Apech

Energy transmission and sharing - a debate

In the mental health care you see people like that, partyperson on the outside and pain on the inside.

Doesn’t say all is like that, doesn't say a majority have bad life experiences, but it is certainly one of the facetts of life.

• Like 1

LDMB,

You seem to insist that I am judging people who have lots of casual sex, and I keep telling you I´m not.  I do have the opinion that, most of the time, sex with strangers isn´t a good idea.  I think it can be exactly like drugs or gambling: a way to numb pain that would be better dealt with head-on. That´s my opinion.  But if you jump from that to my saying people who are "sluts" are bad people, well, you´ve made a jump that I haven´t made.

You say that you´ve had a lot of positive experience with "slutty" people and that they aren´t necessarily messed up at all, that some "slutty" people even have advanced degrees and successful careers.  On that point there can be no argument; even some past presidents have been "slutty."  But I´m not entirely convinced that they aren´t messed up just because you say so, though I´m willing to keep an open mind.

I don´t think I need to "consider withdrawing from the internet until I have a better sense of self,"  though it might not hurt to take a break, or at least be more selective about the threads I get involved with. (Just FYI: People you´re fighting with online are unlikely to be receptive to mental health tips.) 

Like most people, I prefer threads with a congenial vibe.  This conversation doesn´t feel congenial -- it feels hostile.  You seem angry at me for having the opinion that people have casual sex as a way of dealing with trauma.  Are you?  You seem to think that just because I have that opinion I¨m a hurtful, judgmental thinks-he-s-better-than-everyone-else preacher.  But it´s just my opinion, and one I hold lightly at that.

You have a different opinion and you´ve stated it clearly.  I´m going to leave it at that. 

Even in the first two paragraphs of the post above you are primarily judging others you don't know. Do you even realize this? Stick to your own problems.

I am not angry at you. I am not bullying you (as taomeow suggests) or attacking you. I am disagreeing with you. That is why is I suggested you leave the internet: you, an individual, clearly have issues that prevent you from rational discourse and need to address that.

As previously stated, I am posting in opposition because you are talking about sexuality, a subject with most people are not even fully comfortable talking about with their lovers. If you said "I think people who like the color blue have past trauma" or other problems, I would not have even posted anything. I am sure lovers of the color blue feel no shame and are not embarrassed about their enjoyment of that range of the electromagnetic spectrum. But with sex, with views such as yours which echo society's, many people will doubt themselves because it is such a secret topic that they are not used to talking about it or thinking about it (i.e. not fantasizing about but thinking about).

I am not giving mental health advice.

Again, I have known more sexually 'modest' people who are screwed up than vice versa. Sexual repression is a powerful force for evil. That is nearly universally accepted in the social sciences.

Congenial vibe? I have said please and thank you, have not insulted you in what taomeow refers to as ad hominem. I have disagreed with you and have pointed out where I see you as attacking others (moralizing).

Edited by lessdaomorebum

Hello moderators: I now see your forum changes quotes to reflect people's edits. Liminal Luke very deviously edited a key passage in one of his posts that makes it look like he didn't say what he said. And that has changed in my quoting of him, even though I quoted him before he changed this! Poor form.

Hello moderators: I now see your forum changes quotes to reflect people's edits. Liminal Luke very deviously edited a key passage in one of his posts that makes it look like he didn't say what he said. And that has changed in my quoting of him, even though I quoted him before he changed this! Poor form.

Once a post is quoted, even though a person may edit their writing, the quote remains in original form.

Liminal edited his post yesterday, you did not quote him until this morning.

• Like 1

Once a post is quoted, even though a person may edit their writing, the quote remains in original form.

Liminal edited his post yesterday, you did not quote him until this morning.

I am not talking about today's post. I am talking about a post from days ago.

Usually at DBs people own their own posts and can edit or even delete them as they wish.  This is a long established tradition.

Best I can tell, he edited his posting just one minute before you hit post for your reply.

It is evidenced all over the forum that after a post is quoted it remains as originally written.

Here is an example...

edited post by spacester: http://www.thedaobums.com/topic/41659-how-do-you-feelsense-chi/?p=701592

quoted post by Brian by before it was edited: http://www.thedaobums.com/topic/41659-how-do-you-feelsense-chi/?p=701615

Notice the time stamps of each post.

Best I can tell, he edited his posting just one minute before you hit post for your reply.

It is evidenced all over the forum that after a post is quoted it remains as it originally written.

Here is an example...

edited post by spacester: http://www.thedaobums.com/topic/41659-how-do-you-feelsense-chi/?p=701592

quoted post by Brian by before it was edited: http://www.thedaobums.com/topic/41659-how-do-you-feelsense-chi/?p=701615

Notice the time stamps of each post.

I went back to it a day later because one of the mods PMed me about my post. I have no way of knowing who did what, but what you say is absolutely, positively not accurate.

I went back to it a day later because one of the mods PMed me about my post. I have no way of knowing who did what, but what you say is absolutely, positively not accurate.

If the quotation or any part of your posting was edited in any way, it would indicate who edited it along with the date and time it happened.

If the two of you Liminal_Luke and Lessdaomorebum have explained your positions why don't you both let this topic rest for a  bit.  Maybe you're getting too far into personal tangents and entanglement.  Give others a chance to do that.  

• Like 5

I think that anyone who has worked with me in any meaningful (or ongoing) way will tell you that I explain everything in excruciating detail.  Most say that I tend to over explain things with specific details.

The issue is that everyone has a different framework and perceptional level/capacity.  As an example, some people feel things and some people see thing, and many do no actual practices or have ever experienced "energy".  Hence, I tend to taylor my explanations and responses to the person I discussing the issue/topic with directly.

But, if you (or anyone) has any specific (real) questions that you would like me to answer, just send me a pm with the questions and I will post my responses in a new thread. Whenever possible, with these questions, i will make my responses as generic as possible for the posts. 

If someone, would rather have just a individual/personal pm response to their question, please notify me, as I will assume that they want a nonspecific/generic answer for the broader group.

Thank you Jeff, for your questions and answers thread

http://www.thedaobums.com/topic/41978-q-a-for-jeff/

Your language is easy and clear to follow, unburdened by more philosophical ideas and terms.

I can now relate to the stuff explained very well, (except for the blonde that is  :P )

BES

• Like 3

You mean 'divert all power to the shields, Mr. Scot.'  Sort of thing?

Capt'n I'm givenitallshesgot she kenn no take the strain! Oh me poor wee Barrins!

FYI I was once Scottys bodyguard! Kapla!

Or even better yet

https://youtu.be/bT8CRi9k4bo

Capt'n I'm givenitallshesgot she kenn no take the strain! Oh me poor wee Barrins!

FYI I was once Scottys bodyguard! Kapla!

Or even better yet

Ye cannae mix matter and antimatter cold, captain!