Sign in to follow this  
bluesbrother

Namaste

Greetings,

I'm quite glad I found this place.  I was searching the Google machine to see if there were any qigong techniques for keeping mosquitoes away, whilst they bite at my feet at a cafe here in Thamel, Kathmandu, Nepal, and the first site that popped up was this glorious one.

I'm quite new to qigong and the dao.  I stumbled upon them while here in Nepal, where I've been working for the past year.  For the past few years I've been quite into personal development, since I discovered the actual meaning of self help, and it has led me on a more and more spiritual path, especially during my time here.

I've been lightly working on various qigong practices I've found online and in books available here.  I've been searching for the right one to start with, and then I saw how there are thousands of styles, so I'll pick one and stick to it after perusing some of the previous bum postings...

I'd like to combine this practice with yoga, of which I've been practicing a bit more of for the past 6 months, for full power.  That's the plan so far, at least.

Looking forward to talking with all the bums in here!  I brought my empty glass.

• Like 4

Hello bluesbrother, and welcome.

Your membership is approved and we're happy you found your way to us. We look forward to accompanying you on some of the way that you still have to go.

Please take the time to read the two posts pinned at the top of this Welcome page and take a look at the forum terms and rules. This covers all you need to know when getting started.

For the first week you will be restricted to ten posts per day but after that you can post as much as you like. Also, until you’ve posted fifteen times in the forums, you’ll be a “Junior Bum” with somewhat restricted access and will be allowed only two private messages per day.

Good luck in your pursuits and best wishes to you,

Marblehead and the TDB team

Hi bluesbrother,

You don't get much Blues on the radio where you are, do you?  You won't have any problem finding others to talk with.

You are welcome to jump right in ongoing discussions, revive an older thread, start a new thread of your own, or start a discussion in the "Newcomer Corner" sub-forms to expand on your introduction or ask general questions to help you get started.

May you enjoy your time here.

Marblehead

Welcome ! I am sure you'll find a lot of information about qigong here but not too much about mosquitoes. :)

I usually capture and release them outside, but perhaps it is not that easy in Nepal.

Best of qi

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this