dawei

Staff addition and update

Thanks for joining us, again, on the Great Mod Ship.

Grab your life preserver and enjoy the ride!

:wub:

• Like 3

Thanks for joining us, again, on the Great Mod Ship.

Grab your life preserver and enjoy the ride!

:wub:

I think "The Mod Squad" has a certain ring to it...

Thanks for serving, Michael!

• Like 5

Great !    I look forward to diving headfirst into the new era   here on DBs !  

anigif_enhanced-buzz-27154-1385053822-35

• Like 4

Thelerner is old school..

Well.. there's no school like old school. 

I've been on this forum a long time.  We used to have to pause in order to pour more electrons onto these computational devices. 

I'd like to thank the mods for their trust and thank the whole board for being here; part of this experiment in community that is the Dao Bums.  Its given me a chance to learn, discuss and be creative.  I'd rather be with you guys then the best of people on the net.   Undoubtedly the first person I'll moderate is myself. 

The Dao says be natural, the Bums says don't worry so much. 

Here's to the Dao Bums.

• Like 10

Well.. there's no school like old school. 

I've been on this forum a long time.  We used to have to pause in order to pour more electrons onto these computational devices. 

I'd like to thank the mods for their trust and thank the whole board for being here; part of this experiment in community that is the Dao Bums.  Its given me a chance to learn, discuss and be creative.  I'd rather be with you guys then the best of people on the net.   Undoubtedly the first person I'll moderate is myself. 

The Dao says be natural, the Bums says don't worry so much. 

Here's to the Dao Bums.

:o

Almost 12 years, and still going strong!!  

• Like 5

Thanks for being brave enough to do that.

Enjoy the ride.

Hope its better than that one I just had above 

• Like 4

Just to do a roll call, here are the current moderators, in alphabetic order (Woody Allen always does his credits that way too):

Cheya

Kar3n

Thelerner

Zhongyongdaoist

:)

I know Cheya doesn't want the attention but she has stepped down from staff..   No... not due to Trump   :D

She tried it because I asked her... several times... and I deeply appreciate her time here, if only that it was a good excuse to chat more with her  :blush:

But like many, she found that it is a different dimension... you see TDB from a different perspective  :blink:

Let's just agree to disagree and yet still get along without name-calling, etc...   that would make staff's job easier for some to consider the job.   

LL said to bring back the "don't like" button so we can dump some into moderator...  I laughed a few days on that... and today woke up to... 'what a great idea'  :lol:

• Like 8

Thank you Cheya for your wisdom and being a good sounding board. Your service has been greatly valued and I will truly miss you being part of the team :wub:

_/\_

• Like 5

Thank you Cheya for your wisdom and being a good sounding board. Your service has been greatly valued and I will truly miss you being part of the team :wub:

_/\_

yup :)

• Like 5

I've been so busy solving the world's problems, that I haven't really had time to say goodbye.  Cheya will certainly be missed on the staff yachting parties, my hot air may have kept the sails full, but she kept our spirits up.

leakin_lena2.jpg

ZYD

Poohbah Plenipotentiary

P.S. She also appreciated my weird sense of humor.

• Like 7

STAFF REQUEST

THelerner has been on his second tour of duty as Staff and I purposely asked him to do this second around.  He has contributed in the way I had hoped; an old school guy of TDB who has kept step with the evolution of the forum and exemplifies to other staff how he balances that.  

Staffing is not for everyone.  It takes a certain amount of suppression and detachment with an understanding of what matters for the board and its members.   Rarely does someone come on as a perfect candidate, and why I say to staff that being a moderator is a form of cultivation; you learn a lot about yourself :)

In that vein, which is not meant to scare anyone off but I hope it would also serve as a useful challenge to request for someone to volunteer their time as staff. 

I still would really like a TDB lady or two to consider, but will take any volunteers and I will be in touch if we think that would work out.

Thanks in advance for any consideration :)

• Like 5