Siddharthashoka

Greetings

Namas kar. My purpose in life has been to attempt to find my reason for being alive. I have lived in various places and I have studied various languages and cultures trying to fulfill this objective.

My first major in college was comparative religion and philosophy. During this time, I studied Ancient Greek, Classical Latin and Classical Sanskrit. I also studied Hebrew for one month so that I could learn the writing system. Later, I learned the Arabic writing system when I studied Urdu (the official language of Pakistan) for two years. Later still, I studied both classical and modern Chinese as well as Japanese.

The religions that I have focused on include various forms of Hinduism, Buddhism, Jainism, Sikhism, Zoroastrianism, Islam, Christianity, Daoism, Confucianism, Judaism (including Qabala), Shintoism, various tribal religions and various occult doctrines. I also have studied various forms of so-called Satanism.

I have been a member of various organizations in order to practice various religions and to try to learn the purpose of my existence.

I have lived for 13 years in China, India and Japan. I also have visited the U.K., France, the Netherlands, Pakistan and Sri Lanka (Ceylon).

I lived nine months with the Navajo Nation in Arizona, USA and a year on Guam, USA.

Other explorations have taken me to various locations in Canada, 37 of the states of the USA (including Hawaii) and a few trips to Mexico.

My time with Muslims in the actual Middle East has been limited. However, I did meet many Muslims when I went to India as well as to Pakistan. My time with other Muslims has been limited. However, I have read the Koran twice in English and I have made airplane stops in Istanbul (Turkey), Kabul (Afghanistan), Dubai, the UAE and in Kuwait.

I hope that I will be able to make useful and valuable contacts with various members of this organization.

Thank you.

• Like 5

Hello Siddharthashoka, and welcome.

Your membership is approved and we're happy you found your way to us. We look forward to accompanying you on some of the way that you still have to go.

Please take the time to read the two posts pinned at the top of this Welcome page and take a look at the forum terms and rules. This covers all you need to know when getting started.

For the first week you will be restricted to ten posts per day but after that you can post as much as you like. Also, until you’ve posted fifteen times in the forums, you’ll be a “Junior Bum” with somewhat restricted access and will be allowed only two private messages per day.

Good luck in your pursuits and best wishes to you,

Marblehead and the TDB team

Hi Siddharthashoka,

I would suggest that the only reason (purpose) for being alive is to express life.  But, if you can easily imagine I'm sure yo could find many other good reasons.

Sounds like you have been around the circle a few times.  I loved the traveling when I was in the Army.

You are welcome to jump right in ongoing discussions, revive an older thread, start a new thread of your own, or start a discussion in the "Newcomer Corner" sub-forms to expand on your introduction or ask general questions to help you get started.

May you enjoy your time here.

Marblehead

• Like 1