Sign in to follow this  
Firedragon

Hi

Hi,

I am a beginner interested in improvement of my energy, mind and personality. I think that Taoist practices will help me with this. I am interested in chi cultivation, shen cultivation, development of the astral body, developing virtues, divination, programming the mind, inner alchemy, and magic.

I am not sure that there is a religion that fits my way of thinking. Physics tell us that the world at the same time is an illusion and has physical rules, and life tells us that karma and reincarnation exist and that the ego is an illusion. And I have passed through Kabbalistic stages. In addition, the illusion that is the Universe must have a Creator, but with mystical experiences, people see deities from their own religions: for example, a Christian sees Jesus, and a Hindu sees Laxmi, so even mystical experience doesn´t give us certainty! There must be a truth about existence, but how to find it? What is this way of thinking? Hermeticism? Hinduism? Judaism?

Bye!

Firedragon

• Like 5

Hello Firedragon, and welcome.

Your membership is approved and we're happy you found your way to us. We look forward to accompanying you on some of the way that you still have to go.

Please take the time to read the two posts pinned at the top of this Welcome page and take a look at the forum terms and rules. This covers all you need to know when getting started.

For the first week you will be restricted to ten posts per day but after that you can post as much as you like. Also, until you’ve posted fifteen times in the forums, you’ll be a “Junior Bum” with somewhat restricted access and will be allowed only two private messages per day.

Good luck in your pursuits and best wishes to you,

Marblehead and the TDB team

Hi Firedragon,

Sounds like you have a lot of questions.  I'm sure you will find some answers here.

You are welcome to jump right in ongoing discussions, revive an older thread, start a new thread of your own, or start a discussion in the "Newcomer Corner" sub-forms to expand on your introduction or ask general questions to help you get started.

May you enjoy your time here.

Marblehead

Hi,

I am a beginner interested in improvement of my energy, mind and personality. I think that Taoist practices will help me with this. I am interested in chi cultivation, shen cultivation, development of the astral body, developing virtues, divination, programming the mind, inner alchemy, and magic.

I am not sure that there is a religion that fits my way of thinking. Physics tell us that the world at the same time is an illusion and has physical rules, and life tells us that karma and reincarnation exist and that the ego is an illusion. And I have passed through Kabbalistic stages. In addition, the illusion that is the Universe must have a Creator, but with mystical experiences, people see deities from their own religions: for example, a Christian sees Jesus, and a Hindu sees Laxmi, so even mystical experience doesn´t give us certainty! There must be a truth about existence, but how to find it? What is this way of thinking? Hermeticism? Hinduism? Judaism?

Bye!

Firedragon

Hi Firedragon,

You are definitely not a beginner... Welcome to the bums. :)

Best,

Jeff

• Like 1

I mentioned Crowley and Carroll and now nobody replies my posts, and I think that I have to clear a possible misunderstanding. Maybe people think "He talks about the most evil man in the world! He must be evil too!"

Crowley wasn´t evil. He wanted people to think that he was evil and accused himself of all kind of crimes that he obviously didn´t commit. Israel Regardie and Alan Bennett obviously thought the same thing about him, because they knew him well and otherwise they wouldn´t have been friends of Crowley.

I don´t practice black magic. What I mean when I say that I believe in karma, is that I have had lots of problems in my life, almost since the day I was born. I had problems with different groups of people and individuals, at different stages in my life and in different countries, and doing different things. Eventually, I realized that it can´t be a coincidence. It must be a punishment for something that I did in a past life. Thus, I don´t do bad things because it is better both for other people and for myself. In addition, many people don´t like me, and the I Ching advises me to improve myself, and I´ll try to become a better person.

If you have had problems with the OTO, the IOT or any other organization, you should know that I am not a member. I am not guilty directly or indirectly of any problem that you may have had. I have read Crowley and Carroll, but I haven´t joined any organization. I tried to join one, but I was rejected and they didn´t tell me why. And until I become more popular I won´t be able to join an organization: there would be more people opposing my joining that in favor of me. I don´t know what do they teach or how do their organizations work. As a result of this, I have some guesses, but I have only read the publicly available information.

I have practiced Liber Resh on my own, developing it as I thought I should, and created problems related to the elements (the problems weren´t to me directly, were to other people), and then I changed the ritual thinking that it would be OK this time, but more problems happened, and now I don´t do any Thelemic practice. I also don´t practice the Goetia, because although it could be used for good purposes such as healing people, solving problems between people, or learning sciences, I have read that it can have a bad effect on the personality and I need an improvement of my personality, and because lots of ceremonial magicians say that the goetic spirits were quite nasty to them. Since I quit Liber Resh, I have done only Kabbalistic and Hindu stuff, and a little Golden Dawn stuff.

I hope that now you have a better idea of who am I and what I do.

Bye!

Firedragon

• Like 1

Hi Firedragon,

Well, keep following your heart (intuition).

I get the same reactions sometimes when I mention I am a Materialist, an Atheist, or a Nietzschean.

Most people except for here don't know what a Daoist is so I don't get the negative energy but they generally step back a step or two.

If you found helpful information from reading someone then that's good, doesn't matter from who it was.

I'm not a Karma guy but I do hold to the concept of "cause and effect".  When something negative happens always look for the cause.  Of course, we should look for the causes of the good things that happen to us in life as well; maybe we can make the good things happen more often.

I mentioned Crowley and Carroll and now nobody replies my posts, and I think that I have to clear a possible misunderstanding. Maybe people think ..

I'm surprised, especially if you posted in the Esoteric and Occult Discussion section- http://www.thedaobums.com/forum/223-esoteric-and-occult-discussion/ .  Its pretty open in there.  No guarantee there aren't skeptics and hecklers, but for the most part, you'll find people open for discussion with pretty open minds. 

• Like 2

Sign in to follow this