Sign in to follow this  
Veezel

Is praying aligned with Taoism?

I am a Christian, so I pray a lot. I was wondering if the act of praying is consistent with Tao.

Or maybe it's not since praying can be seen as a way of resisting life. Because, well, you're asking for God to change things...

Thanks.

Your last paragraph gave me a chuckle.  Thanks.

There are many different types of Religious Taoists.  If a religion teaches praying then the follower should pray.  No conflict, IMO.

So a direct answer to your question is:  Yes, praying is fine.

The reason for the chuckle:  Aren't you supposed to be praying, giving thanks for what you have instead of asking for change?  Want change?  Sure, pray and ask for the wisdom to make good choices, then, get up off your knees and make your changes.

• Like 1

I think BES hit it well. :)

Also, I think the teachings of Jesus in the gospels are very much aligned with the Tao...

• Like 1

Acceptance and gratitude are always appropriate. And appreciated. At least by me!

• Like 1

I am a Christian, so I pray a lot. I was wondering if the act of praying is consistent with Tao.

Or maybe it's not since praying can be seen as a way of resisting life. Because, well, you're asking for God to change things...

Thanks.

I do not pray. I have tried in the past and nothing answered. I feel the Tao and try to be one with Tao.

Sign in to follow this