dawei

Time to Rotate

I appreciate the discussions here. However, when a thread contains bigotry, misogyny and disparaging remarks towards ethnic groups, or women, the rules have been breached. I doubt some here realize the ramifications of inflammatory language and the ensuing problems of such expressions. 

I remember Susan Carlson (Shakti Mama) coming back here from a short hiatus a few years back to defend women's rights. Several persons were making disparaging remarks towards women around the issue of birth control and abortions. The rules were clearly breached by the use of misogynistic remarks and yet no one was banned or even suspended.

If the rules are in place that clearly states that the use of certain language is not welcome here, then such rules must be enforced without bias. Other wise such rules are farcical, especially, if such are enforced in an arbitrary manner, if at all.

Actually I started the thread so do I have owner's permissions... actually no... but yes due to being staff :)

But nobody has reported anything... yet.

I appreciate the point your making.   I can only say this: This area we tend to treat slightly differently because based on announcements, emotions get stirred and there can be a lot of steam to blow off.... and if not here, than somewhere else on the board.   This instead of somewhere else feels more appropriate.    Maybe we need to rename it to Forum and Tech Support and Blowing off Lots of Steam ?

• Like 3

Actually I started the thread so do I have owner's permissions... actually no... but yes due to being staff :)

But nobody has reported anything... yet.

I appreciate the point your making.   I can only say this: This area we tend to treat slightly differently because based on announcements, emotions get stirred and there can be a lot of steam to blow off.... and if not here, than somewhere else on the board.   This instead of somewhere else feels more appropriate.    Maybe we need to rename it to Forum and Tech Support and Blowing off Lots of Steam ?

Given that this thread is very active it seems that these issues would be brought to more persons attention by posting here.

Edited by ralis
  • Like 2

Given that this thread is very active it seems that these issues would be brought to more persons attention by posting here.

True... but I suspect (my feeling) is that folks have gotten used to the idea of how these threads may turn... a few have commented on this.   Like the crazy uncle syndrome... let him do his thing... and move on.

You could report some posts so I can see your point but as you know we act on very few reports in the end...

• Like 1

MS,

I have to say that this comment of yours saddens me very much. I am not surprised that TI would stoop so low that he would post stuff where he would make comments (and try to drawn in) about my daughter based on some email discussion from maybe 8-10 years ago, but I am surprised that you would be supportive of it.

Yes, TI has read endless books, but the fact you see him as spiritually advanced and that I should follow his advice is also very puzzling to me. As you personally and directly know, I can easily demonstrate everything I have said. Additionally, I think it is fair to say that I have always attempted to explain in full detail all of the energetic happenings.

Best,

Jeff

Bad memory Jeff? It was 4 years ago.

It has been Seven years now since I have been practicing 2 hours a day, every day. I supplement my practices with reading.

When you say that you "attempted to explain in full detail all of the energetic happenings." perhaps you could explain to us what exactly you explain to a newbie when you ask them to feel the blonde's breasts and imagine having sexual intercourse with the blonde.

Did you call it "consort practice"? (A highly advanced Buddhist practice which first requires the realization of emptiness)

Edited by Tibetan_Ice

MS,

I have to say that this comment of yours saddens me very much.  I am not surprised that TI would stoop so low that he would post stuff where he would make comments (and try to drawn in) about my daughter based on some email discussion from maybe  8-10 years ago, but I am surprised that you would be supportive of it.

Yes, TI has read endless books, but the fact you see him as spiritually advanced and that I should follow his advice is also very puzzling to me.  As you personally and directly know, I can easily demonstrate everything I have said.  Additionally, I think it is fair to say that I have always attempted to explain in full detail all of the energetic happenings.

Best,

Jeff

Hi Jeff,

Let me clarify that I wasn't specific as to what parts of T_I's posts I agree with, I just said that it does include some valid concerns.

Also, I object to his posting information given to another member for their personal use, not assuming that it would be passed on to T_I, who moreover reproduced it but inaccurately. I hope that the post has been hidden by a mod meanwhile on my request.

Even though I am of necessity treading a narrow line, my purpose here is to discuss the unfair treatment received by Wilfred and me after being critical about the observed ramifications of your work for certain people, and what the implications are for a forum based on spiritual liberalism - not to denigrate you and the people you work with.

When I shared some information with certain individuals, it was meant to help them personally bring into line some experiences. Helping with such is in my nature as a therapist. However, note that I'm no "witch hunter."

I have reason to assume that not least this sharing of information was the reason for my dismissal as staff. At no time did I leak "staff only" intelligence, nor did I get overly emotionally involved or lose my objectivity, as has been implied. It's so ironic...

Best,

Michael

Edited by Michael Sternbach

Hi Jeff,

Let me clarify that I wasn't specific as to what parts of T_I's posts I agree with, I just said that it does include some valid concerns.

Also, I object to his posting information given to another member for their personal use, not assuming that it would be passed on to T_I, who moreover reproduced it but inaccurately. I hope that the post has been hidden by a mod meanwhile on my request.

Even though I am of necessity treading a narrow line, my purpose here is to discuss the unfair treatment received by Wilfred and me after being critical about the observed ramifications of your work for certain people, and what the implications are for a forum based on spiritual liberalism - not to denigrate you and the people you work with.

Best,

Michael

If the information is inaccurate, then perhaps it wasn't about you? Or perhaps you could clarify what happened first hand so we aren't just pushing heresay?

If the information is inaccurate, then perhaps it wasn't about you? Or perhaps you could clarify what happened first hand so we aren't just pushing heresay?

No, I don't want to bring this thread off topic by further going into this. Once again, my purpose is

• to discuss the ungrateful way Wilfred and I were treated after all our vounteer work and, more importantly,
  • where the policy involved here might be taking this board.
Edited by Michael Sternbach

Admin Note:

I realized that the original locking and message could be misinterpreted, and too much read into it.   There is review going on but no one is in present danger of summary execution ;)