Taoway

Has anyone here feel like they have cleansed their anxiety by doing qi gong regularly?

In other terms has anyone felt like they were floating in a cloud at most times with a steady mind and heart from doing qI gong regularly?

I have grown up with anxiety since I was a young kid.

• Like 4

Yes, a regular qigong practice will definitely help reduce inappropriate anxiety (obviously, sometimes anxiety is entirely appropriate and healthy). My practice of qigong even helped me get rid of some full blown phobias.

• Like 3

Yes i lost my social anxiety through daily zhang zhuang in the forest also the anxiety of height and water...

Edited by NATURE BEEING
  • Like 3

I've found that many things get altered by a good regular practice.  When idle energy is always directed, how can boredom manifest?  :)  when in the present, one isnt anxious about the future.

hell if I've been able to get my boy to understand these things though, he's got super anxiety and I feel like I've been completely unable to help him....but then again, if one doesnt take advice given...

• Like 3

Yes, a regular qigong practice will definitely help reduce inappropriate anxiety (obviously, sometimes anxiety is entirely appropriate and healthy). My practice of qigong even helped me get rid of some full blown phobias.

I would suggest, Teddy, that anxiety isn't healthy or necessary. Anxiety is just dread of a potential future.

alfred_e_neuman.jpg

• Like 3

I would also recommend the Gift of the Tao qigong taught by Michael Lomax (Ya Mu on the forum). It can be learned from DVD.

• Like 1

Yes, for sure. It's up to you to find balance between achievements, daily "ordinary" life and practice. But in my experience results take daily practice. I you can do 15 mn go for it but I would say it really started after I was able to do more than 1 hour a day.

I'm no talking about "superpowers" just knowing yourself and your dynamics better, have better balance, clean some tensions, just serious beginner level :)

Another point, if you understand who you are better but ain't able to adjust your life to you, you may experience more difficulties !

A good teacher does matter.

Good luck :)

• Like 4

Yes, for sure. It's up to you to find balance between achievements, daily "ordinary" life and practice. But in my experience results take daily practice. I you can do 15 mn go for it but I would say it really started after I was able to do more than 1 hour a day.

I'm no talking about "superpowers" just knowing yourself and your dynamics better, have better balance, clean some tensions, just serious beginner level :)

Another point, if you understand who you are better but ain't able to adjust your life to you, you may experience more difficulties !

A good teacher does matter.

Good luck :)

I definitely can verify what you describe it as. A couple years ago I was actively practicing everyday. A taiji form and other simple movements when I could. And I felt like I was in a great harmonious relation with my self. I was always working with my self instead of working against certain feelings.

I am actively getting back into a practice like that

• Like 2

While qigong can definitely help with emotional problems, including anxiety, in the long run, it's a more complex relationship than "more qigong = less anxiety." Practicing qigong and related systems of cultivation can also cause mental health problems to worsen in the short term by putting you more fully in touch with your internal energy and your subconscious, which can serve to bring suppressed emotions and stagnant energy to the forefront of your awareness where they can cause symptoms to increase before being processed. This is especially tricky for anxiety, which tends to involve a positive feedback loop type effect - in other words, the emergence of these stagnant emotions and the symptoms they cause will itself trigger anxiety, which, if not properly processed, can delay recovery or even worsen your condition.

While this process eventually leads to long term recovery, it can be a bumpy and uncomfortable road which may entail things getting worse before they get better.

If your anxiety is moderate - severe, I'd highly recommend practicing under the guidance of a teacher (one who understands not just qigong but it's relationship to emotional health, and who is willing to help you through this process), taking things slow and easy, having some kind of mindfulness based practice to accompany your qigong and maintaining regular contact with a mental health professional. 

Good luck!

Edited by Aeran
  • Like 5

her voice makes me feel like king kong...but maybe its because the girl I was in love with 20 years ago had the most wonderful voice, and would sing all the time for no reason :D

• Like 2

her voice makes me feel like king kong...but maybe its because the girl I was in love with 20 years ago had the most wonderful voice, and would sing all the time for no reason :D

If I was King Kong. I'd probably go for a voice like this one...  alleviates anxiety too, by the way -- just check out the eternally calm Chinese face behind her in the window, beginning at 3:09...  I think he may have found his qigong. :)

Edited by Taomeow
  • Like 1

I would say that yes, through the practice of qi gong, I have reached a point where I do not feel that there is anything at all to be anxious about.  Thank you, that answers the question I had when I logged in :)

• Like 2

I've not noticed the dissolution of anxiety with qigong practice, but i have let my daily practice wander and stop at multiple occasions over a spell of a few months. This coincided with a lot of anxiety and i never started feeling constructively better until i get on my qigong wagon again.

I have it on good authority that certain types of nei gung like softly developed iron body actually can have a very noticeable effect by energizing the body, clearing the mind and calming anxiousness, at least in its beginning stages.

Hi, Qigong in its totality is energy cultivation with mental cultivation. Qi moves with Mental Intent which requires mental focus and calming. In a sense, qigong practice is meditative with meditation as the base on which focus and intent can arise to direct your energy or qi in its circulation within the body. Therefore, negative thoughts and anxiety, even anxiousness are put aside. During qigong practice, all anxiety, problems are left outside the practice area, wear a smile to begin the training.

Qigong is fine, you can also focus on your breathing, as that distracts and is soothing. You can try lots of things.

Edited by Everything

Hi, Qigong in its totality is energy cultivation with mental cultivation. Qi moves with Mental Intent which requires mental focus and calming. In a sense, qigong practice is meditative with meditation as the base on which focus and intent can arise to direct your energy or qi in its circulation within the body. Therefore, negative thoughts and anxiety, even anxiousness are put aside. During qigong practice, all anxiety, problems are left outside the practice area, wear a smile to begin the training.

Qigong is fine, you can also focus on your breathing, as that distracts and is soothing. You can try lots of things....

yes they are left outside.. and once you are not practicing or focusing... the problem will arise back.. it is not cleansing.. it is escaping your anxiety through qigong or meditation 

Edited by Shad282

yes they are left outside.. and once you are not practicing or focusing... the problem will arise back.. it is not cleansing.. it is escaping your anxiety through qigong

What problem are you talking about?

After meditation, anxiety will usually increase, which is the point of meditation. To feel more uncomfortable with anxiety, so as to the point of letting go.

• Like 1

What problem are you talking about?

After meditation, anxiety will usually increase, which is the point of meditation. To feel more uncomfortable with anxiety, so as to the point of letting go.

A Lot of people do use qigong or meditation... to heal themselves during it... and usually after meditation the person feels quiet and at ease and peaceful... never caused for problems to arise. and most of the time it is used as a temporary escapism of problem or mind,  acting as a pill and not actually healing anything. 

Edited by Shad282
  • Like 1

A Lot of people do use qigong or meditation... to heal themselves during it... and usually after meditation the person feels quiet and at ease and peaceful... never caused for problems to arise. and most of the time it is used as a temporary escapism of problem or mind, acting as a pill and not actually healing anything.

No, there is no healing. Meditation is about letting go of the problem and allowing the solution. Letting go of sickness and allowing wellness. Edited by Everything
  • Like 2

No, there is no healing. Meditation is about letting go of the problem and allowing the solution. Letting go of sickness and allowing wellness.

yes, but there is always a trick that you should achieve a deep down true feeling of let go and allowing,  but usually we end up with that space of "we want to get healed because this thing is painful or bad" and we end up, trying to let go out of space of a aversion and resistance to what is. 

so how to achieve that genuine feeling of allowing and letting go what is ...?

Sorry OP if it is out of the topic? please do tell. thanks.

Edited by Shad282
  • Like 1