roycee00

Which Form of Qi Gong Do You Recommend for Chronic Fatigue?

Healing takes time, how long have you been doing the healing techniques your talking about? If your getting results all i would say is keep doing what your doing(perhaps do even more of it), see a professional healer as a compliment to the work your doing. Michael Lomax does some good distance healing work. 

• Like 2

Spring forest is very strengthening to the energy system, and chunyi lin does distance healing too.

Flying phoenix is both strengthening and purifying, so is more balanced in that respect. Sifu Terry is around to answer questions on the flying phoenix thread on daobums, and he may be able to help you.

Personally speaking whenever I'm burned out from stress I make jiaogulan or ginseng tea. It might be worth seeing a TCM doctor who can prescribe you some tonic herbs.

Wish you the best of luck with your condition.

• Like 2

I've been suffering from chronic fatigue for about 9 years now and the blocked energy seems to be dissolving from some healing techniques I am doing, but is not dissolving fast enough. Which form(s) of qigong do you guys recommend to heal faster?

It's fortunate that the techniques you are working with are helping. I agree with Old Chi and will add something else.

It may be helpful to consider the fact that those things we experience, even the difficult and painful, are somehow a part of what we need to grow.

Certainly we want to speed up the process when we are in pain (or slow down the process when we are relishing) but that effort and frustration that we manifest when we are unsatisfied with wherever we are at any given moment are, in and of themselves, a major source of our suffering. 

In addition to your efforts to get rid of the symptoms and diagnosis there is enormous healing potential in finding a way to simply be as you are and find fulfillment in life along with whatever symptoms you are manifesting. 

If you listen deeply to what the symptoms and circumstances have to tell you, there may be deep insights.

Manitou, a member here and a beautiful soul, is very insightful regarding how and why we manifest certain things.

As far as qigong goes, just about any system will be helpful - the 8 Brocades comes to mind, it is gentle and accessible and there are lots of practitioners and teachers you can connect with. I have no experience with the other systems mentioned but suspect they would also help.

What is more important than which style is to learn how to practice skillfully from a master, IMO.

If you have access to a credible shamanic practitioner, that is something that could also be very helpful.

Good luck!

• Like 4

I'd mention Zhan Zhuang, ie standing meditation.   Nice way to increase energy and get some meditation in.  It can be as simple as just standing or 'hugging' the tree. 

If a person is really tired and can't do a lot of movement, I'd suggest Pan Gu, very simple energetic form. 

• Like 1

Hi,

Since the ultimate cause of suffering and disease is rooted in the Heart, this is the main organ to focus on. HOWEVER, the Heart also contains the rest of the elements and because of its ultimate nature (the emperor, the king) you cannot access it until the rest of the elements have reached a reasonable state of balance. Why, simply because it won't let you do that! He is the King! Deal with my subjects (court officials, zang-fu theory, refer to the Neijing to learn more about Chinese Medicine) first before you dare to come and see me.

As this may sound fantastic, in reality it is not, it's just deep and complex Taoist medical philosophy.

Further reading:

All Disease Comes from the Heart

No wonder why Buddhist monastics practice 24/7 especially in the first 3-4 years after ordination. A friend of mine a Theravada Buddhist monastic told me that practice was very hard, I felt like being in the army. Meditation non-stop, time for nothing else. This is the only way to tackle DESIRE...the root of all disease.

Qigong forms won't take you deep enough unless they are one of the Chinese Internal Martials: Bagua, Xingyi and Tai Chi. But Bagua is the one that has the closest relationship with Chinese Medicine.

A good video to watch, far from the typical Buddhist pretentious and intellectual talk disconnected from the 'world.'

Phra Frank at the Healing Temple

Good luck! :)

Edited by Gerard
  • Like 1

Extra info to the OP:

Your Heart is blocked be excessive Hun or not enough Hun movement.

You need to:

1. Visit an experienced Chinese Medicine doctor. There are good doctors and bad doctors, like anything else in life. Stay away from mediocre or bad doctors

2. Check the Kidney condition and Jing levels. Remember that the Kidney is the source of all Yin and Yang in the human energetic system. No kidney = physical death.

3. Correct the flow of Liver and GB to make sure is normal. In our society the flow is blocked. So bad news for everyone.

3. Strengthen the Spleen and Lung.

4. Purify the Heart. This takes a considerable time and effort especially if you have had this condition for 9 years.

A very informing lecture about Shen (spirit collective) and Hun (soul). Very long but well worth it.

Shen and Hun in Chinese Medicine

These two are in charge of everyhting and they both need each other. A Heart without a Liver is like a computer without the software. The King and the General of the army. :)

Wish you the very best of luck. :)

Edited by Gerard
  • Like 1

do not exert yourself, it's better to do 3 short practices then one long one.

Standing posture, ( on a high thin horse!!) meditation, both standing, sitting and when you're real tired laying down.

some moving qigung or taiji, cannot advise you there.

The body is tired, so you want to move it but not to exert yourself, this can actually make things worse.

Shaking can be helpful too, use the search function on that. Light stretching is good too, when you're able to go outside to green places, preferably with flowing water, depending on where you live, mountains/ beach are very healthy places to be and replenish yourself.

stay away from people who suck at you, ( like people who say you just have to go to the gym...) try not to worry

wish you all the best

BES

• Like 2

what, an aversion to exercise?  :P  break a sweat every day and in one month a spark of yang should arise from it.  I've seriously never heard of people attacking chronic fatigue by stretching a bit more or doing more qigong.  the right tool for the job, and all that.

• Like 2

I would second the suggestion to find a healer who can determine the source of your problems. Otherwise, you are shooting in the dark and will not hit the target. An acupuncturist should be able to get to the source of the problem. A gifted medical clairvoyant might work as well.

Do you have any idea what the cause of the fatigue is?

Sleep deprivation?  too much sleep?  Diet?  Mental health?

The body is a complex system, or better to say a series of complex systems.

We need to focus on lifestyle and things like Qi gong and meditation are part of lifestyle, but need to also be accompanied by good diet, sleep schedule, exercise, work life balance and so on.  :) :) :) :)

I like Zhineng qigong.

• Like 1

I went to healer already. He said I just need to be grounded. I've been doing grounding exercises and qi gong, but they fatigue me. But I learned recently that by being out in the sun more and eating more sea salt, that clears up my energy blockages faster and gives me more energy. I guess having melanin is a gift after all!

By all means, do what works and makes you feel better, and avoid what worsens.

• Like 1

Everything that washes the restlessness away.

Two most helpful to me right now are:

1. Cold showers.

2. Satiating meals, with lots of warm fat. Doesn't go a day for me without two meals of vegetable bowl dripping with coconut oil, hehe.

And actually, getting occupied, so you don't really "have time to notice it" but only enough so that you have some time for stretching and stuff, and +7 hrs of sleep.

I tried some orange/cinnammon/ginger fragrance oil recently, but it was irritating me, so be careful with aromatherapy.

I'm also taking a whole array of vitamins and fo ti and adrenal cortex lol, but you can't really rely on that either.

Objectively I'm still not an energetic powerhouse myself, but I can manage, and run after a bus if needed.

What I read here, and what folks here have graciously advised me, also some strange stuff like not keeping my head in the clouds :P and being down to earth really helped.

Maybe I'm even becoming kinda boring, I don't mind.