Sign in to follow this  
Shad282

Difference between Intention, Visualization and Imagination?

I was wondering how do u differentiate between intention, visualization and imagination when u are sending healing or trying to communicate energetically.

As i have been noticing some people use intention to connect or heal the person over distance without actually having a thought or an image of the person  and seems to be related to introspection but going outside, it is like sensational maybe.

some people may use some kind of an image of body healing it or visualize energy with certain color going inside. 

And others imagine a whole scenario of an environment, the person they are trying to connect to him and what is happening with them and maybe where they live and the room they are in.

what about you? how do u differentiate between them or maybe you consider them the same?

and what is more effective (in terms of healing or connecting...) based on your own experience?

Thanks.

what about you? how do u differentiate between them or maybe you consider them the same?

and what is more effective (in terms of healing or connecting...) based on your own experience?

Thanks.

I use intent to connect; imagery is a "byproduct" of the connection, just as increased energy flows, knowing and/or feeling what the person you are joined to is experiencing are. Not every connection will have the same "byproduct".

• Like 3

I use intent to connect; imagery is a "byproduct" of the connection, just as increased energy flows, knowing and/or feeling what the person you are joined to is experiencing are. Not every connection will have the same "byproduct".

but there are different way the intention is used.. and for me i guess there are 2 kinds of intentions.. one that is developed inside of the body, "introspection", which is like being in an organ or skin.. like vipassana meditation and it is called being aware of your body and each part of it. and an outer-intention which is used for connection and more of what is called psychic.

And similar to the one that is internal, where thoughts and images comes to hinder your focus and take you on dwelling thoughts, i guess it is similar with the outer intention where images come or visualization starts that will hinder your connection. Like you try to connect with a person but you end up connecting to its image or thought you have of that person and not actually connecting with him on a real level.

as the inner intention requires training of the mind through meditation such vipassana (as i only know about and tried) the outer also requires training in order to be able to notice the difference between what is real and what is created by the mind.

Also concerning the visualization, i was thinking that there is kinds of visualization one used to create something with the intent and one is more of a complete image that just appears as a whole without actually creating it. intent can be modeled in a way to serve the purpose of using the tool of visualization.

I tend to dwell less on what I see and more on what I feel and know. Imagery and or visualization, whether conscious or unconscious, can hinder or increase connections.  It is important to just let images rise and fall without attaching to them. I treat them just as I do thought, allowing them to float on by or to dissipate like clouds.

• Like 1

My personal experience and current understanding is that intent is that through which manifestation occurs. It is energetic and is not limited by classical mechanics or a linear model of space & time. Intent is instantaneous and trans-dimensional.

Visualization is intellectual, a thought construct which is shaped and/or assembled. Powerful in its own right, visualization is constrained and constraining, and, while reaching forward across space & time, it is largely linear and non-instantaneous.

Intent takes an energetic foundation, a raising of one's vibrational energy in both frequency and intensity as well as a "polishing of the energetic lens" before it begins to become even slightly reliable. Visualization, on the other hand, is using "brain power" and imagination -- things we have been cultivating since childhood (whereas the energetic cultivation is generally snuffed out in Western society) so it bears fruit more quickly. Visualization is a crutch, however; an attachment which may help to jump-start a manifesting practice but that becomes restricting.

There is something else for which I don't have a name but my words swirl around sight-oriented terms: seeing or vision or insight or sight, maybe? This is the instantaneous appearance of a fully formed image. It seems to come from the higher-levels or be cross-dimensional (which I think are largely the same thing) -- something which pops into awareness rather than being constructed in thought and which can vanish as quickly without losing its impact or significance. From a healing perspective, this image of an alternate reality, perhaps one in which an ankle is not sprained, seems to happen in parallel with the setting of intent -- as if the healer is offered a potential reality to manifest which needs only to be selected rather than built, if that makes sense. Stillness first, then intent-setting -- sometimes a momentary flash of another version of reality -- and then a release and relaxation back into the modified stream of "now." Nothing needs to be "done" -- the "work" is in raising one's vibrational energy on a daily basis not in the manifestation or healing itself. I consider this to be distinct from what I think if as visualization, though, and a "quantum"-level aspect of intent-setting and energy-work.

Don't know whether this makes sense or gibes with other people's understanding but that's how I understand it.

• Like 5

My personal experience and current understanding is that intent is that through which manifestation occurs. It is energetic and is not limited by classical mechanics or a linear model of space & time. Intent is instantaneous and trans-dimensional.

Visualization is intellectual, a thought construct which is shaped and/or assembled. Powerful in its own right, visualization is constrained and constraining, and, while reaching forward across space & time, it is largely linear and non-instantaneous.

Intent takes an energetic foundation, a raising of one's vibrational energy in both frequency and intensity as well as a "polishing of the energetic lens" before it begins to become even slightly reliable. Visualization, on the other hand, is using "brain power" and imagination -- things we have been cultivating since childhood (whereas the energetic cultivation is generally snuffed out in Western society) so it bears fruit more quickly. Visualization is a crutch, however; an attachment which may help to jump-start a manifesting practice but that becomes restricting.

There is something else for which I don't have a name but my words swirl around sight-oriented terms: seeing or vision or insight or sight, maybe? This is the instantaneous appearance of a fully formed image. It seems to come from the higher-levels or be cross-dimensional (which I think are largely the same thing) -- something which pops into awareness rather than being constructed in thought and which can vanish as quickly without losing its impact or significance. From a healing perspective, this image of an alternate reality, perhaps one in which an ankle is not sprained, seems to happen in parallel with the setting of intent -- as if the healer is offered a potential reality to manifest which needs only to be selected rather than built, if that makes sense. Stillness first, then intent-setting -- sometimes a momentary flash of another version of reality -- and then a release and relaxation back into the modified stream of "now." Nothing needs to be "done" -- the "work" is in raising one's vibrational energy on a daily basis not in the manifestation or healing itself. I consider this to be distinct from what I think if as visualization, though, and a "quantum"-level aspect of intent-setting and energy-work.

Don't know whether this makes sense or gibes with other people's understanding but that's how I understand it.

Thank you for your post, very informative.

concerning the insight thing, of receiving a fully formed image popping into the awareness... how do you know if this image wasn't the result of deep mind subconscious beliefs coming into ur consciousness and is coming from higher dimensional place?

no matter how far we can deepen our sensitivity of thoughts and unconscious activities, we cannot reach the stage of 100% control of the subconscious mind and its auto activities.

Also, the healing perspective of images that come to the healer in terms of receiving a version of reality as a thought and the healer chooses with intent... does that mean that the healer doesn't actually heals, but he moves into the reality where the person is healed but the actual person being healed is still unhealed but in different reality? and so the healer is just switching realities?

and also are you saying that, healing is done by increasing your own vibration and so the person nearby will get healed due to the increased frequency/vibration u are emitting ?

then, what about over distance healing, if the person is not near, isn't it about moving the intention toward that person?

I dunno about glimpses of alternate realities. All things considered, I don't really believe in "alternate realities". I think that there are definitely more planes than the one we're on but there is a certain quality of restrictive-ness and finality that accompanies each decision (even though effects can be reversed).

I've had a few weird time-related things that I've experienced. But I still can't say that it involved alternate realities. Time, in connection with awareness, seems irreversible. But time, in the sense discernible changes, seems related by structure. The best way I can think to repackage it is that observable reality seems to be a structural-informational thing that is not intrinsically temporal. But there is a temporality that defines all experience in a way that is irreversible. In this way, there is one reality that is globally determined by all of the awareness-es that are directed to its various sub-areas.

And, with this, I think that memory itself is something that is similar to how the visions work. It least in the sense that it is a way that an awareness can apparently ex-temporaneously access a situation while still still being part of the continuously happening flux. I think it's a similar function that is differently directed/purposed.

Yeah, don't put too much emphasis on that phrase -- my intent (get it? :)) was to express the two different paradigms I see here rather than to attempt to describe a topology. If pressed on it, I'd probably describe an energetically nested hierarchy of sorts in which the levels or planes or dimensions are separated by semi-permeable energetic membranes or gaps. These levels each have something along the lines of many worlds theory playing out with entanglement between decision trees as well as between energetic realms. Physical elements seem loosely entangled between but some sort of nudge is needed to make a shift/transition occur. Similarly, something like tunneling can happen between energetic levels with an energetic "reach up" or "reach down." It seems to me that shifts within an energy level may be physical while shifts between energy levels may be more energetic or informational in nature. It also seems to me that temporal displacement can occur but this may be only unidirectional physically yet bidirectional in an energetic/informational/awareness sense.

I'm not sure about any of this, mind you, but trying to express things dimly glimpsed. It is my experience, honestly, that attempting to analyze this obscures it. Relaxing into it and disengaging the analytical engine strengthens this awareness and that is my path.

• Like 1

Thank you for your post, very informative.

concerning the insight thing, of receiving a fully formed image popping into the awareness... how do you know if this image wasn't the result of deep mind subconscious beliefs coming into ur consciousness and is coming from higher dimensional place?

no matter how far we can deepen our sensitivity of thoughts and unconscious activities, we cannot reach the stage of 100% control of the subconscious mind and its auto activities.

Also, the healing perspective of images that come to the healer in terms of receiving a version of reality as a thought and the healer chooses with intent... does that mean that the healer doesn't actually heals, but he moves into the reality where the person is healed but the actual person being healed is still unhealed but in different reality? and so the healer is just switching realities?

and also are you saying that, healing is done by increasing your own vibration and so the person nearby will get healed due to the increased frequency/vibration u are emitting ?

then, what about over distance healing, if the person is not near, isn't it about moving the intention toward that person?

First paragraph, don't know & don't care. <shrug> OK, not quite but sometimes you go with the what is unfolding and trust that it will become clear in due time -- or not.

Second paragraph, it feels more like molding a tiny aspect of "here & now" to be like "that other whatever-it-is."

Third paragraph, there is no sensation for me -- during local in-person healing, distance healing or dreamtime healing -- of traveling or seeking or reaching out. It all seems instantaneous, effortless and independent of separation.

• Like 1

I agree that analyzing can obscure things. The extent of obscurity probably depends on how it is done.

What I had in mind with my earlier post's edit:

"This could probably be explored in relation to some ideas in the thread on time and different things that have been proposed about time and choice"

Had more to do with what I think you're talking about. Much of the discussions about time and choice consider it in terms of cognitive choice; weighing options and acting. This is fairly in-line with the contemporary fixation on feedback loops for describing the mind. But it is that type of choice that is not what you or I are probably talking about. Once the symbols are drawn together and a representation is constructed, there is a layer of fuzz crowding the awareness. In some ways, it generates freedom because it enables choices where they otherwise would never have been perceived. In other ways, it decreases freedom because it simultaneously shifts the awareness away from the more powerfully leveraged stuff that can be perceived and interacted with.

In this way, if thoughts are bypassed, everything is more immediate and there is no extra layer of stuff to dampen, disperse, or cloud.

I spent a long time getting familiar with the stuff of thought, though. To a point where it can be turned up or down---only if I hit something that digs into an unresolved pattern will I need to wait things out before I'm back to easy quietude.

But, even with that, I guess I don't have much opposition to analysis---I even do it in my dreams (although it's usually more floaty...kind of in-line with my somewhat unconventional way of learning things).

Oh, and I don't really care about getting explanations in mathematical jargon. My main reason for going into issues of composition or details of description is because I learn best, and communicate best, when I can get things to relate to a set of details that just about everyone has access to. Alternate reality is an okay description but, as you can see, since it's a floating concept it tends to draw people into their imaginations about what it can mean or be. Keeping it immediate kind of precludes that kind of speculation (hence my bent on this type of detail).---Sorry if it felt like a bit of pestering.

I think we are on the same page. After four decades of fine-tuning and honing, of absorbing and integrating, I've discovered something which I don't feel a desire to analyze -- at least for now -- which has been a unique experience for me.
  • Like 2

I was wondering how do u differentiate between intention, visualization and imagination when u are sending healing or trying to communicate energetically.

As i have been noticing some people use intention to connect or heal the person over distance without actually having a thought or an image of the person and seems to be related to introspection but going outside, it is like sensational maybe.

some people may use some kind of an image of body healing it or visualize energy with certain color going inside.

And others imagine a whole scenario of an environment, the person they are trying to connect to him and what is happening with them and maybe where they live and the room they are in.

Thanks.

Visualization is initially imagination. Afterwards it is only visualization as the visions are seen by an activated upper dan tien (or third eye). To be more precise, the senses pick up the energy and the brain presents an image. It may or may not look like that to another person. That's why the feeling of the energy is more important than the "vision". However there are some who can see the energy clear as day...

Intention is the focus of the spiritual or heart mind. It is feeling and one sends the feeling to make something manifest or un manifest. Intention is not an intellectual/mind driven thing.

Edited by dwai
  • Like 3

Visualization is initially imagination. Afterwards it is only visualization as the visions are seen by an activated upper dan tien (or third eye).

Intention is the focus of the spiritual or heart mind. It is feeling and one sends the feeling to make something manifest or un manifest. Intention is not an intellectual/mind driven thing.

How delightfully succinct. Thank you, dwai.
  • Like 2

Visualization is initially imagination. Afterwards it is only visualization as the visions are seen by an activated upper dan tien (or third eye). To be more precise, the senses pick up the energy and the brain presents an image. It may or may not look like that to another person. That's why the feeling of the energy is more important than the "vision". However there are some who can see the energy clear as day...

so are you saying that, visualization is more of reception tool, to pick up energies and intention is a creation tool ?

so are you saying that, visualization is more of reception tool, to pick up energies and intention is a creation tool ?

Visualization/imagination is used until we develop power/intention. Then intention is used to do or undo, and visualization is then confirmation of the process. As with all such things, It's hard to express properly in words...

• Like 3

I got a little confused with the semantics of all this.

To me,

* Intent is a rather ineffable state of being-and-focus internally

* Intent can use avenues for its own 'amplification' and 'expression'

* Visualization could be an example of one form of tool covering both avenues

* Nothing is in a vacuum so creativity, emotion, etc. usually also plug in when using visualization

* Intellectual planning is also an avenue for Intent, perhaps we could say the 'focus' and f-stop :-)

Intent is its own thing -- everything else is 'experience and expression' and amount to tools.

As far as distance healing goes, although I consider the term a slight misnomer, intent can use any tool for rapport. Doesn't have to be visualization, but visualization can be a symbolic 'meter' (basically subconscious feedback). One can imagine-without-visuals connecting the chakras for example or just 'sitting intertwined with their molecules' or other forms of merge/rapport. Humans and our culture tend to be incredibly visual though, so chances are when you even subtly want to know the status of anything your mind's going to start giving you some kind of visual. Which you can intentionally make into something (their body, a map, a meter/dial/screen, etc.) or allow to be what it is (that can often have more spontaneous but offbeat results).

I am no expert at intentional distance rapport with other people though.

RC

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this