded wrong.

Mikaelz, I think that's what got to me though, the marketing of it on the site. Especially with testimonials and stuff, felt like watching an infomercial. Anyway, Ima order the book and see what happens. It's interesting how I always look to the advice of others before trying stuff out. Seems like I had the answer all along, direct experience.

Thanks all

Peace

DJShorty,

Look into it more before starting and you are correct its becoming a little CULTISH too!

I believe you would get much more from Vipasana meditation and has alot more information and history dont get caught up on the Mystical nonesense.

My opinion only!!!

WYG :D

mystical nonsense eh? why are you paying to go to a Kunlun seminar? to feel that 'mystical nonsense' yourself? hahah you're a funny guy i'll give you that

JJ, nothing cultish here. Just a good buzz about the practice. Correct that there are no short cuts, but there are indeed short paths and long paths! Kunlun is just a side issue here and a lot of people have been talking about it recently because of how well/quickly/easily a lot of us have taken to the practice.

Thank you JJW...

Yes! I also see the Taoist Way as a practical feet on the ground application of the real (scientific?!) knowledge we have amassed as beings seeking a meaningful path on this planet and within the wider scope of universal forces we hope to one day understand better, and then use as evolved and (I hope) still evolving beings...

the kunlun thing has my interest and I will at some point look into the practice with more intent and deeper questions...

But I am happy to be exposed to it here and will watch with interest as the practice expands. There does seem to be a humorous/pranksterish attitude eminating from the group...that is both compelling and apt to create a dubious element for some...

I for one hold humor in very high regard and even feel it is more important than any "political correctness" that "poor taste" may offend... people are funny. we ought to laugh at each other and ourselves for the many foibles we manifest so much of the time...

I for one hold humor in very high regard...........

Me too.......seriousness is a bit of a disease IMO.........and I suppose my Tao is a pretty simple one........never really think much about the headier aspect (understand it even less) but I am drawn to Oriental thought......

As far as the "cult" concept goes, all I can tell you is that we are NOT looking for followers. The practice is to empower individuals. To give them a method that can deliver real results without any dogma or dead-end paths. It becomes simply you and Tao (eventually just Tao).

There is a lot of talk on this forum but that is just because people realize that this stuff works. My continued presence here is due to the fact that we are very happy that people are having great results, and so we try to support and inform as needed, when possible.

Also, I serve to dispel any misconceptions about this practice like: Kunlun will give you "Hogzilla" between your legs and other such silliness.

Edited by Mantra68

I never said it would give you a Hogzilla I just said Max mentioned it would increase vitality!!

He mentioned things would "rise higher" if you want to get super technical.

Oh, you know he said it.

I don't see any big deal many qigong teachers say similar things. It's not like there is going to be a Kunlun infomercial on at 2 am after "The Extends Penis Extender" pill with "real life" testemonials.

:P

I am a total kunlun noob and I was wondering, how many times per week and for how long should I practice kunlun since I am just starting? Don't want to overdo it.

I think the idea is to go by feel.

But he does give a general guideline of 1 hour in the book(followed by 20 min "close down") and that is what I am doing.

The vibe that I'm getting from Kunlun is that people are becoming so excited about it, that they are constantly posting and praising it. It isn't really because the "cultish" attitude, I'm not really getting that kind of feeling from it, its more like abunch of little kids talking about how ninja turtles is the shit. :P Sometimes excitement can be misinterpreted into ego, or bragging. I myself am guilty of this at times, I will become so excited about something, people around me will think of me as a bragger etc..

Anyways, I have yet to go to a seminar, and only have been practicing for a week, so this is just what I feel for now. I haven't ran into anything quite like Kunlun in my life, because it is actually working, and working fast. I will stick to my guns on this, and I honestly cannot wait to go to a seminar.

Ben

The people having trouble with us Kunluners are more uptight, pompous and serious than any Roman Catholics I know.

Just goes to show that Tao isn't immune to that sort of BS.

I'll take my Muslim Grandfather or Roman Catholics over these self righteous "crown chakra orgasm" and "if your excited about a practice your a snobby kid" losers any day.

Cam, my advice for ya...if you dont already know what Xin and Yi are, look 'em up. And learn to quiet your Xin and not use it quite so much, especially to post.

I didn't ask for your advice.

I already have my teachers.

I love how these arrogant, older Taoists(that are not teachers)are constantly spouting off advice without anyone asking for it.

cam,

you're being hostile to everyone these days. maybe celibacy isn't that good of an idea.

and i won't be visiting you in arizona because i may say something to offend you and you'll /ignore me by locking me in your basement. :P

what's your deal man? chill!

Hehe,

Alright. Maybe you have a point.

Joeblast, sorry I went off.

I will do my best to work on my Yi(really..I am..it's not easy!)

Cam

Guest winpro07

Kun Lun found me. I did not find it. It is opening my heart, and transforming all of me -bit by bit, at an alarming-thrilling rate- I love this.

Hi,

Maybe some of you have read my previous posts, and already know that I'm pretty much a newbie to everything. Surprisingly I'm still keeping up with my practice (25 mins now of Pranayama breathing, some Qi Gong, and some standing meditation plus seated meditation, overall I spend about an hour practicing). With all these Kunlun threads popping up, I'm thinking about giving that a try too. I visited the website and I'm a little suspicious of all this, especially the videos, and the pictures of Max's hands emanating light, etc... I'm a pretty skeptical person, so anything that seems fishy to me I dig deeper into. I've read nothing but positive comments about Kunlun on this forum and just wanted to know what other people thought about all this? From the outside looking in, it appears a little cultish, at least thats the vibe I get from it. I'm not trying to knock the practice as I haven't even given it a try yet, maybe someone can give me some reassurance.

Thanks

Peace

Kun Lun found me. I did not find it. It is opening my heart, and transforming all of me -bit by bit, at an alarming-thrilling rate- I love this.

Hi,

Thanks

Peace

I never said it would give you a Hogzilla I just said Max mentioned it would increase vitality!!

He mentioned things would "rise higher" if you want to get super technical.

Oh, you know he said it.

I know you didn't say that, but I just wanted to use the term "Hogzilla" cuz it's funny.

So, yes, Kunlun does take "the whoopy" to a whole new level, I must say.

Just one last post responding to my Texan friend no more posts after this until next weekend.

Don't mess with Texas.

f4RNb3tt0LM

Sign in to follow this