Apech

Energy transmission and sharing - a debate

A dantien exists much like your ability to read exists.  Does it, when you are born?  Yes and no.  You may discover it spontaneously (as I did, both for reading and the LDT), or you may need to "activate," "develop," learn.    And then there's levels of proficiency.  What I could read at 4 and what I can read now is not the same.  I couldn't read any English, e.g..  Or make sense of words like "dantien" and sentences like "a recessive allele influences the phenotype only if the genotype is homozigous."  I can now.      

The literary vocabulary translation of "dantien" into English means nothing at all.   The "pill" is as indefinite as "education." 

Do you have "education?"  Do you have a dantien?  It's not a yes/no question.  "The pill" is the outcome of certain educational practices your dantien might get enrolled in.  It might get enrolled in a different program -- or none at all. 

• Like 5

Or make sense of words like "dantien" and sentences like "a recessive allele influences the phenotype only if the genotype is homozigous."  

Huh?!?  :wacko:

:D

• Like 2

People have astral sex with strangers for the same reason that they have physical sex with strangers, for the same reason that they might gamble or eat chocolate chip cookies or buy too many shoes: because sometimes, when life has really knocked you around, fragmentation feels safer than integration.

Sex feels good. Anything in life is better with someone we know and like, but we don't moralize about doing other activities with strangers. Some restaurants might seat you with strangers if you come in by yourself. Is that a cause for moral concern?

Sex feels good. Anything in life is better with someone we know and like, but we don't moralize about doing other activities with strangers. Some restaurants might seat you with strangers if you come in by yourself. Is that a cause for moral concern?

Oh, it´s so easy to fall into the trap of the moral scold.  And I can see how you´d interpret my post that way, Lessdaomorebum, but that´s not what I meant.  My post talked about fragmentation and integration, not good and bad.

And, for the record, I´m not anywhere near total confidence in my position.  This is an area where I´m very much still learning.  Perhaps there are circumstances where sex between strangers is a healthy (integrative) thing for all concerned.  Some of my friends claim that that´s their experience, but I dunno -- I retain a bit of agnostic doubt. What I know for certain is that sometimes when strangers have sex, it doesn´t turn out so great.  Sometimes it´s really not like being seated with someone you don´t know at a restaurant.  Not even close.

Edited by liminal_luke
  • Like 2

LL, I didn't see the moral side of your post. Rather that we like to satisfy our desire, get a kick or an experience or whatever. My interpretation of your post was that "feels good" or "seems good" is not the same as "does good".

But that is just my interpretation, nothing else.

• Like 1

It might be distracting if they are eating out together.

• Like 1

Dear Blue Eyed Snake,

I've got a pretty good case of PTSD.

If you know of *ANY* Qi-Gong methods, to help subdue this monster, I'd be very happy to about them! 

You could send me a PM, or if you feel comfortable, you could write about them out in the open here.

​That might be a bit too much, so You decide.

I've been seeing a therapist who specializes in PTSD twice a month, for about a year and a half, but it's *very slow going* so far.

If you feel comfortable, please write to me by either method suggested.

Thank you SOOOOO MUCHHHH!     Differently Abled Daoist

Hi DAD,

i replied here

http://www.thedaobums.com/topic/38832-waking-the-tiger-getting-rid-of-ptsd/page-2#entry709100

quoting is just not what it has been, ah well, change is continually

- - - - 

Somewhere i read that people who 'received' this energy felt hurt/damaged/ whatever and have been given help by other members of the forum. Thanks for those helpful people but the one doing the intentional ' sending of energy' ought too be capable of doing that, it's his/her responsibility.

- -- -- - - 

When an old trauma opens up you get confronted with all the pain/fear/anger etc that is locked up in you. That's a very hard road and you've to be ready for that and in the period that this is happening you need help to keep you from, for instance, becoming psychotic, or in other ways becoming totally unhinged.

- - - - - 

I think you have raised some very good points. Especially highlighting that the spiritual process hits very deep issues and fears. Some release (let go of) those issues and fears and others don't (wanting to maintain that same individual sense of self). Letting go of deep issues & fears is hard work, and many talk about it, but very few really do it.

yep, it is

I also agree that if anyone is doing any energy work with another, ongoing support and help is critical (for the reasons you described). In my opinion, it is not appropriate to do stuff like give shaktipat (if you can really do it) and just move on like some traditions do. If you are doing such work, you should stick around to help, support and explain.

and this exactly is my point of bother, from what I've gathered people have gotten help for things that were released during energy-sessions in chat by other bums than the primary transmitter. even though it's good this help was given, I would not like to be the subject of a transmitter like that.

But, I would also say that much of this is self regulating. We all seem to find what we need at the time, even though it may feel like a scary rollercoaster ride at that moment.

well, I agree, up to a point.

There are experiences that you have to go through alone, and others that you really need help wit. it's the wisdom of the original transmitter that should know when to help, and when to abstain from help

I have been thinking that it's a sort of phased thing.

first you find that you can work things with your energy, but you do not yet have the compassion to handle it rightly.

then, after your compassion is sufficiently developed you might fall for the idea that you need to help anybody.

as a last phase wisdom needs to be developed, the wisdom to know when to help, and when to abstain from helping.

furthermore I suppose that this is a spiral, a spiraling road endlessly going further,

BES

• Like 1

I have made thousands of posts, so it may have related to something else, but I am not a healer type and don't profess to be.

Any link reference? i searched on healing with offer or session authored by Jeff and could not find anything like that.

now that surprises me, you did sent me a PM this spring, whether I would like to have you sent some healing energy. Even though in an earlier PM i already have told you clearly that if that sort of energetic interventions would be needed, my teacher, with whom i have a realtion of trust, will provide them for me.

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for sharing your point of view.  And I´m mostly agreed with you about leaving it open as long as there´s consent.  Perhaps limiting it to private chats or private group chats (does such a thing exist?) so that people that just want more mundane chatter can do so easily in general chat.

Of course, it´s possible for someone to give their consent and still end up getting hurt.  People do all kinds of harmful things to themselves with their own consent -- eat junk food, smoke crack, gamble away all their money -- but what can you do?  If we don´t have the freedom to hurt ourselves, we have no freedom at all.

What´s this about banning yourself from chat?  You´ll do as you see fit, of course, but I think that if you want to chat, you should chat.  I don´t care how powerful your energy is, the chat room ought to be open for all. Jesus Christ himself could come down from above, and if Marblehead determines he´s not a spammer and accepts his application, he ought to be able to chat about pizza and politics just the same as anybody else.  Why not?  If someone is bothered by the divine vibes, I figure that´s their problem.

I don´t think the Daobums is about any one thing.  We´re all different and this place means something different to each of us.  Some people love to debate politics in the Off Topic area and that´s about it.  Others might want to participate in energetic exchanges in the chat area.  As for myself, I find this website a great resource for finding out about potential practices.  Right now both my partner and I are working with a Zapchen practitioner through Skype.  I found out about the possibility of doing so through another Bum.

Thanks for your reply.

LIminal

:D  :D  :D

• Like 1

If all this discussion is sparked by the concerns people have about the so called "light group" and their activities perhaps they should start a thread explaining exactly what it is they do in there and how they do it, then it might put some minds at rest or at least give people an informed decision as to what they are getting in to.

Edited by Jetsun
  • Like 4

The qualitative factors of transmission have differed slightly, depending on who they came from.  E.g. what I felt from Max, vs what I felt from Lin, vs what I felt from Jette, vs what I felt from SoTG - all entirely different.  All different vibratory levels, although I'm sure I couldnt give a perfectly 100% accurate description of each.  (SoTG's was remote, and the most intense of them, although Jette's involved the most physical discomfort of the bunch...)

• Like 3

If all this discussion is sparked by the concerns people have about the so called "light group" and their activities perhaps they should start a thread explaining exactly what it is they do in there and how they do it, then it might put some minds at rest or at least give people an informed decision as to what they are getting in to.

I think this is an excellent idea.  Can we have a Light Group thread where we can ask questions?

• Like 2

now that surprises me, you did sent me a PM this spring, whether I would like to have you sent some healing energy. Even though in an earlier PM i already have told you clearly that if that sort of energetic interventions would be needed, my teacher, with whom i have a realtion of trust, will provide them for me.

Yes, as I stated in my pm message, I did not expect you to take me up on my offer. But, with what you radiated in your suffering from severe fatigue posts and threads, I felt that I should offer again.

Best,

Jeff

I think this is an excellent idea.  Can we have a Light Group thread where we can ask questions?

Since there is really no such thing as a defined "light group" (just a term made up by some bums here), I assume that you really mean that you want me to have a Q&A thread?

My endless posts on mystical Christianity and threads like "with any realization" are not enough? :)

• Like 1

Since there is really no such thing as a defined "light group" (just a term made up by some bums here), I assume that you really mean that you want me to have a Q&A thread?

My endless posts on mystical Christianity and threads like "with any realization" are not enough? :)

the idea is for you to specifically answer questions about your practice - how it works and so on.

• Like 1

Not really, anyone can quote Christian scripture and use it to justify just about anything, just look at history. You are going to have to spell it out without using parables if possible. But I thought there are a whole load of people doing this these days, including a number of the mod team? surely they have an understanding of what is going on?

• Like 2

Not really, anyone can quote Christian scripture and use it to justify just about anything, just look at history. You are going to have to spell it out without using parables if possible. But I thought there are a whole load of people doing this these days, including a number of the mod team? surely they have an understanding of what is going on?

Exactly it has become a widespread practice on DBs - I find it hard to find anyone who hasn't at least been approached about it - but uniquely there is no thread explaining what it is.  Why is this?

• Like 2

Now, I think that is a very unfair statement. While I will give quotes to support my positions, I have always tried to use simple examples and explationations for my points. Even in the recent shielding thread, I have broken it down in various examples.

Again, I would suggest that you look at what happens when I attempt to explain things in detail. The "with any realization" thread has the kind of stuff that I believe people are looking for and look what happened there. Please review that thread and tell me what you think?

Yes, as I stated in my pm message, I did not expect you to take me up on my offer. But, with what you radiated in your suffering from severe fatigue posts and threads, I felt that I should offer again.

Best,

Jeff

yes, and you were not the only one, I appreciated that. I was ( and am) suffering from awful fatigue and recurring viral infections, but I'm pretty sure energetic healing is not the answer for it.

what i wanted to bring up here is the discrepancy between you telling ralis 

I am not a healer type and don't profess to be.

while i have a PM asking me whether I would like you to send some healing energy.

btw, i would like you to tell us what it is you do/intend in your energetic practice

• Like 2

Now, I think that is a very unfair statement. While I will give quotes to support my positions, I have always tried to use simple examples and explationations for my points. Even in the recent shielding thread, I have broken it down in various examples.

Again, I would suggest that you look at what happens when I attempt to explain things in detail. The "with any realization" thread has the kind of stuff that I believe people are looking for and look what happened there. Please review that thread and tell me what you think?

I will look at it. But all I can say is that so far from my perspective everything regarding this light practice is far from clear, infact it all seems to be cloaked in obscurity when it comes to the particulars of what is going on.

• Like 2

Oh, it´s so easy to fall into the trap of the moral scold.  And I can see how you´d interpret my post that way, Lessdaomorebum, but that´s not what I meant.  My post talked about fragmentation and integration, not good and bad.

And, for the record, I´m not anywhere near total confidence in my position.  This is an area where I´m very much still learning.  Perhaps there are circumstances where sex between strangers is a healthy (integrative) thing for all concerned.  Some of my friends claim that that´s their experience, but I dunno -- I retain a bit of agnostic doubt. What I know for certain is that sometimes when strangers have sex, it doesn´t turn out so great.  Sometimes it´s really not like being seated with someone you don´t know at a restaurant.  Not even close.

Thanks for the thoughtful reply!

Plenty of people who are "in love" have "bad sex" (that they don't like), or even an "unhealthy attitude" toward sex (using it to take advantage of their partner, not being giving, etc).

I have been in public conversations with strangers (not about sex) where I have basically run away because I thought the other person was so weird, or in one case was too kind (long story) and I was embarrassed.

People in "loving, committed" relationships can hurt each other emotionally either intentionally or unintentionally via sex, either the act or comments they make related to the act.

There are also big differences about how the _average_ man and _average_ woman relate to and deal with sex with strangers. Here is something I wrote on another thread here on TDB this summer: As Dilbert author Scott Adams has said, "If men ruled the world, they could get sex anywhere, anytime. Restaurants would give you sex instead of breath mints on the way out. Gas stations would give sex with every fill-up. Banks would give sex to anyone who opened a checking account." (from The Dilbert Future, chapter 7, "The Future of Gender Relations"). BTW, I am being totally serious. Hence, my sincere and deep respect for 'sluts' and nymphomaniacs. I adore them.

Lots of people nowadays are into hugging strangers. I hate that. Hugging is more intimate than sex for me. Sex can be purely physical for me (and also more than physical). Hugging can only be very intimate for me. When someone I am not intimate with hugs me, I feel like the huggers among you would probably feel if that person took their clothes off and then hugged you: creepy, too much.

Crossing the street can turn out not so great or not even close to being seated with someone you don't know at a restaurant, but I still cross the street (for the same reason the chicken did).

Edited by lessdaomorebum

doesn't seem unfair to me, I remember the trhead you're referring to. it's long and I found it interesting but also quite philosophical. Meaning not very practical. ( cannot find the right words here, english still isn't my forte)

I mean, last spring i've been to a lady who specializes in the combination of fatigue and food. She senses which foods are good/bad for you and advises supplements your body needs. She also does energetic healing. she was very precise and explained what she was doing, like" there is some problem in your abdomen , not in but close to the uterus, i will fix the broken link, that will take some time and you will probably feel bad for a while.

I was a very interesting experience for both of us, for her because it was the first time she came upon this specific problem and also because I was able to tell her what was going on in my body while she worked on me..

I was aware of the problem there, and work had already be done on it.

it left me with the question, how can a male become aware of a typical female cut/blockage ( or the other way round of course)

---

or the way Dwai described that his teacher is sort of 'touching' the LDT so that you can go on to stoke the fire yourself, a practice that i know of my own experience. My teacher also is able to explain what he does in practical terms. And, already being too tired when i started my training with him, there have been sessions that i could not stay on my feet for all of the two hours, therefore I have been sitting and looking what happened in the dojo too. I've learned much from that.

I for one would just be plain interested in what you do when sending healing energy to somebody. And I suppose there are enough bums that are able to more or less grasp your meaning when you do that. look forward to it.

• Like 2

doesn't seem unfair to me, I remember the trhead you're referring to. it's long and I found it interesting but also quite philosophical. Meaning not very practical. ( cannot find the right words here, english still isn't my forte)

I mean, last spring i've been to a lady who specializes in the combination of fatigue and food. She senses which foods are good/bad for you and advises supplements your body needs. She also does energetic healing. she was very precise and explained what she was doing, like" there is some problem in your abdomen , not in but close to the uterus, i will fix the broken link, that will take some time and you will probably feel bad for a while.

I was a very interesting experience for both of us, for her because it was the first time she came upon this specific problem and also because I was able to tell her what was going on in my body while she worked on me..

I was aware of the problem there, and work had already be done on it.

it left me with the question, how can a male become aware of a typical female cut/blockage ( or the other way round of course)

---

or the way Dwai described that his teacher is sort of 'touching' the LDT so that you can go on to stoke the fire yourself, a practice that i know of my own experience. My teacher also is able to explain what he does in practical terms. And, already being too tired when i started my training with him, there have been sessions that i could not stay on my feet for all of the two hours, therefore I have been sitting and looking what happened in the dojo too. I've learned much from that.

I for one would just be plain interested in what you do when sending healing energy to somebody. And I suppose there are enough bums that are able to more or less grasp your meaning when you do that. look forward to it.

I think that anyone who has worked with me in any meaningful (or ongoing) way will tell you that I explain everything in excruciating detail.  Most say that I tend to over explain things with specific details.

The issue is that everyone has a different framework and perceptional level/capacity.  As an example, some people feel things and some people see thing, and many do no actual practices or have ever experienced "energy".  Hence, I tend to taylor my explanations and responses to the person I discussing the issue/topic with directly.

But, if you (or anyone) has any specific (real) questions that you would like me to answer, just send me a pm with the questions and I will post my responses in a new thread. Whenever possible, with these questions, i will make my responses as generic as possible for the posts. 

If someone, would rather have just a individual/personal pm response to their question, please notify me, as I will assume that they want a nonspecific/generic answer for the broader group.

• Like 3