Sign in to follow this  
rain

one.. more time

Funny you made this thread, i would love to go there but i have been thinking today how i could make my own dark room using my backyard.

I think it would be a great experience to do especially at Tao Garden looks 100% professional Set up!

You should post your experiences when you get back???

WYG

Minke De Vos from Silent Grounds website has an article on her experiences doing a dark room retreat. You can find it at silentgrounds.com or google it. I'm sure it would be a very deep experience, getting through basic fears, intensity of senses, intensified emotions.. If you follow the Universal Tao system, the dark room seems to be a graduate level class, maybe PHD.

Go, go and report back :)

Michael

I have plans to build a soundproof recording room when I get a house :D It wont be for a while, especially since my house-getting plans have been postponed and I'm moving in with my buddy for a year or so. It will be ALMOST as good...at least I will be living in the same house as my drumset :lol:

I really want the soundproof room though...it will also be light-proof and I will be able to sit in complete silence :)

I just want to do "Darkroom Retreat" and develop better skills in body therapy.

I am really looking forward to the beauty of the country and 3 weeks of silent meditation.

Id love to hear about your darkroom retreat when youve done it! Ive been dreaming about doing a darkroom retreat for many years but havent come across the oppurtunity yet.

I know there where some people in Norway who had these retreats a few years back, but I cant find them anymore. Dont know what happened to them and I dont remember their names.

darkroom and darkroom retreat is just the setting

without the proper method, something may happen, or not

just the setting is not sufficient

anyhow, it seems that your body needs to meet some parameters before you enter the dark

i suggest that if you are going to do that, you should consider what are the prerequisite and proper preparation

of course, there are people that entered and were basically noobs, but what they experienced wasnt very important

i have to say it again... the universal tao system has many, many layers of practice and understanding

it depends on what you go for

i think you should go, but with these things in mind, you should have a better perspective on things, knowing why something happened, and why something didnt

good luck

anyhow, it seems that your body needs to meet some parameters before you enter the dark

i suggest that if you are going to do that, you should consider what are the prerequisite and proper preparation

of course, there are people that entered and were basically noobs, but what they experienced wasnt very important

Yes, the group here in Norway had a 10 day period of preperation before they allowed you to do the darkreatreat, which lasted 10 days if I remember it correctly.

Anybody here who have done it?

I did a seminar recently in Sweden using the forest for meditation and chi kung as well tree training. Was interesting the best part was Alestner the place that looks like stone henge i taught there and the place was pretty cold on the clift but inside the circle of stones was heat was absolutely a great experience.

I think mantak has proper food that effects the pineal and pituitary gland i do have his book on dark room enlightement will have to read it again.

WYG

Hi rain. I know some people who have done time in TaoGardens Dark Room. You get a fair amount of tuition and guided meditation, a lot of group companionship, and great food, apparently!

From what I have heard it is very safe and you are well looked after, and can even go out sometimes when it is dark, to see the stars.

Obviously how far you go internally, is dependant on the individual...it's an ideal situation in which to see 'visions"!

Have fun.

My brother accidentally picked some one's nose in a photography darkroom while looking for the light switch... so just be careful of that.

Sign in to follow this