Sign in to follow this  
Karl

Electric universe

It's all Brian's fault for making me look up natural philosopher and then happening on this website, which I saw some time ago and thought it was interesting but had the feel of a bunch of science fiction crack pots. Not that I'm qualified to decide if their theories have any basis in truth, but anyway it's an interesting discussion on the merits or otherwise. I'm drawn to that whole 'hammer of the Gods' bolts of lighting, cosmic cataclysm stuff.

http://www.holoscience.com/wp/science-needs-natural-philosophers/

• Like 1

hehe....yeah, I didnt necessarily mean to say the inclusion of those links meant full support :D  those guys disregard a few too many important things. 

but I also think that there is some merit to some aspects of the argument that address holes in other arguments....none of which are truly comprehensive to begin with.

you cant just kick fusion to the curb when talking about the sun, but you should absolutely discuss the electrical aspects thereof.

Edited by joeblast
  • Like 2

It did not take me long to find this. Though I do not know that much about electric universe theory.http://neutrinodreaming.blogspot.com/2011/09/electric-universe-theory-debunked.html

Haha its a bag of worms, but kind of fun. The author of the piece was also contested. Sounds awfully like the AGW model theory again. Anyway it's out of my range, but I still like the thought of Mars being scarified by a massive electric arc even if it didn't happen it's definitely groovy.

• Like 2

Actually this is one of those things where a legit and serious scientific topic is repressed from the mainstream, which means you mostly find it mentioned on fringe sites, where everything else around it seriously detracts from taking it seriously -- and where most of the people talking about it, don't know that much about what they're talking about either, so its presentation is poor at best.

Look for topics like "plasma physics" to find discussion on this ('the electric universe' is also a topical title, but there are others). There are some 'mysteries' in current astrophysics, or huge theoretical-fictions-based-on-formulas, that are easily and obviously explained by the plasma model. This is not my topic of expertise so I won't expound on it except to say, if you find someone who knows what they're talking about, it's like suddenly having your eyes opened and realizing a lot of our current science is basically just an entrenched industry of paradigm, maintaining itself by collusion and self protection which has nothing to do with real science.

Geez I'm starting to sound as disillusioned as some of the old timers here lol.

RC

PS just because someone or a site says they are an electric-universe or plasma-physics sort, doesn't mean all the things they claim is a result of that theory are truly part of it. It may, for example, be the more legit answer to why gravity works as it seems to, but it may not be the answer for why Mars is scarred. We don't really know yet, but one does not constitute the other. :-)

Edited by redcairo
  • Like 1

Sign in to follow this