Sign in to follow this  
blackstar212

Barclays Premiere League discussion

I am not sure how many football/soccer fans we have in our community but I thought I would start a discussion with the season getting ready to fire up.

After last seasons incredible season with Leicester city winning the title. What are folks predictions for this season?

What team are you a fan of or just the sport in general.

I support the Swansea Swans Hopefully they can top ten this season.

Edited by blackstar212
  • Like 1

The bookies have City as favourites, but because United don't have Champions League I'm putting a tenner on them to win. I'm not a United supporter though, they're just where my money's going

Top 4

1 - United

2 - City

3 - Chelsea

4 - Leicester

So, I reckon no Champions League next year for Arsenal, Liverpool (who are gonna bomb) and Tottenham ... :)

Edited by Miffymog

The bookies have City as favourites, but because United don't have Champions League I'm putting a tenner on them to win. I'm not a United supporter though, they're just where my money's going

Top 4

1 - United

2 - City

3 - Chelsea

4 - Leicester

So, I reckon no Champions League next year for Arsenal, Liverpool (who are gonna bomb) and Tottenham ... :)

I have a hard time imagining the EUFA without Arsenal. Since Swansea does not make the EUFA (at least yet) I do cheer and follow Arsenal in the EUFA.

United might be a nice pick with no pressures of EUFA on them. They have not been quite the same form as a usual United team lately though. It should be an exciting season.

After the excitement of last season, I'm really looking forward to this one too. Also, there're so many teams that could win which only makes it even better !!!

As for Arsenal out of the top four, I know this is unlikely, I was just looking to create a bit of controversy ... :)

• Like 1

After the excitement of last season, I'm really looking forward to this one too. Also, there're so many teams that could win which only makes it even better !!!

As for Arsenal out of the top four, I know this is unlikely, I was just looking to create a bit of controversy ... :)

LOL a little controversy is a good thing. With the teams you listed Arsenal could be out all 4 of those teams are very good.

• Like 1

I think Leicester will do well but sink back to maybe 6th or 7th.

My heart says Spurs to win and Arsenal relegated (ha ha) but I think City will win with United 2nd ... otherwise Liverpool might start to come through.  So in the end:

1.  City

2.  United

3.   Chelsea

4.  Tottington

5.  The Arse./ or L'pool

Edited by Apech

I think Leicester will do well but sink back to maybe 6th or 7th.

My heart says Spurs to win and Arsenal relegated (ha ha) but I think City will win with United 2nd ... otherwise Liverpool might start to come through.  So in the end:

1.  City

2.  United

3.   Chelsea

4.  Tottington

5.  The Arse./ or L'pool

I think the Spurs are the most consistent team on the board. City has the most talent but have underachieved so far. Arsenal needs to improve striking and I think the guys will fight hard for Wenger in his final year of a contract. Chelsea should bounce back.

1.Arsenal

2.Tottenham

3.City

4.United

5.Chelsea

Lots of heart in those picks :)Especially the Arsenal pick

Edited by blackstar212

I think the Spurs are the most consistent team on the board. City has the most talent but have underachieved so far. Arsenal needs to improve striking and I think the guys will fight hard for Wenger in his final year of a contract. Chelsea should bounce back.

1.Arsenal

2.Tottenham

3.City

4.United

5.Chelsea

Lots of heart in those picks :)Especially the Arsenal pick

Brave choice for winner.

Gooooo Citttaayy :ph34r:

I kind of miss out on that. There's no one team that I support and I can't really bring myself to start with one now. I just enjoy following what goes on, but I don't have that passion for an individual club. So, ummm, go everyone!!!

• Like 2

Right, I've done it - I've put £10 on United to win the league. Will Mourinho make me £30 richer when it comes to next May? HE BLOODY BETTER !!!

Edited by Miffymog

Right, I've done it - I've put £10 on United to win the league. Will Mourinho make me £30 richer when it comes to next May? HE BLOODY BETTER !!!

If he does win it will be a special one!

• Like 1

Hull just went went up 2-1 over LC good game so far.60 min in

What, but I thought Hull didn't even have a manager. How on earth do they even know which direction to run in, let alone beat the current champions???

What, but I thought Hull didn't even have a manager. How on earth do they even know which direction to run in, let alone beat the current champions???

Oh my HC defeated LC without their mgr. It was a good first week. Swansea gets 3 on the board which is a nice start. :)

I'm going to stand up for Wenger. Some clubs spend £150 million a year on new signings, but Arsenal less then £50 million and yet his team are more consistently in the top four than any other. And if they get rid of him, which loads of Arsenal supporters want, who do they get instead? The game was good and showed both strengths and weaknesses.

But I reckon there is something about Klopp's halftime speeches that seem to work wonders.

Chelsea to beat West Ham tonight I'm afraid...

City in UCL qualifiying today. this is the yr they break through...

Gooooo cittaaayyyy :ph34r:

• Like 1

I've just spent the last 20 minutes trying to find a radio feed for the match (I don't have the download capacity for tv) - I've got a pirate feed of Radio Manchester and tonight I am Light Blue

Gooooo cittaaayyyy !!!!!!!!!!

Penalty was saved !!!!!!!!!!

I'm going to stand up for Wenger. Some clubs spend £150 million a year on new signings, but Arsenal less then £50 million and yet his team are more consistently in the top four than any other. And if they get rid of him, which loads of Arsenal supporters want, who do they get instead? The game was good and showed both strengths and weaknesses.

But I reckon there is something about Klopp's halftime speeches that seem to work wonders.

Chelsea to beat West Ham tonight I'm afraid...

yes I have great respect for Wenger even tho I'm a Spurs fan.

• Like 1

Swansea goes down again. Arsenal get a much needed win.

Liverpool vs. Tottenham game was on here in the US very physical game but entertaining.

Swansea goes down again. Arsenal get a much needed win.

Liverpool vs. Tottenham game was on here in the US very physical game but entertaining.

It's strange, its' only been three games, but already there seems to be some very clear trends.

Saturday the 10th of September - Guardiola vs Mourinho

Both on 9 points, very interesting. Some people are saying this might just be a 0-0 boring draw, I don't reckon so.

Sunday the 11th of September - Swansea vs Chelsea

What do you think BlackStar, home advantage? ... :) :) :)

Edited by Miffymog

Sign in to follow this