Sign in to follow this  
Rocco

Qigong: Only Mindful Movements?

I haven't practized Qigong so far and I'm looking for a (powerful, of course) Medical Qigong system.

Thinking about which system I'd like to start with the question arose, wether there are any systems that not only teach mindful movements, but also include visualizations, feeling of the Chi, moving the Chi and so on. Which system(s) would you like to recommend?

Thank you!

Five Element Chi Gung is one of many. Visualizations are used as a tool to help the feeling of chi once we have feeling we put down the tool.

Vitality makes the body, chi moves the body and spirit moves chi, the Three Treasures we are all born with. All forms of chi gung accomplish this by doing. The more time you invest in body mind exercise the more accomplishment you will have.

Chi Gung translates as energy WORK. Kung Fu translates as time and energy to have skill.

Good luck, I would recommend 

WUDANG DEUTSCHLAND   Contact these guys 
  • Like 4

For Medical Qigong you may want to look into Gift of the Tao and Stillness-Movement. Gift of the Tao involves shifting and moving energy in it's movements, no visualization though, just intent. Feeling the Chi takes time and practice....lots of time and practice. 

• Like 5

For Medical Qigong you may want to look into Gift of the Tao and Stillness-Movement. Gift of the Tao involves shifting and moving energy in it's movements, no visualization though, just intent. Feeling the Chi takes time and practice....lots of time and practice.

I second this recommendation.
  • Like 2

For example, In Spring Forest Qigong, during Moving of Yin and Yang' you visualize a column of light running through the body, and then you cycle the hands through the column...So there is definitely a visualization component to the SFQ form. After consistent practice, you will feel chi. There are other visualizations in the exercises as well.  

• Like 1

I haven't practized Qigong so far and I'm looking for a (powerful, of course) Medical Qigong system.

Thinking about which system I'd like to start with the question arose, wether there are any systems that not only teach mindful movements, but also include visualizations, feeling of the Chi, moving the Chi and so on. Which system(s) would you like to recommend?

Thank you!

You are already calling for big trouble!

To avoid if your life is already too visual or mental. Make sure you focus on grounding work rather than sending Qi up. Damage will be irreversible or very difficult to repair. We already live in a too much thinking and worrying high-tech society.

Here's an interesting take from the Chinese Medicine perspective:

Ascending and Descending in Herbal Medicine: An Interview with Heiner Fruehauf, PhD

The relevant stuff starts in Part 2 of the interview.

My recommendation:

Foundation work (jibengong)

Bagua

Xingyi

Make sure you wear your shoes off frequenly if you follow a sedentary lfestyle, sit for long periods of time, do a lot of computer work, etc.

:)

Edited by Gerard
  • Like 3

mreh, this is one of those threads where you read the title, but then go and read the OP and they dont seem to be the same thing.

ok let me engage my smart ass.

kindly

the old building contains four residents.

all are in the medical profession and I live much more clean than all four. I mean basic common scrub your sink clean...

get a vacuum and get the dust from the edges.....and please do not splash grease on the painted walls.

so the medical world in my observations ...in training are dirty in their home environment.....grick

damn damn damn

eat my words until hell freezes over..

even the dalai lama did not know what it meant to be one with everything humor..................

do not slap me---I am not in the mood! :wacko:

simple question here? did I ruin your life?

that is not my wish

Edited by sagebrush

Here's a page giving a quick outlook (with pics) about FOUNDATION work.

He Jinghan has a whole YT channel dedicated to this. There is more useful advice there than anywhere else online (and even in real life). Priceless!

• Like 2

You are already calling for big trouble!

To avoid if your life is already too visual or mental. Make sure you focus on grounding work rather than sending Qi up. Damage will be irreversible or very difficult to repair. We already live in a too much thinking and worrying high-tech society.

Here's an interesting take from the Chinese Medicine perspective:

Ascending and Descending in Herbal Medicine: An Interview with Heiner Fruehauf, PhD

The relevant stuff starts in Part 2 of the interview.

My recommendation:

Foundation work (jibengong)

Bagua

Xingyi

Make sure you wear your shoes off frequenly if you follow a sedentary lfestyle, sit for long periods of time, do a lot of computer work, etc.

:)

Gerard....Sometimes I think you are very exagerated.

How can one harm himself doing simple Qigong methods SPECIFICALLY created to not harm like Spring Forest Qigong ?

There are lots of people in this forum reporting good experiences using SFQ, Bruce Frantzis, and so on... you have them on this very same thread. Or in the one you recommend Walking Meditation.

• Like 1

Gerard....Sometimes I think you are very exagerated.

How can one harm himself doing simple Qigong methods SPECIFICALLY created to not harm like Spring Forest Qigong ?

There are lots of people in this forum reporting good experiences using SFQ, Bruce Frantzis, and so on... you have them on this very same thread. Or in the one you recommend Walking Meditation.

That would be correct if people did everything right, the way it was designed. In fact, a lot of people do it wrong. Even simplest exercises like walking in the park can be harmful if done incorrectly.

That would be correct if people did everything right, the way it was designed. In fact, a lot of people do it wrong. Even simplest exercises like walking in the park can be harmful if done incorrectly.

Are you serious ? I haven't heard anyone who damaged himself with SPFQ standing exercises. They were designed fool proof. So you can't damage yourself if you follow the instructions.

The orbit is another thing....

I say "correctly" means in a certain quantity not necessarily quality. Quality of exercises is important but most teachers nowadays say: "The more practice the better", but this is wrong because many people experience adverse effects from practicing. Anything in excess is harmful, you have to know when to stop and do the exact opposite of those particular exercises. Just because some people go well with some exercises does not mean that for you or for other people are well suited.

In my opinion most Qi-Gong exercises are designed to "open channels". This means they activate the Wind/Wood element and Space element, which is not bad per se, but this is recommended for people with too much Earth element in their bodies, people with Kapha dosha as per Ayurveda Wind/Wood is the element that balances the Earth. For people with Vata dosha which have already too much Wind in their bodies and which they naturally have the channels opened, those Qi-Gong exercises will aggravate the imbalance, those people need to do exactly the opposite, to activate and cultivate the Earth element to balance the Wind/Wood element.

There are others QiGong exercises which activate the Fire element or Water element. The same principle applies here, people with Fire element need Water type of exercises and people with Water element need Fire type of exercises. Each exercise has a specific purpose and is designed for a specific type of person. This is the reason why not everything works for everybody. And even if it works, does not work in the same quantities, each person has different quantities of elements and imbalances in their bodies so you have to "not follow the instructions" and listen to your body what it tells you, if it is right or wrong.

• Like 3

Sign in to follow this