Sign in to follow this  
Jox

Starting new job

Hi guys ...

I am going to start with a new job as a social worker in a school on Monday ...  :)

I will have to introduce my self to around 40 people.  

I found some useful stuff on you tube for the first day and first 90 days tips.

Any useful suggestion how to do it properly welcome ... I have one more day to do a little practice ... lol ...  ^_^

Well, first, congratulations on getting the job!

One day left to prepare?  Not pushing yourself, are you?  Hehehe.

The only thing I can suggest is to be professional and know what the heck you are talking about.  And speak with confidence.

• Like 2

If you missed this, you might check it out:

Your Body Language Shapes Who You Are | Amy Cuddy | TED Talks

• Like 3

Relax, make plenty of eye contact and be yourself :)

Congratulations and good luck to you! I will keep you in my thoughts.

• Like 2

Hi Jox,

Congrats!

Apart from what has already been said, you could do any centering/grounding practice you are familiar with on Monday morning before starting your job; actually every morning before going to work..and every evening after work.

Good luck!

• Like 2

Thank you all ... and that YT_Your Body Language Shapes Who You Are_clip is really great ...  :)  

Edited by Jox

Congrads.  I just have the basics.  Look very presentable, get there early, have pen and pad nearby at all times.  Go out of your way to try to connect to one person, especially.  Meeting 40 people can be overwhelming, but spending extra time with one can cement a long time relationship with a friend or mentor. 

• Like 1

Hhehehe, I was prepared ... but there was no time for few of us, a new employed, to do intro on the first day ...

Headmistress introduced us quickly, by saying our names and job positions, and we moved on with the day appointment schedule ...    :) 

But it was quite useful to take a look at some YT clips ... to remember ... some important "stuff" ...   

Edited by Jox
  • Like 2

Sign in to follow this