RiverSnake

Energy Work Poll

Energy Work Poll  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Do you do energy work/cultivation?

• Yes
    • No

Good question!

I didn't expect to answer your short question in so many words. But it happened. :)

Seems my question wasn't that good cause I was asking for your idea re "Dao is in the shit" - and your answer addressed how to get or stay out of it!! Which turned out to be pretty cool - as that works for both, heh.

Thanks for sharing all the words, and letting us peek into the ideas of a masterful mio. (-:

Edit: typo

Edited by rene
  • Like 1

well please forgive me but I have smaller questions on the way...

where might I ask is the new post button

Hi sagebrush

I think on the front page of each forum is a button to start a new threaf/topic - but your posts about your energy work are most welcome here, as are you. (-: Thanks for your replies!

• Like 1

To me dao is everywhere, just out of sight. I can look in its direction anywhere I go, it can never be lost...

Daeluin, wonderful post. Would you be willing to copy it over, as is, into a new thread? Much there for us to explore, very much. Well met. (-:

• Like 2

Daeluin, wonderful post. Would you be willing to copy it over, as is, into a new thread? Much there for us to explore, very much. Well met. (-:

Expanded and refined here.

• Like 1

Expanded and refined here.

Wow you sure did expand it! Thanks for making the new thread; I'll read it over the next few days. (-:

To me dao is everywhere, just out of sight. I can look in its direction anywhere I go, it can never be lost.

I think from birth I've recognized that the rest of society doesn't get it.... that the trajectory of this 15,000 year stretch of human momentum has left behind the refined cycles of balance that connect to dao. The life on this planet had grown so refined, so refined and harmonious as to be ripe with manifestations of the mysterious, the point where our species comes around and has some say in the matter. Only instead of continuing to flow with the harmony and refinement and allowing the natural potential to continue to unfold, we get in the way.

This is fine for a while, until eventually we got in the way so much that we broke the natural systems of refinement and the whole thing is changed in a way that required large lengths of time to fully recover from. Only in the mean time the seed has been planted and the self-serving-decisions-at-the-expence-of-others continues on and on, and over time little things break here and there, and the refinement becomes coarse in some places, stagnant or dead in some places, sick in others. This momentum continues, and while the conditions are still ripe for allowing the mystery to unfold into manifestation and connecting manifestation back into the mystery, while the dao is still right there, we've come to often exploit this potential while we still follow the momentum of self-serving behavior.

So there are many ways of cultivating that can heal, both internally and externally, but often I sense it is easy to fall into the timing of that other momentum of self-serving behavior. So much is simply timing that leads to synchronicity. What is it synchronizing with, and does this momentum lead to dao, or does it support exploiting the refined environment we were born to?

ZhuangZi has an interesting exploration of this with Robber Zhi, who kills people, eats them, steals, and in general hacks away at the established kingdom of humanity. And yet from his perspective, the kingdom of humanity is doing the same to the surrounding web of life, so what he leads is virtuous. ZhuangZi calls both sides perverted, and generally asks why we participate in these games of scope and leverage rather than simply resting upon one's own natural flow between heaven and earth.

Perhaps it is OK to start with the deliberate cultivation, but one still needs to avoid the traps of deliberate cultivation that aligns with self-serving momentum. There are so many ways the established human momentum drains the balanced refinement of our environment. Just look at our food sources and waste practices. Most of us who are on the internet are contributing more to this than not, whether they cultivate or not. Though it seems like rene just uses a phone, haha! In any case, there are too many questions to really answer them all correctly, not when doing so means being a lot more mental than is healthy either! Spirit likes stillness, not thinking. So all just back to simply resting on the harmonious flow between heaven and earth. If we trust the dao and flow with it in our intention, we will find the way.

Hi Daeluin. I quoted your original post from above to preserve it; some of your insightful to-the-point ideas here were pretty well lost in the complexity of the expanded version. Kinda thought that might happen which is why I asked for an "as-is" thread. Oh well, it's all good, eh? (-:

Warm regards

• Like 2

Hi Daeluin. I quoted your original post from above to preserve it; some of your insightful to-the-point ideas here were pretty well lost in the complexity of the expanded version. Kinda thought that might happen which is why I asked for an "as-is" thread. Oh well, it's all good, eh? (-:

Warm regards

Are you embalming his post ?   :wacko:  :blush:

I am. :lol:

The Tao is forever undefined.

Small though it is in the unformed state, it cannot be grasped.

If kings and lords could harness it,

The ten thousand things would come together

And gentle rain fall.

Men would need no more instruction and all things would take their course.

Once the whole is divided, the parts need names.

There are already enough names.

One must know when to stop.

Knowing when to stop averts trouble.

Tao in the world is like a river flowing home to the sea.

• Like 2

I have never studied the Tao.

this is what I come up with if I had to guess.

because each person walks this planet(as far as I perceive on a daily basis)...everyday living(no Martha stewart)

the Tao is how life unfolds...the tao today was how I climbed my ladder

how the bug was on the stucco wall

how I laughed about two other fat men and how we three told our pain stories about injuries on the job

the tao was how the brain doctor smelled as she left to go mow grass

how I cussed that the girl at the taco shop forgot to put chips and queso in my bag.

how I will gently break in my client who is a repeat customer and a brain doctor to take in ted talk on JBT.

the tao is the joy that that video makes me cry and I am greatful for.........

because it is just being relational as best possible in a world full of struggles.

• Like 1

Hello sagebrush

You could study the Tao if you want I guess... yet I've heard it said that once the fish is caught - of what use is the net? (-:

Warm greetings

well yes I get that but how about for fun we can argue--

neti neti, :)

cannot fall asleep tonight. once work gets ramped up for me-like a lot on the menu-

it seems stressful. ok I am cultivating stress.

I pretend to switch to a place where I act as if-things will just unfold as they should, which they will. but I get fooled trying

to arrange, schedule, create, bill, estimate, scrape///////...extend ladders.

then I reflected back on the tao. that was not really what I think the tao is: I think it is like the wave of the bees in Annapurna and the hexagon patterns and symmetry in nature.

and incorporate now some simple PBS(public broadcasting station) local to my state info from this pm

beautiful

icebergs from newfoundland--the patterns under the water on the iceberg in some areas looked like the texture of a golf ball.

a photographer underwater and aerial footage as well over the icebergs

the way you can see the iceberg under the water-usually much bigger than what is noticeable on surface. the water around the area because of the brightness of the iceberg underwater made the water paler green.

he discussed slight scientific reasons for how something so massive floats in the water...electromagnetic particles. positive attracting the negative

then the gathering of snowflakes and the patterns and symmetry throughout nature. so much we are not aware of-or maybe do not consider.

the hexagon pattern of snowflakes-no two are alike.

the pattern was repeated in Annapurna Nepal and the honeycomb hunters.

has anyone seen where these people go to extract the honeycomb?

they make their own rope ladders...yes homemade not store bought factory woven.

and then climb down as if rapelling..precariously off huge rock cliffs where the bees have hives 6 feet wide.

they use  a long pole to cut sections off.

people down below on ground have smoldering fire...to smoke them a bit...they did not go into why but I know it settles them down a bit so they are not as aggressive.

the honeycomb is hexagon shape each section. perfect symmetry this hexagon..just like the molecules of a snowflake.

many of the baskets woven from this group of people were made in a hexagon pattern. and they used this pattern in decorative wood pieces cutting out hexagon like shapes.

everyone in the small village broke off pieces of the honeycomb and smiled..what a treat! and what a feat to climb down so steep a cliff face. they do not have carabiners and pitons and roped for even basic safety.....just old school barefooted and handwoven rope ladder.

cultivate that CHI. :wub:

the bees do a "mexico wave" in order to scare off preditors- so it literally has this undulation much like a wave you see people do for fun at college football games...happening across the hive continually.....

something else was stand out-the painted colors of exterior buildings in newfoundland.

and something else....

now I am getting sleepy

the show was spectacular.

there was a piece on manatees in florida--but not related to hexagon. it tied in with the waters being too cold but they are now

congregating near some kind of outflow heated factory runoff-----basically warm waters in these areas...even though these areas encroach on the natural environment...they are able to survive better because of this byproduct of industrial whatnot.

they are finding other places to go because the warm springs of florida are becoming less available.

I feel like an ass for hijacking your poll.

it was not my intention.

I just needed to explain why I can't take a poll.

and to talk about the symmetry in nature.

and maybe just one molecule of my thought is tao.

sagebrush,hi, glad you had the chance to do what you needed to do, heh. No worries re hijacking the thread - the discussion part was pretty much done anyway.

Dawei can unpin it, or leave it pinned, as he chooses; thanks everyone for your votes & words!!

Warmest regards (-:

whether "work" is physical, mechanical, electrical, qi, or otherwise - the definition of "work" reveals a very intimate link to the transfer and movement of energy.

by such a definition, anyone who cultivates does "energy work"

• Like 4

whether "work" is physical, mechanical, electrical, qi, or otherwise - the definition of "work" reveals a very intimate link to the transfer and movement of energy.

by such a definition, anyone who cultivates does "energy work"

I always cringe a little when the term is mentioned because my understanding is very different than most people's.
  • Like 1

LDMB, Eric Pearl is incredibly funny on this! Maybe post it in the shielding thread too!

Thanks for making me laugh, over and over even!

• Like 2

I always cringe a little when the term is mentioned because my understanding is very different than most people's.

screen-shot-2016-07-16-at-5-44-56-am.png

• Like 2

I used to cultivate with energy very heavily, as the years have gone by I find myself doing less and less through meditation and more and more through changing my actions, what i'm doing, and what I eat.

Cultivating, then eating foods that do the opposite is an uphill battle. Eating the right foods and changing my activities can have the desired effect, all without purposefully cultivating energy through meditation.

I guess my early cultivation was helpful though because it gave me the sensitivity to understand what different foods and activities were doing to me, and realized the correlation between my body and mind. Now i become aware of things before they become a problem.

I have to say, I think knowing how to cultivate is very important, much more important that high level maths or science which I never use, but the cultivation skills I use many times every day. Cultivation should be taught in schools.

• Like 1