Early this morning, while walking next to my beloved Brazilian Trumpet tree and holding the Heaven Palm I had another vision of one of the hell realms. In a flash, I saw a huge dome filled with molten lava and blazing fire with numerous beings at the bottom howling and lamenting themselves. It was located deep below the Earth's surface. Luckily this vision didn't last very long as they are very unpleasant and the suffering is beyond the wildest of dreams.

I wish the jhanas were taught at school so children from an early age would have a good idea that planet Earth is not the only world that hosts life. What we call reality and reality itself has many levels and universes but all sharing an identical cosmological structure: heaven-human-earth. The hell realms are below the Yin but characterised by either extreme yin or extreme yang. I don't have experience with the yin hell realms as mapped by the Theravada or the Tibetan Buddhist traditions.

On one occasion while quietly meditating on the balcony and during the early am hours I projected to another hell realm, this time I saw myself in a large cell with a big metal cauldron in the middle vomiting fire and hot gas and with a hell being tied up with chains screaming like an animal and asking to be set free. Then another large being popped in, some kind of executioner holding a large whip made of metal instead of rope and with numerous spikes incrusted on it aimed at inflicting the most intense pain. Well, not long the executioner told the being being tortured:

"You and I will spend here a very long time making sure you pay for all the pain you caused to others and for all your sins."

Hellions are automatically reborn there unlike humans and animals which require the mother's womb. Same as in the heaven planes of bliss, beings are automatically reborn there as adults and don't have sexual organs like humans do. Ghosts are also reborn in their realm but without a solid physical matter. In Hell, there is an absolute lack of sensual pleasure and a neverending feeling of extreme pain. There are no breaks. It is a CONSTANT AND INDESCRIBABLE SUFFERING WHILE BEING TORMENTED BY OTHER BEINGS who are assigned to do that; but in other hell realms the suffering is even worse because they are submerged in fire and molten lava instead of being confined to cells where they are tortured and dismembered, their skin, flesh, muscles, bones being torn apart into pieces and then trown into a basket or some sort of container. But they quickly regain the former physical state so that the torturing starts all over again.

I still don't know how exactly someone is reborn as an executioner in hell. It's plain bizarre. Not all hell planes have these sort of beings. There are worse levels than this one, like the one in which hellions are submerged in constant fire and molten lava screaming as if they were constantly tortured and torn apart by wild animals. The level of fear, pain and despair they experience is beyond belief. The fist time I had a vision of that place and I ended up crying while meditating...it was possibly a vision from a former lifetime.

In another instance, I was hovering over the molten lava and I saw a hellion reaching out, asking for help and then more of them popped up and reached out begging to get out. I saw their blackened faces with eyes filled in blood, due to the constant exposure to intense heat, as if they living inside a volcano. But right before I returned to my physical body, I briefly saw an angel holding a sword covered in flames and standing high up on top of a rocky outcrop. I knew he was one hell guardian. Some types of devas have the ability to travel across realms, They are usually winged and I think they are the ones referenced in the Bible and directly work for the God who created that particular universe, Brahma in ours, a god wearing a very long white beard and and dressed up in some sort of white silky gown. He has command over a legion of winged angels who carry his will to the world he has created.

That being that was been beaten with a whip by the big robust executioner ended up torn into pieces, thrown into the corner of the cell and then he returned back to his original shape. Then the executioner yelled at him: I will be seeing you soon, we have a lot of business to do. Who is next! I left the cell and returned to my normal meditation state.

I hope all those humans who commit crimes against other humans were able to have a vision of the hell planes...only for an instant. They quickly would stop their corruption and deceiving of others for pure profit or the ones commiting violent crimes like the beheading of journalists in the name of Allah. Little they know that for their actions there is no Heaven but a Hell waiting for them and the stay is very, very long, a lot longer than the average of 70-80 year human lifespan.

All we know is that hell is the only astral plane where very bad karma can be purged...unfortunately. Being reborn as a human in a third world slum, with a disability or a a lifelong crippling disease is nothing compared to be reborn in hell. :(

What the spirit experiences during his eternal travel to the Tao: many life forms, many realities. but they are all a product of the mind itself. Ultimately reality is devoid of any substance or form. The task of finding out where the mind is and what the mind really is is colossal. We are indeed complex beings...as reality itself! Complexity in simplicity and vice versa. Yin (the essence of all things) and Yang (the manifestation of that essence) and the realm beyond this duality, the end of suffering and the spirit-journey itself.

Thanks for reading this.

Happy practice. :)

• Like 5

So, so you think you can tell Heaven from Hell,
blue skies from pain.
Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail?
A smile from a veil?
Do you think you can tell?
And did they get you to trade your heroes for ghosts?
Hot ashes for trees?
Hot air for a cool breeze?
Cold comfort for change?
And did you exchange a walk on part in the war for a lead role in a cage?

How I wish, how I wish you were here.
We're just two lost souls swimming in a fish bowl, year after year,
Running over the same old ground.
What have you found? The same old fears.
Wish you were here.

• Like 5

it is important to remember that holy beings can instantly reach a soul in distress and lift them out of or stop the hell realm beings attacks or bindings... Jesus the Christ and other master souls have such power!

Edited by 3bob

All are projections based on perceptions, experiences, and actions in this world right now.

If believed, they will persist as supposed experiences.

-VonKrankenhaus

• Like 2

I'd put it as all are realms of the mind,  and relatively real in time and space for any being that is in and dealing with relative time and space along with dharmas, karma, evolution, etc..  

• Like 1

Hi Gerard,

Once I was wandering through a library and I was atracted to the Buddhism stand and randomly picked a book. It was a book about Bardo or other Tibetan meditation experience written by a famous lama, I don't remember his name all I know is just as famous as Dalai Lama. Anyway I opened the book and saw a chapter about Bardo. The paragraph I was reading was saying that:

"What people experience as Bardo during and after death moments is actually their own energy. If you have Fire inside your body, your bardo experience will be that you are misted by fire, If you have Wind, then your bardo wexperience will be a tornado wind, if You have Water then your bardo experience will be a flood of water, if you have Earth then your bardo experience will be a lone dessert."

I had a revelation when I read the paragraph. For a moment I was thinking to buy the book , but then I realized that this is all I needed to know. It blew my mind and totally changed my whole beliefs system that I had previously. I put back the book and left but the idea from that paragraph followed me everywhere I went and anything I did. Until then I was believeing in Astral realms, in Heaven and Hell and all that, but since I read this I started to doubt. I tryed to find any reason that this is real, but the more spiritual experiences, dreams and visions I had and the more I heard from other people their experiences I reached the conclusion is all in our minds.

These are just projections of our own body energy that triggeres images in our brains. It took me a while to understand where they are coming from. Nowadays I believe that information is carried forward in this Universe through two pathways. One is DNA, this is how life is propagating, thriving and evolving. The other one is through art and culture. We as human beings we inherit the information through these two pathways, the DNA that fomes from our ancestors through the tree of life branches of evolution and through the culture we (our ancestors) left behind.

Now I understand Jesus' words: "The kingdom of Heaven is within you, (amidst you)"

He was actually saying the Hell realms also are within us, within our minds and all we have to do is to create and take care of our own kingdoms which are our bodies and minds.

These Hell realms are actually the fears we accumulate in our multitude of lives, recorded and carried forward through our DNA and cultures. If you look back into human history all you see is war, crimes, tortures, rapes, arson, natural disasters which by irony are called acts of God. They are all just fears accumulated in billions of years in what we call "reptilian brain" but I bet they are much deeper than that, they are actually in the DNA and we all have them. And I bet, in meditation this is what you see, what you uncover it is what Jung was calling the "collective subconscious mind". This what I believe now, we all have 99% fears stored in our DNA and culture, and very little love, maybe 1 %. Religion as a cultural expression is propagating the same way, not through love but through fear. And that is because that resonates with people's own feelings which mostly are fears.

So to conclude, I believe what you described here are your own energy and subconscious mind, is so to speak your own inner kingdom. I think is your body is trying to tell you something and the only way it can do is to give you the energy that combined with the images from your mind aquired in your lifetime creates these movie like scenarios. And I am sure the message is intended only for you, for anybody else has no relevance.

Edited by Andrei
  • Like 3

I think its important to die within a sense of peace. 

I'm glad I wasn't raised in household that believes in hell.  Morals/Golden Rule yes, hell.. no.   I still think of it as an old nasty system for controlling minds, young and old.  Could be wrong, perhaps I'll see.

• Like 5

realms are actually at various frequencies/dimensions, thus the earth realm along with  our physical bodies that dwell upon it are just a small part of the totality of frequencies and dimensions... take a physical brick and smash something in physical form and then say or imply it is only a mental type of image or projection and the results would say you're nuts - it's no different in other realms where the particular laws related to same apply, just as certain laws apply to the physical world.  Further the soul can experience or be in realms a-z which means such are not just make believe mental projections! 

Edited by 3bob
  • Like 3

and here I was thinking I escaped cop-outs, (from possibilities)

by the way, in well known and regarded Buddhist doctrine the historic Buddha mentions many beings at different frequencies (so to speak) which he saw plain as day while many of his followers were blind to them - for instance Ananda. who was often right at his side. 

Edited by 3bob
  • Like 2

Thank you very much dear friends for sharing your views! :)

Andrei, of course nothing is real...but how real is the world we all currently share right now? How different is it

from a dream or any other mental state you may perceive? The answer is the same in all

instances, they are all a product of our own minds.

But two things must be taken into account and these cannot be refuted:

1. There is an undeniable link between the 'spirit-essence/mind' and what it projects from a karmic perspective: our human

experience here now. It well could be a deva, animal or hell being in the next life cycle according to ones instinct and karmic force. Doing good equals to good rebirth, doing bad equals a bad rebirth. The consequence does not need to be immediate since karma often (and usually does) behaves in a non-linear manner. For example: you open the newspaper and read about this wonderful young university student loved by everyone and all of a sudden she is kidnapped by the typical psycho who decides to rape her before mutilating her body and burying her in the middle of nowhere.

I'm not making this up. I just watched this on the local news last year. You may have come across similar news in your country of residence.

This is just plain bad karma striking suddenly people with apparently normal and peaceful lives.

2. A reminder that life is so fleeting and impermanent that is no point paying too much attention to it, instead one should fully focus on removing the main causes of rebirth at the same time as removing all existing karma from one's mind-body. Virtue becomes more and more apparent during this process to the point that one becomes horrified with any immoral

acts even the most innocent ones like those 'little lies.' You have gone a long way in your spirit journey that making stupid mistakes is out if question.

Nungali, Catholicism is just a name. All religions and spiritual practices are basically the same since they share identical

principles especially when it comes to living a virtuous life. Only Taoism deviates from the rest as it heavily relies on an exhaustive and comprehensive analysis of natural laws, something that is missing from the former. Why is the case? The nature of China itself and it's geographical location and it's relationship to the 5 Elements structure of planet Earth. They are a blessed country in that regard. Anyway, I'm going off the tangent, sorry.

Yes those hell planes are as real as Samsara itself...imaginary as you will ever get...but make sure your practice is filled with a strong moral perspective because rebirth in hell ain't fun at all! ;)

• Like 1

Gerard-

Im not sure what youre getting at with that story about the young lady-It almost reads as though youre saying that somehow it was her karma which you believe caused that particular horrific incident? Am I reading that correctly? Its late and Im tired so I admit I could be reading it wrong.

I struggle with the moral universe concept. The idea that the consequences of an action you committed in a previous life will come to fruition in a future life seems like bullshit to me; as dose  the proposal that the universe some how rewards good actions and punishes bad actions. And what I struggle with even more than all of  the above is when people talk about their private spiritual insights and use it as grounds for generalizing about ontological experience. 

Thats not to deny that there are other planes of existence but it is way beyond my knowledge bank to start generalizing and proposing simple linear models based on visions I have had through altered states. When you look at the descriptions of hell -particularly the part about a Hell Boss with a giant whip who's sole role  is to torture beings- it makes me  wonder at the critical thinking faculties of people suggestion that it is a valid insight; and that maybe they are addicted to a model of reality where the moral account book is evenly balance out because the alternative model, where chaos and impartiality reign, is actually more terrifying than any hell realm.

• Like 3

Go placidly amid the noise and the haste, and remember what peace there may be in silence. As far as possible, without surrender, be on good terms with all persons.

Speak your truth quietly and clearly; and listen to others, even to the dull and the ignorant; they too have their story.

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. If you compare yourself with others, you may become vain or bitter, for always there will be greater and lesser persons than yourself.

Enjoy your achievements as well as your plans. Keep interested in your own career, however humble; it is a real possession in the changing fortunes of time.

Exercise caution in your business affairs, for the world is full of trickery. But let this not blind you to what virtue there is; many persons strive for high ideals, and everywhere life is full of heroism.

Be yourself. Especially, do not feign affection. Neither be cynical about love; for in the face of all aridity and disenchantment it is as perennial as the grass.

Take kindly the counsel of the years, gracefully surrendering the things of youth.

Nurture strength of spirit to shield you in sudden misfortune. But do not distress yourself with dark imaginings. Many fears are born of fatigue and loneliness.

Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe no less than the trees and the stars; you have a right to be here.

And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should. Therefore be at peace with God, whatever you conceive Him to be.

And whatever your labors and aspirations, in the noisy confusion of life, keep peace in your soul. With all its sham, drudgery and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be cheerful. Strive to be happy.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Desiderata

• Like 2

"Andrei, of course nothing is real...but how real is the world we all currently share right now? How different is it

from a dream or any other mental state you may perceive? The answer is the same in all

instances, they are all a product of our own minds."

I am not saying nothing is real, I am saying everything is real as you perceive it but there is difference between reality and dream.

I was a dreamer all my life and I struggled with this, I tried to figure it out what is more real? The dream life or real life? The difference is that the reality is stable while the dream is unstable. The reality will be here the same now as it will be in one million years (it will not be quite the same it will change too, but still more stable than your inner world). It is a matter of time scale. By the way time is a measure of change and reality changes but very slow, while the dreams change very quickly and without any logic or a different logic than the outside reality. By the outside reality I understand a consensual reality of all the minds outhere in the universe. You can have your own mind with your own reality but it won't take you far unless you contact other realities and create consensus with them. This is how it works, people with different realities create a consensual world to live in it as a larger reality than their own mind. To me this reality is just like a computer game, it has its own rules and limits and we are trying to figure it out hiw this game works.

Now what logic means? We are trying to make correlations in our minds between events. This is the "cause effect" relationship or karma as it is called that we are trying to understand how it works. To be honest I wish to believe in karma and reincarnation-rebirth but I started to have doubts about that and now I am building a case against it just to see if I can prove it.

The story of the girl in the paper is just a random event that happens to everybody. I mean not everybody is raped and killed but randomness occurs in everybody's life and we try to make sense, we try to find logical explanations, what are the causes and effects to avoid such occurrences. These random events appear in certain instances with greater probabilities than others so there are for sure causes and effects but not necessarily the ones that are obvious. You may say it is obvious that girl "deserved" to experience that because it is an effect of her previous behaviour that produced the causes that lead to the effect but even so I don't see here any "previous life or incarnation". So I don't accept easily anymore this theory.

Most of the time we are accepting an easy explanation and many of those are inherited culturally. These are the "superstitions" that are propagated in popular culture. But I am not sure I believe anymore in karma and reincarnation. To make karma to function you need some kind of medium to record the behaviour, the good and bad deeds, right? So for this purpose there is the "soul" that records this, a separate entity form the body that survives the death of the body and preserves the mind. This is the belief that I challenge, again I wish to believe in that but I have doubts. What I observe is that the information is carried forward only through these two paths the DNA in all living matter (the genes) and the culture that is inherited outside the genes.

• Like 1

The hell I've been taken to for a visit by the Mother of the Universe is cold and wet, which come to think of it is consistent with the taoist and shamanic rather than Christian, Hindu or Buddhist paradigms that don't concern themselves with yin-yang dynamics.  The hells of Indo-European traditions are as extreme-yang as their overall developments and preferences.  The hell of taoism is yin but not extreme yin, just the amount of yin that balances out the preponderance of yang in the current civilized world of the living.  So no one is going to escape it who was born into a civilized world and lived a yang-skewed life here -- because it has to be balanced, and if we fail to do it on earth, yin-skewed hell is what does the job.  Nothing personal. 

Thank you, Universal Mother, for showing and teaching, though it was extremely excruciating to experience an educational visit there.  Being a taoist, even though I forgot all about it in hell, I instinctively resorted to the taoist solution to the problems it presented, i.e. I counteracted it with the opposite energy, drumming up as much yang force against the numbing freezing immobilizing demons of hell as I could, and fighting like hell.  

Unforgettable.     

Edited by Taomeow
  • Like 6

Im not sure what youre getting at with that story about the young lady-It almost reads as though youre saying that somehow it was her karma which you believe caused that particular horrific incident?

Hi,

Of courseit was her karma...like in so many other cases. We all carry a karmic body that must be dissolved if one is walking this path as the main goal in life.

I still remember this incident that happened where I live here in Australia:

Ultramarathon bushfire victim and former model Turia Pitt agrees settlement for horrific burns to 64 per cent of her body

Event that happened while she was running an ultramarathon event.

And no more comments on my behalf; the last thing I want to do is make one and offend anyone especially people close to her, we are in a public forum and things may easily 'go viral' for strange reasons. It's not my intention. My deepest love goes to Turia Pitt. :)

Karma's modus operandi: when you least expect it.

themiddleway

It's how the Universal Yin and Yang balances itself. Like a massive and micro judge that keeps eveything in balace. Action = reaction. A molecule and the entire reality is ruled by these universal forces which all spring from the Great Spirit. :)

b5c0bd498823152.jpg

I saw what I saw, like many other practitioners, and like all those things they come and go. The most important aspect of practice is not jhanas, which are only fruits of correct practice, but removing the conditions that cause and maintain rebirth...and the main culprits are:

1. Greed

2. Lust

3. Attachment to form

4. Anger

5. Delusion

The we have ego, conceit, pride, selfishness, arrogance, etc...usually the ego is the main cause of these minor imperfections. Remove the ego and they all go boom!

Andrei,

Reality and dreams are not different from one another, the first happens in the yang, the second in the yin and both are mind created. :)

The mind creates everything inlcuding the delusion that something you see or perceive as being the ultimate reality. Now this is pretty much the stuff that one comes across right before enligthenment so any discussions are really moot point. Chop wood, carry water - enlightenment (the magic happens) - chop wood, carry water..and who really cares, it's your journey and the fruit of hard work and dedication to this path, which started so many lifetimes ago. Budhist monk twice, Carmelite nun once, cave yogi once, Indian guru once, Chinese hermit once...and so on until you finish your homework. Lucky us we can dedicate our efforts to this noble path, look at the rest of humans and really feel compassion and love for them because of their unawakened state, they know nothing better and they suffer (some in more degree than others depending on their karma). So here we are lucky humans that are aware of the 'big picture', meditate, practice Internal Arts and perfect our minds little by little, every day aiming to go higher.

This is one of the biggest dangers of spiritual cultivation: intellectualisation. You need to experience them in order to make sure what you belief is 100% correct or else you might be wrong. Remember the story of Miroslav, a Buddhist monk depicted in the book <i>Beyond the Mysterious Gate</i>? I uploaded some pages in the Bagua thread. Well, that monk meditated for 15 years before realising that his meditations were all wrong! Please read it, a very interesting story.

And no my friend, rebirth and karma are very real, they are just a fact of how reality works. :)

Yes, EVERYTHING is within us, we care miniature Universes. :) Miniature Samsaras. Heaven (yang) - Humanity (yin and yang) - Earth (yin) within us. Hell will fall within the Earth category but below it, as either extreme Yin (rebirth in a very cold hell) or extreme Yang (fire hells). You are your own judge and executioner of your own moral behaviour. You reap what you sow: You do good you pick up good, you sow evil and evil will fall upon you. :)

Taomeow

Yes, this is one flaw of Buddhist doctrine as a efficient holistic method. It's brilliant if your body-mind is mostly clear from the ravages of society. But it should's ignore the Yin and Yang dynamics...but in fact many practicising Buddhists follow their rules to the letter, don't worry about it. Especially the Chan sect! They just don't talk about it. In Taiwan they all follow Taoist practices and Chinese Medicine for healing. :)

The Buddha was only concerned about the cause of suffering, the rest was unimportant. Please dear friend, be more understanding and respectul of what this great ascetic attained and all by himself with no support or whatsoever, leaving eveything behind and living a life of wandering. Also his world, our dear planet so damaged due to human superpopulation, pollution, global warming, excessive industrialisation, blocking most of Earth's lay lines (the Panama Canal is a sheer mess and has blocked the Yin energy running from the Amazon! Which is the Liver of our planet :( ); nuclear weapons testing in the atmosphere, in the sea, under the sea, underground, massive scale mining, global wars...Lord Buddha lived in a semi-Heaven compared to our modern world. Yin and Yang were the last of his worries, he was like an ancient Columbus, strongly determined to find the 'New World' (the cause of human suffering). Imagine back then how blocked his mind was, I can guarantee you he was able to sit for 3 days straight in one sitting in his very first day of practice. So, why would you worry about the Yin and Yang when your mind is so pure?

Thanks all for contributing to this informal thread.

Most of all, a very happy and mindful practice! :)

Edited by Gerard
  • Like 1

Yin hells, Yang hells and the Mother or Great Spirit (depending on your gender) balancing everything  out in a wonderful 'just so' story. Its edifying to know that all the victims of war, poverty,  paedophilia and other miseries humans have seen fit to inflict on each other are nothing more than cosmic manifestation of a reality that is morally self regulating. Its that simple. 

• Like 2

Gerard-So you are basically saying that the girl was raped and mutilated because she "had it coming" from another lifetime. Got it. Sounds to me like another screwy belief system wrapped up in flowery prose to make it all sound all... "spiritual" and stuff.

Think its best If I bow out of this thread now.

Edited by bax44
  • Like 1

It's two entirely different things -- to believe in karma and to withhold compassion on the basis of this belief. 

Some (not all) taoist schools believe in karma too, but this belief is very secondary to everyday reactions and interactions.  People who intellectualize someone's misfortune instead of feeling are considered numb -- bu ren. 

• Like 8

.Seems to me that believing in karma is kind of an excuse to be a victim.

Like "oh all these bad things are in my life, guess its my karma".

Like most belief systems I can easily see it ensnaring someone and making them feel even more helpless and powerless.

I guess it goes the other way, too. If a few good things happen, now Ive convinced myself that my karma is to have all these things happen, therefore it can help my mindset. At the end of the day to me its just another paradigm to acknowledge that people believe in but is of no real use in reality. It also means very little to me that people in sri lanka or wherever all believe their misfortunes are tied to this word. Many groups, cults, etc believe in a million fantasies based on man made words.

I do have  a real issue with someone looking at someone elses misfortune and proclaiming that that person somehow had it coming from indiscretions in another life. Something about it strikes me as arrogant.  I don't need to believe in karma to have compassion or empathy for that person either. Just based on the fact that they are a fellow human going through pain can sometimes evoke compassion or whatever . But then again humans burned each other for being "witches" so nothing really surprises me.

edit... I shouldn't say I have a "real issue" with it(or Gerard for that matter), mostly just trying to understand where this line of thinking comes from. It honestly seems very bizarre. I can understand "karma" in the sense of trying to change ones habits or transcend ones own proclivities that holds them back, but when we start speaking of other lives etc...I get the snake oil vibe. And since Gerard says in his OP that the hell realms are "as real as the real world"..well, I would really like to understand that. We are told from a young age that we need to feel guilty about things we have very little control over(religion,etc) .. Now Im supposed to feel I need to make up for something I may have done..in another life? hahah.Sometimes I am glad I haven't read most of the ancient texts or whatever where these things seem to be taken on blind faith. A lot of People seem to have an all or nothing arrangement with them as opposed to taking the sensible parts and using them and burning the rest.

Edited by bax44
  • Like 1

Ok can we get some names of people who are now in hell please? I'll kick it off with two obvious candidates.

Hitler comes to mind straight away and..

Jimmy Saivelle. 

The above belong together in the lowest of low hells. 

So based on our self regulating moral universe model the above candidates are currently being tortured in a very (hopefully) Yang Hell because the All, the Tao, the Primordial Unconditioned Awareness  which is generally described by mystics as  being very elusive, undefinable, love infused  and beyond causality also happens to conveniently operate a very precise cosmic justice system which includes torture.  Great! 

But how dose this work I hear you ask? 

Well what happens is that at death the the above candidates take rebirth in a hell that is directly proportionate to their crimes on Earth. Jimmy Saivelle  ,who molested and ruined the lives of countless children, his evil mind stream, soul, heart shen, whatever. ?? you choose,  is now as we speak having a hot iron rod inserted up his rectum and having his insides burnt out because the undefinable cosmic Insight actually cares about child molestation. 

I'm sorry if the above is a bit vulgar but I find people peddling their stupid theories about cosmic justice  (with out even offering a tiny bit of critical balancing)  even more offensive; especially given the complete lack of observational evidence for it. 

Budhist monk twice, Carmelite nun once, cave yogi once, Indian guru once, Chinese hermit once...and so on until you finish your homework.

Hm, no, I don't believe in this. I don't believe that the purpose of life and nature is to reach "enlightenment". I don't want to offend anybody with my opinions, and most of the time I keep my mouth shut because I don't agree with the majority of ideas perpetrated on this forum, but my opinion is that all monks of the world have visions/dreams of their own repressed sexual energy. It is just Kundalini that rise to the brain and generate images just like any other psychedelic substance. Life is sex, sex is everything. Yin-Yang is sex. Everything is dual, everything is polar, this is the fundamental idea of Dao De Jing. Light and dark come together. Pleasure and pain come together. Good and bad come together. Happiness and suffering come together. You wouldn't be able to tell the difference without contrast. The more contrast the more duality. If you focus on one side, only on Yang, only on Light, only on the effort of reaching "enlightement" there is always the other side that builds up somewhere underneath. 

Edited by Andrei