Sign in to follow this  
hod

Hindu man claims to be 120 years old

Didn't know if this belonged in the Hindu forum or here, so I just put it here to be safe.

Looking remarkably unlined for his claimed 120 years, an Indian monk who says he is the oldest man to have ever lived puts his longevity down to no sex or spices, and daily yoga.

Hindu monk Swami Sivananda was born on August 8, 1896, according to his passport. If true, his life would have spanned three centuries, but despite his apparent age he remains strong enough to perform yoga for hours at a time.

He is now applying to Guinness World Records to verify his claim. It currently lists Japan's Jiroemon Kimura, who died in June 2013 aged 116 years and 54 days, as the oldest man to have ever lived.

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/indian-oldest-man-ever-says-yoga-celibacy-key-043114879.html

0dfcc16b10eca5670ecb4c0b7f0a3752d57406f4

• Like 1

It would be wonderful if true.

There seems to be a definite link between health and flexibility. A daily routine of yoga or qigong or stretching that stops the body from losing flexibility or gain back some flexibility seems to do wonders for health.

Increased flexibility would also mean increased blood flow and in turn increased qi flow. Daily stretching could prove as valuable as daily qigong/taichi/yoga.

Anyone else's thoughts?

There is something to be said for a good, even if simple, routine to get blood and energy flowing. There are many testimonies about increases in vitality and an overall sense of well-being related to The 5 Tibetan Rites.

• Like 1

Have any of you ever seen the original 'Highlander' movie?  What is this Daoist fascination with living forever?

Your friends and Loved ones all die, you live to see the world get worse. It's gotten way worse since I was a kid, and I'm 64 now.

I've never understood this, why Daoist's want to live to be ancient.

I know that this "Immortal thing" is just another part of Daoism, but really Immortal, means that you NEVER die.

I'm with Connor MacLeod (I may have spelled it wrong....it's supposed to sound like 'McCloud')  'Who Wants To Live Forever'???

This is probably a raw place that I've touched here, sorry about that.

Daoing,  Differently Abled Daoist

"Who DARES to Love Forever?"

P.S. Funny, most Daoist's despise the idea of Life AFTER death, but they want to BE "Immortals".

That's beyond my understanding!

Edited by DifferentlyAbledDaoist

I plan to live forever, so far the plan has worked!

Nomatter how long, the good idea is to keep your youth forever. And that no one can do. Better to die on time.

obviously

If you find that Place of "Forever Young"...............You let me know, OK?     Peace, D.A.D. 

Edited by DifferentlyAbledDaoist

To live forever would meant to be able to acquire knowledge without limits and explore history, places and the human psyche endlessly, how wonderful!

In addition, in a long time-line one would learn and experience true detachment, living without suffering.

Sign in to follow this