Sign in to follow this  
Cookie Monster

Wow, so much scary in just a few lines...

The biohybrid article is stunning in a bad way, the ramifications are ugly and your take on it was similar to my own... "so that is what those folks want to do with their skill and resources... huh."

I've been away from tv so long, I couldn't even abide the cadence of the newscaster relating the 'good' butterfly story.

Any news I get these days has to come by print and that in small doses and multiple sources.  The voices and the trained, hypnotic, big breasted, plaster haired, delivery system of television broadcast news is anathema to me at this time.

• Like 2

I used to have a wasp friend who would visit me every day at lunch for a time one summer.

I had the habit to sit in the same place on the docks and enjoy a turkey sandwich every day.  So this little bugger would come and land on my sandwich, walk around to a good vantage point and then saw off a chunk of the meat that lay outside the bread and fly off with it.  She'd come back a few times each day and for many days in a row.  I'm smiling broadly at the memory.  Thanks.

The news was the first step in my losing my ability to have broadcast television in my life.  I realized it was not educating, enlightening, supporting my path, or seeking to aid me in any way.  It seems little more than a system of profit on fear and misery.

I don't like to hide my head in the sand though.  I do seek out news, I'm just much more selective in what I'll peruse and for how long.  Articles of the nature you posted are still very enticing, if harrowing.  But almost universally, my reaction is still much like yours... I marvel that this is how these incredible talented and skilled people choose to practice their arts...

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this