I like this thread, gatito. Thanks!

Yeah I love it too.  Hope your suffering ends soon gatito :)

Hmmmm....

Aren't you one of the "Buddhists" who've been trying to get this thread removed from the Buddhist subforum?

Yes cos it's not Buddhism. But hey you know that.

Edited by Apech

On 8/11/2016 at 2:23 PM, Apech said:

Yeah I love it too.  Hope your suffering ends soon gatito :)

On 8/11/2016 at 4:06 PM, Apech said:

Yes cos it's not Buddhism. But hey you know that.

I guess that you really miss KreepyKaren and the rest of the Psudobuddhist moderators don't you Apech?

9 hours ago, gatito said:

I guess that you really miss KreepyKaren and the rest of the Psudobuddhist moderators don't you Apech?

I think you'll find it's Pseudobuddhist and not Psudobuddhist ... and yes, I liked Karen ... hell, I even liked Jonesboy ... because I'm stupidly well meaning probably :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Apech said:

I think you'll find it's Pseudobuddhist and not Psudobuddhist ... and yes, I liked Karen ... hell, I even liked Jonesboy ... because I'm stupidly well meaning probably :)

Apologies, you are factually correct in this specific instance - it certainly is Pseudobuddhist.

Especially, as the book that some of us were enjoying is firmly rooted in de facto Zen Buddhism combined with vipaśyanā.

Its practices could be of immense value to some, especially in this time of pandemic panic for most of those posting and reading the content here.

Furthermore, its cosmological theory is entirely compatible with that of the theory of Dependent Origination although, in contrast, it's simple and easy both to understand and to integrate.

Who did you both imagine you were to decide whether something is or is not Buddhism?

At the time, the rules of posting here were crystal clear on that matter.

Neither of you had that self-awarded authority and you certainly assisted and supported Karen and her minions in the twisting of this forum into the means of feeding, sustaining and distributing her husband's destructive and abusive cult.

The road to Hell is indeed paved with good intentions - but only if combined with incompetence and/or stupidity.

47 minutes ago, gatito said:

Furthermore, its cosmological theory is entirely compatible with that of the theory of Dependent Origination

... and, upon considered reflection, also entirely consistent with the doctrine of anattā.

Edited by gatito
dyslexia

2 hours ago, gatito said:

Apologies, you are factually correct in this specific instance - it certainly is Pseudobuddhist.

Especially, as the book that some of us were enjoying is firmly rooted in de facto Zen Buddhism combined with vipaśyanā.

Its practices could be of immense value to some, especially in this time of pandemic panic for most of those posting and reading the content here.

Furthermore, its cosmological theory is entirely compatible with that of the theory of Dependent Origination although, in contrast, it's simple and easy both to understand and to integrate.

Who did you both imagine you were to decide whether something is or is not Buddhism?

At the time, the rules of posting here were crystal clear on that matter.

Neither of you had that self-awarded authority and you certainly assisted and supported Karen and her minions in the twisting of this forum into the means of feeding, sustaining and distributing her husband's destructive and abusive cult.

The road to Hell is indeed paved with good intentions - but only if combined with incompetence and/or stupidity.

To be honest I can't remember what it was that I thought was not Buddhism.  Generally I would refer to the four seals of dharma in deciding what is and is not Buddhist.

Expressing an opinion is not authority - just that as this is an open forum I am free to express what I think I would suggest - anything else would be oppressive would it not?

Just now, Apech said:

Expressing an opinion is not authority - just that as this is an open forum I am free to express what I think I would suggest - anything else would be oppressive would it not?

Absolutely, as would seeking to have a topic removed from the Buddhist Forum by reporting it to the resident despot instead of arguing your case with the OP.

Would it not?

7 minutes ago, gatito said:

Absolutely, as would seeking to have a topic removed from the Buddhist Forum by reporting it to the resident despot instead of arguing your case with the OP.

Would it not?

This conversation is in Buddhist Discussion as far as I can tell.

1 minute ago, Apech said:

This conversation is in Buddhist Discussion as far as I can tell.

And it was in fact about Buddhism.

So your backhanded attempt to get it removed was ignorant on at least two major counts.

Was it not?

14 minutes ago, gatito said:

And it was in fact about Buddhism.

So your backhanded attempt to get it removed was ignorant on at least two major counts.

Was it not?

So you are complaining about something that didn't happen?

1 minute ago, Apech said:

I think it's about something you tried to make happen - even though from what I can gather you failed?

I kinda appreciate the more open manner karmic stuff is presently allowed to play out. Too many buried and hidden seeds before.. now things can whither or thrive in the open.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Apech said:

I'm not "complaining", I'm dealing with the issue directly.

You're the backstabbing button-pusher here.

Sadly, for you, there's no longer any backup from your good friend KreepyKaren and her delightful and charming husband, with whom you claim to have so much in common.

I'm certainly not going to argue with that assertion.

Good luck with your search both for buttons and for refuge on another forum!

rotfl.gif

Edited by gatito
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, ilumairen said:

I think it's about something you tried to make happen - even though from what I can gather you failed?

The story of his life by the look of it.

Sign in to follow this