Sign in to follow this  
3bob

deadlines?

You only have until today to make a totally optional $ donation to so and so, after that you will then only have until Friday of next week and if that is not enough of a deadline then you have until the first Monday of next month... so don't forget!

Then again certain astrological alignment's only come around once in a lifetime and you better not miss those... umm, well, perhaps ;-)

...or how many chances does a blind groundhog get at an acorn?

A common and surprisingly effective marketing ploy, it is (unfortunately) a common management style, too! A particularly bad one, I might add, as it quickly becomes recognized for the "crying wolf" it really is.

To answer the question from a marketing perspective, as many chances as it takes if the groundhog's got cash...

• Like 3

I miss doing drugs.

Were drugs used in the army illegally?

I never did drugs.  Always recommend against their use.

Yes, drugs were readily available most places in the Army.

However, alcohol was very inexpensive (no taxes) so most people just stayed with the legal alcohol.

I never did drugs. Always recommend against their use.

Yes, drugs were readily available most places in the Army.

However, alcohol was very inexpensive (no taxes) so most people just stayed with the legal alcohol.

A bit surprising how drugs were readily available in some places or the army who is supposed to keep law and order. (Idk if they kept law, but they're employed by people who made drugs illegal.)

• Like 2

I miss doing drugs.

Were drugs used in the army illegally?

Soliders would be prescribed amphetamines to stay awake and so forth, as well as weirdo cocktails or mixtures.  There was also a number of drugs that were tested on soldiers without their knowledge, or labelled as something else. Pretty sure it is still happening up to this day.  The movie "Jacobs Ladder" is actually based on a true story, insanely enough.  The US govt tested a drug known as BZ or 3-Quinuclidinyl benzilate on a bunch of guys during the widespread "MK-ULTRA" program and it didnt go well (to say the least).

Drug use (illegal or otherwise) happens almost everywhere there is a sufficiently large enough group of people.  Its human nature to seek consciousness alteration - and plenty of other animals are known to seek out fermented fruits (alcohol) and other such things that have such effects (cat nip, etc.). 

lemurstoned.jpg

(then again lemurs seem to be quite diligent in their meditation practice, both with and without substance use)

article-2133967-12B965C8000005DC-78_634x

sunworship2_vignette.jpg

nWXL3.jpg

• Like 6

... but they're employed by people who made drugs illegal.)

... many of whom use them themselves.

I mean, right now Clinton is being questioned and she can't remember anything she did while Secretary of State.

Edited by Marblehead

Soliders would be prescribed amphetamines to stay awake and so forth, as well as weirdo cocktails or mixtures. There was also a number of drugs that were tested on soldiers without their knowledge, or labelled as something else. Pretty sure it is still happening up to this day. The movie "Jacobs Ladder" is actually based on a true story, insanely enough. The US govt tested a drug known as BZ or 3-Quinuclidinyl benzilate on a bunch of guys during the widespread "MK-ULTRA" program and it didnt go well (to say the least).

Drug use (illegal or otherwise) happens almost everywhere there is a sufficiently large enough group of people. Its human nature to seek consciousness alteration - and plenty of other animals are known to seek out fermented fruits (alcohol) and other such things that have such effects (cat nip, etc.).

lemurstoned.jpg

(then again lemurs seem to be quite diligent in their meditation practice, both with and without substance use)

sunworship2_vignette.jpg

nWXL3.jpg

Glad to hear you say "Its human nature to seek consciousness alteration"

I agree 100% despite having quit drugs for a more spiritual path.

• Like 1

... many of whom use them themselves.

I mean, right now Clinton is being questioned and she can't remember anything she did while Secretary of State.

You've never used any drugs, but have you ever been drugged?

You've never used any drugs, but have you ever been drugged?

Not as far as I know.  My job in the Army was too sensitive for them to play with my mind.

Soliders would be prescribed amphetamines to stay awake and so forth, as well as weirdo cocktails or mixtures.  There was also a number of drugs that were tested on soldiers without their knowledge, or labelled as something else. Pretty sure it is still happening up to this day.  The movie "Jacobs Ladder" is actually based on a true story, insanely enough.  The US govt tested a drug known as BZ or 3-Quinuclidinyl benzilate on a bunch of guys during the widespread "MK-ULTRA" program and it didnt go well (to say the least).

Drug use (illegal or otherwise) happens almost everywhere there is a sufficiently large enough group of people.  Its human nature to seek consciousness alteration - and plenty of other animals are known to seek out fermented fruits (alcohol) and other such things that have such effects (cat nip, etc.). 

lemurstoned.jpg

sunworship2_vignette.jpg

nWXL3.jpg

I spent a summer observing the lemur family at our local zoo.  It started as a project on behavioral interaction and family structure in primates, but became my obsessive joy, to go and sit with them, one I continued nearly every single day of that summer long after the project ended.  Their baseline manner of interacting and behaviors stood out.  They struck me as incredibly intimate, loving, joyful and mischievous in a sweet manner. 

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this