Sign in to follow this  
Easternmost Frontier

Good Works and Volunteerism

One of my projects for this year was to do more active good in the world. I'm currently working with a community garden and I spend my nights and weekends rebuilding computers for underprivileged kids.

Having read y'all's post, I imagine some of the rest of you are doing similar things. Please tell me about them here.

• Like 1

I'm currently unemployed which is rubbish as you have loads of time and no money. The best thing to do is volunteer during the day as everyone else is at work anyway so it gets you out the flat and away from pesky internet forums ... :)

Monday - work as a receptionist at an organisation that helps find housing for the the homeless.

Tuesday - conservation work at a nature reserve, mainly involves litter picking and keeping the paths free from overgrowth

Wednesday - organising archived files for an organisation that works with drug addicts

Thursday - more conservation work, this time at different location each week, currently removing invasive balsam from riversides

Friday - office work, again organising archived files, but this time with an organisation that works with the disabled.

This is actually all just to stop me from being left to my own thoughts too much - always a dangerous thing ...

• Like 4

Sign in to follow this