Sign in to follow this  
mindtooloud

Shower

Watch all that chlorine in the water while taking shower. Or any other city water activity. Not sure how it is managed in your part of the world but here it is like World War I chlorine attack when I take shower. Not even talking about municipal pools.

Watch all that chlorine in the water while taking shower. Or any other city water activity. Not sure how it is managed in your part of the world but here it is like World War I chlorine attack when I take shower. Not even talking about municipal pools.

What effect does choorine have on one self?

Hi MTL.

I used to take oce cold for few months bout 8 months ago, to save money basically lol, now I take very warm shower and finish with a cold shot. Works well.

depends on time of year and whether or not its a cleaning, or rehabilitatory application

winter, very hot

summer,  alternate hot and cold, finish with cold

If the purpose is "getting clean" then the best temperature to start with is right about body temperature -- you don't want the skin to react to a temperature change by opening or closing pores. If grease is an issue (or something similar), switching to hot water for a few minutes may be appropriate.

• Like 1

Winter 

If it s about what I prefer it is a 'fire bath ' .    Wonderful !   I have one out in the garden with some big bird's nest ferns and big turpentine trees  around it . Lying back at night looking up through the steam up through the towering tree trunks and canopy to the stars - wonderful.  (  I   shower and scrub first , Japanese style ) .

It does something a normal bath does not do, it sort of cooks you, in a normal bath it looses heat as soon as the hot water goes off, in a fire bath it is always putting heat in .  LIke you are slowly  cooking   -  sometimes I  feel like adding onion carrot and a bay leaf . 

The other ingredient is the water  - river water , and it is a pretty clean river, and also we have a Grander water filter system.  Man, when we got that you could really tell the difference, felt amazing after a shower , and a bath in that water is ..... ziiing !

10314742774_528ea7a49e_b.jpg

Summer

Jump in the river 

blue-gum-glennifer-water-hole.jpg

and a but further upstream at the rope swing pool   ......  it usually goes better than this     ( love the 'ninja bit' at the end   :D  ) ...

...that voice sounds familiar  ......  ex-wife's idiot son  ???    I have seen him there being a dickhead on that swing before   :D

anyway , the shower ,  MTL ;    try this ;

http://www.grander.com.au/

I am a skeptical person, didnt beleve their hype. I said "Put your money where your mouth is." and they organised a 3 year money back if not satisfied 'trial' .    I got labs to test the water ....  toxic levels   (e coli and stuff) went  down , till eventually  0 .  I have no idea how it can work , but ...   < shrug >   (I would also recommend a particle / chemical filter as well ), the idea is it brings water 'back to life'  .... dunno  ?    :unsure:  .... but it sure felt amazing after showering in it ! 

Edited by Nungali
  • Like 2

If you feel like you are invaded with other people's energy or cluttered and stuffed - take a hot shower, clean up and then take a solid long very cold ending - not a shot - cold until you do not resist it.

Sign in to follow this