Vajra Fist

Egyptian healing rods

Hi,

I come from mostly a Buddhist tradition but I am interested in Egyptian healing rods. I know their rough history but I've very read little online and on here about the effects of their usage.

Does anyone have any experience with them, good or bad, that they'd care to share?

• Like 1

No experience with them.  I remember Max Christenson of Kunlun fame liked them and found a way to use them during Kunlun practice.  As I recall you held them in each hand.  Like tibetan bell bowls they were made of several metals.  I remember a few Kunlun people saying they liked 'em but thats the way of any new toy. 

Good or bad, don't know.   Seemed a little gimmicky but never having used them, I can't speak to there efficacy. 

:)  

I have a connection to them , via the rod.ru   Ruskies .   I supplied them with some research I did on 'direction finding' with the Indigenous here, relating to the Geological EMF  and that little thing in our heads with the magnetic crystals in it  ( like a magnetic version of the  'inner ear' balance function) and the usage of iron laden 'special ochre' in ceremony and body painting ) .

In return they sent me 2 different sets of rods. I worked with them a bit ......  mhe . 

In researching them and their history of development , there are some 'gaps'  and some  'sus' stuff around it .  Also I was in contact with Rosemary Clarke for a while 

https://www.amazon.com/Sacred-Magic-Ancient-Egypt-Spiritual/dp/1567181309

I asked her about them and she said there is something behind these 'rods' but the Russians  got it wrong , or made a mistake or something.  When I asked for clarity she spat the dummy a bit and didnt want to talk about it and said she was far too busy anyway and  that ended our communication ...   :mellow: 

I think they are still in the back of my wardrobe ?  Or I might have given them away by now.

I had no more communication on rods after that  (  my contact told me her little girl loved Scooby-doo, I said 'OH !  I just finished working on the latest S D movie.  I will send you some stuff from the film, including a film crew cap with SC logo. Apparently the little girl was overjoyed and  would not take it off and even slept in it  :D   .

I decided bringing joy to children was more rewarding than working with 'Egyptian rods'    :)

recently the subject surfaced again when I broached it with Egyptologist friend ( who is curator of Egyptian Museum in Chicago ) and we had a little debate about them appearing in Egyptian sculpture and art.   Interesting, but his answers seem inconclusive.

I can link you to the online conversation if you like ? 

• Like 4

large.jpg?1304133666

3f21906a02d5758ed1d7232246a23f5ee96067b2

This one is very interesting , 

woman on the left holds one in each hand but the couple holding hands holds one rod each in the outer hand , as if some energy flows between them.

Also there is another sculpture of a 'threesome ' two women hold both outer hands of the man and both women have a rode tube cylinder  (or whatever it is ) in their outer hands . 

• Like 5

This one is very interesting , 

woman on the left holds one in each hand but the couple holding hands holds one rod each in the outer hand , as if some energy flows between them.

Also there is another sculpture of a 'threesome ' two women hold both outer hands of the man and both women have a rode tube cylinder  (or whatever it is ) in their outer hands . 

yes indeed.  It is Menkaure an Old Kingdom king with on his right Hathor and on his left the goddess of the Bat Nome (Nomes were the administrative districts of Egypt).

No one knows what they are holding but I suspect it is a stone cylinder seal e.g.:

bre.7311(1).jpg

which would be their seal of office.

Hathor is synonymous with the Eye of Horus and since there would be statues of the king with each of the Nome goddesses - effectively he is saying I hold the whole kingdom together by linking all the parts to the whole (i.e. Horus' Eye).  Not to say this is just a political statement but also a spiritual one about restoring Ma'at.

• Like 3

I'm not too familiar with what you are talking about exactly... I do have experience with something kind of new age called "Light Life Tools". They are based on the cubit measurements from different Egyptian locations. They are 1/1,000,000 the equatorial and polar diameter of earth. Slim Spurling is the maker I am familiar with but a few people are making them these days. He made rods, rings, and other shapes with these measurements. A friend left me with a couple of the rings and they seem to be pretty great.    

yes indeed.  It is Menkaure an Old Kingdom king with on his right Hathor and on his left the goddess of the Bat Nome (Nomes were the administrative districts of Egypt).

No one knows what they are holding but I suspect it is a stone cylinder seal e.g.:

bre.7311(1).jpg

which would be their seal of office.

Hathor is synonymous with the Eye of Horus and since there would be statues of the king with each of the Nome goddesses - effectively he is saying I hold the whole kingdom together by linking all the parts to the whole (i.e. Horus' Eye).  Not to say this is just a political statement but also a spiritual one about restoring Ma'at.

Interesting, that's a rolling seal is it ?   The one I was shown had the seal on the end so it was used as a stamp. This one seems a better fit . 

other suggestions were ; papyrus case - but seems too small ,   some are hollowed out, but that could have been where a shaft was placed for a staff or other object. 

I am familiar with the Mesopotamian  version of these rolling seals, but not the Egyptian  ... and I dont know why I am not familiar with them ... or the guy at the museum didnt mention them  ... or Rosemary Clarke       :unsure:

I better have another chat with him .  

Thanks for the pic and suggestion    smilie_op_009.gif

Hmmm  .....    I checked them out , they seem too small - the ones I could find, and would not protrude from the closed hand like that.

I found the one depicted above;   Seal of Pepi I  , it came with this text :   " Cylinder seals, worn by the owner on the chest like a pendent "

http://www.globalegyptianmuseum.org/detail.aspx?id=1249

It says its 2.2 - 2.5 cm diameter - which is about an inch.  Comparing that with the length makes almost 4 inches by a rough comparison.  That's about right for holding in the hand like the statues.

Not saying that this is right - just my best guess.

If they were some kind of metal rod - then there would have been plenty of them and someone would have found one.  Most likely to be copper, bronze or even gold - so would not rust away.  So .... where are they?

• Like 3

It says its 2.2 - 2.5 cm diameter - which is about an inch.  Comparing that with the length makes almost 4 inches by a rough comparison.  That's about right for holding in the hand like the statues.

Not saying that this is right - just my best guess.

If they were some kind of metal rod - then there would have been plenty of them and someone would have found one.  Most likely to be copper, bronze or even gold - so would not rust away.  So .... where are they?

In Russia  .      :D

But why carry 2 and have both hands filled ?  When one could be worn around the neck ?

d200756e17b44a3a367dccdc1d2796f3.jpg

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/d2/00/75/d200756e17b44a3a367dccdc1d2796f3.jpg

This pic seems to affirm the seal though ; it is a pic from the Rods.ru site , titled 'Metropolitan Museum'  (doesnt say which one   ;) )   in any case, they seem to be claiming it is the remains of an old 'Egyptian rod', disassembled  :

InMetropolitanMuseum.jpg

https://egyptianhealingrods.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/InMetropolitanMuseum.jpg

But I think I can see engravings on the outside ?   

Maybe the seal was kept in a case , that would make it bigger. 

? ? ? 

Edited by Nungali

Here's another https://www.brooklynmuseum.org/opencollection/objects/3465

which is 7.1 cm by 1.9 cm - a bit smaller but still nearly 3 inches long by about 3/4 diameter.

On that linked page ... did you click on the button for ' show scale'  ?   next to the seal .....  it isnt much bigger than a bottle cap. 

.......   unless that is a UFO next to it    ^_^

Edited by Nungali

On that linked page ... did you click on the button for ' show scale'  ?   next to the seal .....  it isnt much bigger than a bottle cap. 

.......   unless that is a UFO next to it    ^_^

Yeah but it says 2 13/16 inch .... i.e. nearly three inches - what kind of bottle is that for?  In other words a useless and misleading graphic.