Sign in to follow this  
Orion

Tibetan Medicine

I saw a Tibetan practitioner recently for the first time ever. I've heard interesting things, being a TCM practitioner myself. The two systems are not the same but they have some similarities, like pulse taking, the 5 elements approach to physiology, and some of the signs/symptoms of organ imbalance.

The practitioner gave me 4 different herbal formulas to take over the course of the day. They come in hard bullet-sized pills that you have to crush with a spoon and add to warm water. I have the formula names but for the life of me I can't find any resources online that talk about Tibetan medicine. The practitioner said there are up to 27 different ingredients in a given formula! Naturally I am curious.

Could anyone point me to some resources to learn more about Tibetan formulas? Preferably online sources. I mostly just want to know more about what I'm taking, and let that lead me to other kinds of learning about this system. Cheers.

• Like 1

Thanks for the info but I can't find any of the 4 formulas I'm using in those links, or anywhere on the web really. I tried different spellings and everything.

Sign in to follow this