Sign in to follow this  
thelerner

We should try this and report our results

568571_v1.jpg
by Stormbehemoth

This might be similar to a practice mentioned in Glenn Morris's Pathnotes book.  In that book, he said that if you stared at yourself in a mirror in a darkened room, with the right state of emptiness your image would disappear.  Years ago, I was able to do it.  This seems a similar kind of practice.

I'm out of town for a few days, but people should try it and report back.

Edited by thelerner
  • Like 1

Yup, candle/mirror gazing. 

It was introduced to me as a way to see the faces of my prior incarnations... (shrug to that).

I can't see having the candle behind your head as your face would too shaded, I just set the candle on the counter and locked eyes with my reflection; then as the shadows oscillate on the face, some truly epic face shifting does occur.

I always found it entertaining, but little more than pareidolia.

My sister and I discovered this putting make-up on via candlelight during a power outage.

Try putting on mascara doing it; the result is not all that becoming. :)

• Like 1

This is a core method of scrying right?

Temple of Astarte style of Goetia / Cerimonial magic (i can't classify that stuff very well sorry) used it with a black mirror for evocation and conversation with demons of the Lemegeton.

The Wizard ("Poke" Rudder or something, i cant remember it right)) had a very elaborate ritual and tools he'd made gimself, and he'd put his medium in front of the black mirror holding two candles, politely asking the demon to appear.

I think the buildup to the actual apparition and conversation was pretty long, involved blessing and walking the pentagram circle with drumming and chanting and scents of incense and lots of other suggestive and trance inducing techniques for quite some time.

Sounds like "use with care - recipe for psychosis" material.

I'd like to remember also that the invocation of angels and similar celestial forces was done with a large crystal ball surrounded by candles and copious amounts of incense. Can't remember if that was part of the Lesser Key also.

The documentary is probably available online, cant remember the title, i'm pretty sure he nicknamed himself "Poke" though.

The filming and editing is pretty bad and he's very pleased with himself all the way but worth watching if you're interested in this kind of stuff.

Sign in to follow this