gmq

Qi conducting tissues in body

I've read (Gilles Marin among others) that Qi "travels" through the fascia.  I've also read the contrary (Dr. Yang Jwing-Ming among others) that fascia is rather an insulator and a poor conductor of Qi.  It is interesting that such a stark contradiction could exist in the body of collective information.   Thoughts?

Qi travels in between fascia, where the interstitial fluid is. Actually the "meridians" are the least electrical resistance path through tissues which happen to be the space between fascia that is filled with fluid. Then this fluid is loaded with electrically charged substances like ions, neurotransmitters and hormones. This is Qi.

• Like 2

Qi is many things, but it seems we are discussing the Qi that flows through the meridians. Even so many types of Qi flows through the meridians, and the physiological explanation for the different types might differ. But to be clear, we don't really know any of these for certain yet, there are some theories to a more physiological explanation of the meridians, Andrei posted one of the more popular ones, but we really haven't found enough scientific evidence for it, so we don't really know for certain from a scientific viewpoint.

At least according to Jiang Weiqiao is his book "Shiyinzi discusses sitting meditation," Qi occurs anywhere there is blood in the body.  Remember that this specific Qi word means air, so when you breathe you are taking fresh Qi into your lungs and it is going through the heart and blood stream as a full external and internal breath (external breath is nose to lungs and out, internal breath is heart to body and back).   Anywhere oxygen permeates in the body is somewhere that has Qi, but obviously the major places where there are organs are the most important and also have the most Qi and varying effects and importance to your body.  :)  Certainly fascia has Qi, but does it have more than muscle or blood?  Probably not.

Re:

-----

"I've read (Gilles Marin among others) that Qi "travels" through the fascia.  I've also read the contrary (Dr. Yang Jwing-Ming among others) that fascia is rather an insulator and a poor conductor of Qi.  It is interesting that such a stark contradiction could exist in the body of collective information.   Thoughts?"

-----

"Qi" is a very big subject.

Scientists are looking for it as if it were an "item" that could be lost or found.

Many are looking for a "physiological" manifestation they could call or associate with qi in a human body.

What they are looking for crosses distinctions of the "bodily functions" they have been taught in modern schools.

There are many kinds and actions of qi, and many names for these.

As a general phenomena, this is how I myself define qi:

Qi is the relative potentials of YinYang at any given point on any spectrum of matter or energy.

In the body, think of any bodily chemical or part or function, and this definition help you to discern the nature and movement of qi.

This requires deep study.

-VonKrankenhaus

• Like 2