Thanks for the post. Could you recommend (or provide a link) the products you have used. I was looking online just now for some and there are various types.

Yes.

We evolved as living basically outdoors.

Modern homes are very hard to live in.

They are designed to separate and kill the occupants in a subtle way.

-VonKrankenhaus

• Like 5

Below is a list of places and the ion count.

Location                   Negative Ions/cm3 (Approx)

Waterfall                           5,000-100,000

Cave                                 5,000-20,000

Forest                               1,000-5,000

Countryside                      700-1,500

City Streets                       0-300

Home                                0-100

It would be nice to hear from others. Please let me know your opinions.

Interesting... What is your source for the full ranges in this table?

Edited by gendao

I bought one of those negative ion meters from ebay for around $50 and tested various items at home. The shower, air conditioner, heater, and faucet showed 0. Surprisingly my laptop showed a good neg ion count at the bottom. Having bought a USB neg ion generator, it recorded good levels and my huge - ion generator was off the chart. But both of them made me kind of sick almost instantly to the point of making me throw up so I don't use them anymore.

Nothing beats natural sources of negative ions. A walk in the park, on the beach, next to a river or waterfall, or forest is much more preferred. Even better is to live in a forest or wooded area.

Anything inorganic like salt lamps or bracelets that give off negative ions (without electricity) is radioactive and should be avoided.

Edited by daomon

This is encouraging that we can have a source of negative ions indoors. The main one I used definitely produced ozone and a strong ionic wind, I could smell the ozone in the air. It was so powerful that after 1min of operation anything I touched in the room (walls, light switch, my chair, desk, even the pen and laptop on my desk) would give off a very painful static shock.

This is the one I used, do not buy this one:  https://www.amazon.com/Wein-VI-2500-High-Density-Ionic-Purifier/dp/B001GXLH2K/ref=sr_1_5_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1472385040&sr=8-5&keywords=negative+ionizers

Tell us which models you use so we can get the same ones.

Edited by daomon
  • Like 1

That Weir unit was terrible, it made the hissing noise, made me feel nauseaus (from the ozone and possibly positive ions), and most annoyingly it generated lots of static electricity anything I touched in the room gave off a huge spark and painful shock.

Negative ions IMO are Yang chi (heaven), the opposite are the positive ions or Yin chi (hell). This explains the - ion healing effects.

After using that Weir - ion generator I lost faith in all - ion generators, that's why I prefer the natural sources of - ions.

Which unit did you use to test for the negative ions, can you post a link?

• Like 1

Randomer, thank you for spreading your knowledge about the topic. What is for example the difference between 1 million and 2 million negative ion emission? I am asking this since you had two different products with a small price difference. Is there a large difference? I do understand that it is the double output but is there some kind of effect like diminishing returns when the negative ion numbers become that high? How come your line carries two different models?

Best Regards,

joti 

I have to say that I am surprised so few people are posting. Does that mean that almost no one here has come to realize the importance that a high enough level of negative ions do to our health, or people just aren't interested.

Tons of studies have been done by universities, scientists and doctors. The findings have always been the same, that negative ions are crucial to health, prevent the spread of airborne diseases, speed up healing, assist the kidneys and many more things.

These studies aren't all that hard to find for anyone who looks.

Is there anyone here who has experience with having a negative ion generator in the home. Cheap ones probably aren't the best to comment on as they normally produce ozone and positive ions too.

I am reading but not posting as I really have nothing to add. I'll order one of your generators when I get the opportunity (it's complicated...) :)

Does yours require changing elements? I see some are using ion needles and others a type of metal brush that needs some maintenance, trimming the ends to create a sharp point again or cleaning dust off to maximize ion output. This maintenance appears minimal/ very infrequent.

This helps with understanding why cities and computers/ standard electrical devices are draining, producing positive ions or very low to nil neg ion environments.

We really need to abandon this techno world and return to nature. Back to the Pagan ways, sacred trees, rivers, mountains etc.

Edited by Sionnach

Thank you for the info you have provided in this and the other thread.

The general cost you'd stated for something quality nearly put me off the whole topic right off.  (And it's way higher than the cost you have for the ones you sell, so it wasn't as bad as it seemed.)

Curious as to your informed perspective on these two options available in the US for what seems a reasonable price (though more than 'air purifier' prices of course) and that seem to live up to the standards that you have said matter so much (high output NI with low/no output of Ozone).

The second one I am very fond of because it just seems like its made by someone real (the warranty/service options and only a direct-buy option suggest this) rather than super mass produced and they seem to know what they're talking about.

I realize you are selling NI gens so this is technically competition to you, but I trust you will post honestly at daobums in part because you are truly interested and supportive of the technology and health, regardless. :-)

$60 US (including shipping if you have Amazon Prime)
Selling points on page:
* emits up to 20 million negative ions per second
* multiple power input options: 110V, 220V, USB
* does not emit any ozone
* 1.5W energy usage
Other notes:
-- no comment in sales blurbs about volume/noise so not sure (is crazy tiny though)
Negatives at a glance:
-- made in China (for USA folks this is usually a negative)
-- several amazon reviews diss its longevity

$85 US (including shipping)
Selling points on page:
* ion density of at least 1,000,000 negative ions per cubic centimeter at 3 feet away
* virtually no ozone. ~20 ppb @1', not detected >1'
* runs very quietly (only a faint hiss)
* made in the USA (sorry that's only a positive point for USA folks I guess)
* flame retardant ABS plastic, RoHS Compliant components (lead-free), and lead-free solder
* 30 day money-back guarantee
* 2-year included warranty + service options after that
* includes free ion detector to measure output now/later and at various distances
* highly responsive manufacturer/seller according to reviews
Other notes:
-- suggests product be ~7-8 feet from appliances plugged into outlets to prevent interference
Negatives at a glance:
-- has no on/off switch (plug in to turn on) (may be no issue if using 24/7)
-- pretty sure this is only 110V (USA market) power in option

Thanks lots.

RC
Edited by redcairo
  • Like 1