Siddharthashoka

Infinite Void

If you are willing, please conceive the intricacies of your human body. What we seem to know is so vast and yet we cannot look at what is smaller and more intricate. The levels that could be contemplated are endless. They go on infinitely.

Our minds. Our dreams. "Our" is from something that we acquire. Emotions and thoughts. What are they? Dreams. I have had some incredible dreams. What is the function?

Other human beings. Other living beings. Objects that are not alive.

They are endless or might as well be so. There are so many living beings and objects.

Nature. Typhoons. Volcanic eruptions. Earthquakes. Hurricanes. Deserts. Tropical beaches.

Nature is so strong. It could completely destroy all living beings on this planet.

Objects of human creation: Cities. Pyramids. Skyscrapers. Swimming pools. Airplanes.

So many things have been created.

Go beyond this planet into the universe. There seems to be so much out there. God, as usually perceived, would not have limits. Thus our universe may be one of many universes. Each one vast and seemingly endless.

Situations that contained elements that were part of other situations that were endlessly larger as well as elements that were endlessly smaller. Everything, taken as one, is a situation of this sort. If we are trying to understand or to perceive eternity and unlimitedness, we would need to connect with aspects of our present realities or go  beyond our present realities and perceive that which might be perceived of God. If God doesn't perceive everything at once then it is a different God from which many people believe in. However, if God knows everything, all that something of what is written above would be at least part of God's consciousness.

The Void. Why is the "V" capitalized? It is to let us know that the Void contains everything.

Or, rather, everything that is beyond what we are perceiving now.

The Fool. Satan. Angels. Demons.

Drugs and Medicines.

Poisons.

Books and Actions which are considered sacred.

Tradition and Innovation.

Love and Hatred.

Compassion and Revulsion.

Sexuality.

Spirituality...

• Like 1

Yes, and the finiteness of our universe is something beyond our present abilities to explore within the lifetime of a human being.

So far and probably always. The boundaries are likely a limitation whether contracting or expanding. If such a thing as a Big Bang happened then it's likely still happening at some point if we could only travel far enough and wouldn't be a place to hang around. If it is unfolding at the relative speed of light then we couldn't catch it anyway.

• Like 1

Yes. My main point is that infinity in terms of time and space is far beyond our normal/usual states of being.

Added to this are the dimensions of our minds and emotions as well as our knowledge of our physical surroundings.

Yes. My main point is that infinity in terms of time and space is far beyond our normal/usual states of being.

Added to this are the dimensions of our minds and emotions as well as our knowledge of our physical surroundings.

It's large but it isn't 'infinity'. The universe may expand many times its current dimension, but it remains the totality of whatever it is regardless of size. Infinity is a meaningless amount because it is not only a number larger than any number, but larger than every possible number; a number larger than itself is impossible.

The knowledge our minds hold, or the relative intensity of any emotion we have felt, is, at any point, a defined amount. It's the same as a number progression-we tend to describe a progression as infinite, but it isn't, it ends at whatever number we have reached and thus remains finite.

It's important to use a word that is well defined in order to define the concept correctly. Every concept must have a concrete in existent reality otherwise it is a useless floating abstract useful only to poets. I know buzz light year likes the term 'to infinity'and he specifically adds 'and beyond' to make it more sensationalist.

• Like 1

No. It may seem something like infinity to us, given our present states of being. Nevertheless our one universe is just a very small part of infinity. The whole physical world including what would seem to be an almost unlimited amount of universes may be just a small part of infinity.

I have been thinking about these things and having some very interesting experiences for many decades. If reincarnation is true, I have probably been involved in philosophical and spiritual discussions and/or activities for many lifetimes. I'm not sure when I started in this lifetime but it was sometime between when I was five and seven years old.

No. It may seem something like infinity to us, given our present states of being. Nevertheless our one universe is just a very small part of infinity. The whole physical world including what would seem to be an almost unlimited amount of universes may be just a small part of infinity.

I have been thinking about these things and having some very interesting experiences for many decades. If reincarnation is true, I have probably been involved in philosophical and spiritual discussions and/or activities for many lifetimes. I'm not sure when I started in this lifetime but it was sometime between when I was five and seven years old.

It may seem like infinity, but it isn't, the point I'm making is that using groundless concepts creates bad integrations. It's like integrating pixies, or fairies into our view of reality.

Same goes for universe, the definition is in the noun itself . The universe (uni-one) is everything, it is our highest conception, so it's best not to then pollute the concept by creating multiples of things as universes. This is equivalent of any category, say that of canines and then say there is another category of canines distinct from that category, but entirely the same as those canines. Like counting the fingers on your hands then declaring the number is incomplete because there are many more uncounted digits on your hands even if they cannot be produced.

Understanding that a category is a defined concept related directly to concrete reality. It isn't whim, the word and the concept originated from mans understanding of the metaphysical universe in terms of no-thing to every-thing. No-thing is a concept defining the absence of a particular existent, it doesn't mean the absence of every existent.

Using the definitions and concepts correctly will help you better form your understanding of reality, but bodging it up with floating abstractions and half formed integrations will distort it.

Edited by Karl
  • Like 1

I've spent a lot of time (over 40 years) studying and practicing Hindu, Buddhist and Jainist traditions. Within Hinduism, many practitioners believe in many universes. According to these beliefs, each universe has been created by a separate Brahma. This is why I have stated that there are many universes. There very well might be. Why not?

doesn't matter how many (infinitely spun out) things there are or how many dimensions - they are all still things, whether the very  small microcosm(s) or the very large macrocosm(s)... thus realize that you are not a "thing" for then there is freedom when visiting anything.

I've spent a lot of time (over 40 years) studying and practicing Hindu, Buddhist and Jainist traditions. Within Hinduism, many practitioners believe in many universes. According to these beliefs, each universe has been created by a separate Brahma. This is why I have stated that there are many universes. There very well might be. Why not?

It's no a matter of why not ? It's a matter of definitions. If you have a whole different set of definitions according to your philosophy then that's how it is. My point here is that the use of the word 'universe' denotes a particular concept rooted firmly in what our senses experience-direct reality. It means 'everything' the total of everything. Thus, because you don't have that definition you have extracted another definition that is not rooted in reality and that is 'infinity'.

These two definitions: universe(s) and infinity are concurrent, but are not rooted in reality. These are religious concepts which have no basis in perceived reality-although modern 'science' is intent on establishing the diminished reality of quantum form. I can't comment on religious interpretation, it simply doesn't fit my own philosophy, others can discuss the religious viewpoint.