smallsteps

What is the energetic cost of practicing Magic?

The breakdown for the 3x manifestation was explained to me as...

One from the initiator, one for the intention, or the work, and one for the target.

Yes, that sounds like some modern    wiccan sort of    ' explanation '  .

Stop asking me that .... look, we were going to run away and live on an island together, but we didnt ,  and I have no idea  about her now missing whereabouts, I swear !

I mean, I never even left this country !   

I supposed she maxed out on practice. Remember her new rule ?   So many posts = so many circles.   She made a lot of posts after that , probably still trying to catch up .   That, and her 'spooky business ' would keep her busy. 

Besides, I doubt this 'comes back atchya x 3  business ' isnt up her alley  ...... unless I am wrong and there is some trad reason somewhere for it ?   

I mean,  aside from my 'law of three in one '     stuff  ......     ohhhhhh            ha  ha   .   embarrassed-smiley33.gif

• Like 1

hey----

because I see a hexagram in honeycomb would not make me a black magic practitioner.

last time I checked my life is beyond bizarre by my counts.

but I guess I can go back to the beginning and blame my own anger for things.

I was disappointed today to find ts website not available...out of my favorites

not sure why-

similar to meeting quan yin---

and the mco bullshit

gonna add that in to for ubermensch.

yawn-do not mean to be rude.

I am not much of a community person. I do not think my involvement here in this forum beneficial to others.

I just get mad. I just know argumentation too well.

beside that--there are NO answers to my questions-I learn to live with it or I die.

hey wouldn't today be a great day for me to die?

and I am dreadfully sorry about ALL of it.

I wonder how deep the rut in the earth is from her circles...

as to leaving the country or not... I suspect, at her level, your body wouldn't have to go anywhere for you to go everywhere with her...  circles within circles and whatnot.

sagebrush, i can relate.

I'm getting ready for a break from the media again soon. 

Answers are boring, predictable and usually unfulfilling, particularly my own.

i find I am far more connected to life when i live in the questions... 

as to leaving the country or not... I suspect, at her level, your body wouldn't have to go anywhere for you to go everywhere with her...

dont start that, or I will have to post my 'Demon Lover'  story again  !    

I wonder how deep the rut in the earth is from her circles...> 

circles within circles and whatnot.

There is your answer !   She may well, by now, be in China !

My approach is totally different , I hear lately that I am boring .  

Edited by Nungali
  • Like 1

ok--- they put a man on the moon, but.........

its not exactly what the doctor ordered.

candy coated.....

ocean of oneness--

last time I checked we are not the ocean.

call me a pessimist

I do agree our bodies are comprised of highest percentage of water

and yes influenced by the moon.

the moon is yin

as far as I know the moon is there every evening-even when it is cloudy or rainy

I think stories that might be a little more fun than the demon lover might be

something more light hearted like--

the image of the cave with the rock to the side---

out pops a hooded monkey and it screams "roll back that rock and live"!

other wise we are back to the ponderings of plato and the shadows on the cave walls....

once outside the cave----the quest can be then for the persuet...(bird enthousism)

and keeping tabs on seeing the egg with the blue dots and the chicken legs run by...

which was a nice smile.

smiles do fade though....

the talking heads are a great band to listen to--

yes....same as it ever was.............

same as it ever was......

this is not my beautiful wife...

this is not my beautiful car...

this is not my beautiful house......

cute cute

little play thing

little pee pee and little toes.....

I love random bullshit.

no crabby faces please.

who is counting the circles?

speak to the sufi dancers-

are they bitching about it?

what does one do in a time like this?

you hope like hell boring is underrated.

the word for the day this morning was great. why can I not remember it?

I have to go to email--default.

"duck soup"

great quote from Cervantes too.

Edited by sagebrush

wordsmith.org

A word a day

duck soup---

I think from a few days ago....I have to go back to trash and get it

noun: something easy to do.

etymology: is duck soup easy to make? how the term duck soup came to be known for an easily accomplished task is unclear. earliest documentation is 1912

(on my side note---100 years later after WAR of 1812....)

usage:

with fear of math giving way to love for #'s, complex fractions, and compound interests are duck soup for the little math wizards.

P. Katiyer; how techniques like Vedic math, abacus, and soroban are mathematics for fun kids. the economic times (new delhi india, 2014)

a thought for the day:

no father or mother think their own children ugly: and this self deceit is yet stronger with respect to offspring of the mind-

Cervantes. 1547-1616.

What is that "Demon Lover" story?

A 'lesson'    .     I have two (main ) 'tantric' stories  from 'either side of the coin'The Demon Lover' and 'The Egyptian' . 

I am sure I posted it here somewhere , the search function here has never given me a single result on anything though     :(

have a try . 

( I can dig out my files if you need it ) 

Hello,

I am a total newbie on these topics (energetics and magic). I came across a letter Dion Fortune wrote to Israel Regardie on a Golden Dawn website yesterday. She was basically stating that A. Crowley had a kidney disease caused by his practice of magic, and that it was very common to magicians.

Is anyone aware of this and able to explain further?

Thanks!

According to my understanding, the Ming Men point is the kidney point and it is said, that external forces like energetic parasites, Demons, Archons etc. connect into your body energy system through this point.

The energetic cost is, that your life force will be sucked out and you get prone to depression, mental illnesses, body illnesses and so on.

Through Magick, but also through fear, traumata and any other extreme neagtive feelngs, you may get connected to such an energetic parasite.

Edited by Rocco

Crowley was a serious asthmatic. Back in the day, they prescribed heroin for it, and he became addicted. That had a pretty significant impact on his health. Despite this he set world records for mountaineering that stood for many years and against far more modern equipment.

I'm not expert enough to have much to say about the 'cost' of magick. My involvement in ceremonial magick in an active sense only lasted a couple of years, just over 20 years ago, although I am still an inactive member of an Order.

But in the kind of active-meditions that I do (not passive, not empty-mind) there are a lot of energetic side-effects -- and consequences. For example when I am doing tarot meditations I learned, finally, that if I "intend" meditation on the energy of a given Aeon, and I don't get around to it, that energy is still open in my life. If I start the meditation and it's problematic and I don't finish it, that energy is open with a high turbulence setting in my life. It's possible someone else would "interpret" this as trouble or danger or various stuff, but I've learned what it is, but I mention it because it's possible what some people consider the 'cost' of magick isn't so much as a cost as a simple consequence.

Internally I've been told more than once that my thinking models cost as a loss. In other words I think that if my doing X gives some energy to Y, that I am losing energy. But if you are actually both X and Y, you are not losing energy, you are merely rearranging the furniture of your reality.

RC

• Like 5

Crowley was a serious asthmatic. Back in the day, they prescribed heroin for it, and he became addicted. That had a pretty significant impact on his health. Despite this he set world records for mountaineering that stood for many years and against far more modern equipment.

I'm not expert enough to have much to say about the 'cost' of magick. My involvement in ceremonial magick in an active sense only lasted a couple of years, just over 20 years ago, although I am still an inactive member of an Order.

But in the kind of active-meditions that I do (not passive, not empty-mind) there are a lot of energetic side-effects -- and consequences. For example when I am doing tarot meditations I learned, finally, that if I "intend" meditation on the energy of a given Aeon, and I don't get around to it, that energy is still open in my life. If I start the meditation and it's problematic and I don't finish it, that energy is open with a high turbulence setting in my life. It's possible someone else would "interpret" this as trouble or danger or various stuff, but I've learned what it is, but I mention it because it's possible what some people consider the 'cost' of magick isn't so much as a cost as a simple consequence.

Internally I've been told more than once that my thinking models cost as a loss. In other words I think that if my doing X gives some energy to Y, that I am losing energy. But if you are actually both X and Y, you are not losing energy, you are merely rearranging the furniture of your reality.

RC

Conservation seems fundamental.
  • Like 1

What type of magic you asking? Some cost one way, some cost another way.

Since this whole subsection is about Western Esoteric practices, the magic in question is Western Ceremonial Magic as it was revived in the NIneteenth and Twentieth Centuries, and particularly as practiced in The Hermetic Order of the Golden Dawn and it offshoots, and the popular styles of magical practice derived from it.

Secondary to this is teachings of a quasi-tantric school called the Ordo Templi Orientis which is more of a Twentieth Century phenomena.

Both of these schools have roots that reach back to antiquity and which reached their high points in the Renaissance.  By the time the Western "revival" of esoteric doctrines occurred these roots were not well understood, and what was created by the revival of magic is a mixed bag which reaches its high point in the Golden Dawn, the doctrine and practices of which are of considerable value.

The field of Western magic is a large one, with many aspects, and what I have said above does not and is not intended to do justice to those aspects, but just to answer the question.

ZYD

Edit: Added paragraphs after the first.

• Like 2

I do not know nothing about modern magic.

There are only two types of magic.

Ceremonial magic which are related to the demons or higher intelligence (angles)

Sympathetic magic which works on the occult substance of herbs, gems, images etc.

They only cost to practice is right knowledge and tools which are costly. Side effects can appear from negative backslash of spells/spirits related to our workings - that's it. There is no other cost then our mistakes. Generally magic do not base on our energy, Qi, dan tiens and nothing like that. Magic is always based either on occult sympathy of things or being authoritative in the eyes of spirits. None of qigong, meditation, yoga etc. can affect magic because it's something different.

Edited by SeekerOfHealing

I do not know nothing about modern magic.

There are only two types of magic.

Ceremonial magic which are related to the demons or higher intelligence (angles)

Sympathetic magic which works on the occult substance of herbs, gems, images etc.

They only cost to practice is right knowledge and tools which are costly. Side effects can appear from negative backslash of spells/spirits related to our workings - that's it. There is no other cost then our mistakes. Generally magic do not base on our energy, Qi, dan tiens and nothing like that. Magic is always based either on occult sympathy of things or being authoritative in the eyes of spirits. None of qigong, meditation, yoga etc. can affect magic because it's something different.

Sounds like you are poorly informed. Cheers.  :)

• Like 1

Also I would not classify OTO and Golden Dawn as magic too - they are results of misunderstanding of magic nature and mechanics which are related to our reality. Magic is very hard to practice and pretty dangerous - once you are recognized by spiritual world and you driving there without license all kind of messed up things will appear in your life. To practice magic you need license that other spirits can recognize - otherwise if they see you are fraud acting like you have one then you will be in trouble.

anybody interested in magic should ignore 19-20th century or even some from 18th century books or things related to the topic.

It annoys me when i see a practitioner whom is knowingly disseminating fallacies and littering other people's consciousness with bullshit.....just so he can prop himself up on a fake pedestal of power and knowledge.