Yoda

East Coast Kunlun Workshop location brainstorm

So Max isn't a big fan of the huge city, but it would be fun to get him out to the east coast. Anyone have good ideas of a nice, small town setting that would be fairly convenient for everyone?

I keep coming up with Charlottesville, VA and Athens, GA.

Charlottesville has a nice, gentle vibe, a super pretty drive to get there and is a very easy drive from DC and is drivable from Philly and NYC if people can take some time off work or be willing to skip the Friday night lecture.

Athens is within an hour and a half from Atlanta and is also another great setting.

I'm thinking that we have more Kunlun interested people in DC and NYC than Atlanta, though.

So Max isn't a big fan of the huge city, but it would be fun to get him out to the east coast. Anyone have good ideas of a nice, small town setting that would be fairly convenient for everyone?

I keep coming up with Charlottesville, VA and Athens, GA.

Charlottesville has a nice, gentle vibe, a super pretty drive to get there and is a very easy drive from DC and is drivable from Philly and NYC if people can take some time off work or be willing to skip the Friday night lecture.

Athens is within an hour and a half from Atlanta and is also another great setting.

I'm thinking that we have more Kunlun interested people in DC and NYC than Atlanta, though.

I would love to drive down to Charlottesville, I think its about a 3 hour drive for me.

Thats my vote! :D

Ben

What about Asheville or Chapel Hill, NC?

I vote for Asheville! (Easy for me, I live here.) I could find a place for it (give me a time frame and estimated size) and help get it publicized. How big are we talking about here? Want to keep it smallish (<25), or bigger? How many TBs would come to Asheville? (Careful, you just might want to stay!)

NC is close enough for me to drive to, so as long as its a reasonable drive I'm willing to go..

If it was GA, thats gonna make it hard for anyone from the NE to make it, if its in the middle, it would be like meeting everyone half way, except those lucky bums who dont have to travel :P

ps. If there is enough interest, do you guys believe this is something that is possible to happen?

Thanks

Ben

My vibe is that we could get Max to any small/medium town if we could score 20-30 people to attend in order to cover their costs, so having a taobum who lives in the town in question who'd be able to drum up some participants and an event location would be a huge plus. So do look into Asheville. I can easily attend anything DC or South.

I don't know anything about Chapel Hill, but I've heard that it's nice.

Hmnn, I was just thinking I'd like to go to another seminar in 3 or 4 months. To re-invigorate and get ready for level 2 stuff. So depending on timing and family obligations I'd be in.

Michael

I'll definitely attend something east coast. Of course, the closer to CT, the better :D

I'd rather it not be on the feb 16-17 weekend though because I want to go to Lin's shin-dig :)

Edited by joeblast

:lol:

I am in an opposite situation then you guys.

I could probably see Max again twice in Jan if I want to(LA and Phoenix) but am contemplating skipping them because every time I see him I just end up salivating on myself for a month and unable to function.

I am thinking just do Level 1 and probably some martial arts for 2008 myself and then see him again in 2009.

Of course if Chris keeps saying Max might not be around for long I would probably try to see him atleast once in '08. But only after my job situation is established and I get more grounded first.

Cam

I would suggest taking advantage of the seminars while Max is teaching them. I have been in contact with one of Max's students in Hawaii and he said they were pretty bummed out when Max quit teaching them so he could start teaching the seminars over here on the mainland. Craig

not going to be around for long? well that is a good marketing strategy haha :P

i live close to NYC, how far is Asheville or those other places?

I would suggest taking advantage of the seminars while Max is teaching them. I have been in contact with one of Max's students in Hawaii and he said they were pretty bummed out when Max quit teaching them so he could start teaching the seminars over here on the mainland. Craig

It's not an issue of not wanting to see Max.

It's an issue of me unable to function for weeks or months after I see him.

Ok..if I get a good job going in the next couple weeks and Chris promises me Max will just let me do Kunlun and Standing and skip Red Phoenix(I can just tell the group I am a nicotine addict and need to go outside to smoke for half hour or whatever)

Then I will come to atleast Phoenix. There is no point in me coming if Max touches me and sends me back into Red Phoenix mode.

Heck, even Yoda was having a hard time staying focused when he went into Red Phoenix mode and he is a Real Estate Agent!!(blatent reference implying real estate agents are focused but not necissarily reflecting the truth of real estate agents as a group)

Best!

I practice Red Phoenix whenever I have a chance. During my meditation times, and during walking, etc. I have never had a problem with it so I guess it has a different effect on everyone. If you want to have the goal of trying to achieve gold dragon body one day you will need to learn to combine the two according to Max.

Yes..I understand The Max says that, thank you.

I am 32 years old and have learned the practice.

From my way of seeing things I should just focus on Kunlun and some martial arts for atleast a year.

Then maybe I can start practicing RP next year. I will be 33.

Also..I am not really in any kind of rush to achieving Golden Dragon Body.

If I can get Dragon Body by the time I am like 50 that would work perfectly fine for my schedule here on Earth.

However, thank you Craig for your Golden Dragon Body concerns. Hope you get to those levels bro.

Cam

Cameron, Sounds like a plan. Do what you think is best for you and I am sure it will work out. For me it has been hard to find a teacher who offers a way so readily to achieve something so lofty like gold dragon body. That is why I am jumping on it and trying to achieve the most I can while he is around. Craig

Edited by portcraig

I would jump in also if I was able to function after Red Phoenix.

If you arent able to count or pay your bills or drive a car after a practice would you say that that practice is good for you or something you should practice at this time?

No..you wouldn't..unless you have mental problems.

Kunlun, Standing and Martial Arts will be on Cam's to do list for now.

And I will be happy to see my friends Chris and Max again if they promise to just help me stay with this whole Earth thing for now.

Again, best of luck and hope you will be an Immortal Dragon in this lifetime.

Cameron,

Im not trying to be smart here but the transmission you got from Max was powerful and opened you up and maybe the next time you meet you might not feel the same way as you are open now and worth giving it a go?!

At least then you will be able to tell if it was the initial transmission that made you as you was and usually a transmission can last for a week or so as it tunes the body and unblocks the channels. Basically the transmission maybe over with and now you can do deeper level energy work? Just a thought!!!

WYG

Maybe.

I would be open to even just hanging out with Chris after the workshop for some desert adventures even if I don't feel up to being around Sifu again so soon.

Will see. I guess I have a couple of months or so anyway. No worries.

Glad to see your behavior is getting a little bit more refined.

I need time to improve myself also for sure.

Cameron

i believe having the east coast seminar in the tristate area will provide the best results in attendance.

plus i really want to go and i don't believe i can drive all the way down to north carolina for this. i did a mapquest and its roughly an 11 hour drive!

I probably want to visit my family in Atlanta at some point and know there is a pretty good spiritual/new age crowd in Atlanta.

So, if Max goes to Atlanta in the middle to late next year I am there.

Cam

If he's doing only one East Coast seminar, I'd suggest somewhere in the mid-Atlantic region to capture New England, NY, Philly, Baltimore, DC, VA, NC... I think Georgia is a bit far South. There are lots of smallish cities in this area. Baltimore might not be bad - there are lots of decent places outside of Baltimore city less than an hour from the airport...

With Atlanta you would also get people from Florida though.

I think the vibe is Max just isn't into the NE. So I am thinking the south would be the way to go. I would agree somewhere like Asheville would probably work best for Max's liking but probably wouldn't make that myself. But would definetly make an Atlanta workshop.

If Max does Asheveille maybe he could use the same studio Michael Winn uses, Lighten Up Yoga(over the blue moon bakery :lol: )

That would sort of be mean though since Max would probably end up stealing all of Michael's students.

Just kidding. Michael always seemed like an open minded guy to me. I think him and Max already sort of know eachother anyway.

After contemplating the situation for a bit, I think that Charlottesville, VA fits the bill nicely with beauty, good energy, its own airport, and being a bit on the south side of the equation is a more chilled out vibe as well but still within commuting distance from many of the population centers of the area.

We don't presently have an east coast interest level that could sell 30 seats to pay for Max and crew's travel expenses, but that will change at some point. Possibly within 2008. At some point maybe Sean could send out a taobum-wide email to see how many people would "very likely" be able to attend an east coast event.

Right now, the list of "likely" attendees might include:

Ben K.

JoeBlast

Thelerner

Sean

Cheya

Mikaelz

Little Max

Yoda

My vibe is that we have maybe 10 taobums if we were to have a seminar in January. That could easily grow to 30 by the end of the year.

Of course, I have zero say in any Kunlun seminar decisions... just wanted to do some brainstorming for Chris to kick around.

I'll definitely check in on this situation here and there and see what develops.