Jah2075

Methods to dissolve emotional blockages

Hi all...

I'm looking for ways to dissolve emotional blockages via qigong, rather than meditation.

Can anyone recommend a style of qigong that can effectively do this?

You could try Damo Mitchell's Four Dragons - he claims this form will expel emotional pathogens. Also any taiji can help. The problem with taiji is that you'll have to first invest a lot of time to just learn basic movements and get sense of a form. Because the fun stuff starts only after that.

• Like 2

Hi all...

I'm looking for ways to dissolve emotional blockages via qigong, rather than meditation.

Can anyone recommend a style of qigong that can effectively do this?

I am familiar with Shaolin Fohan Qi Gong and it definitely helps to dissolve blocking patterns of all types.

In general - simply bring to mind the blockages or blocking patterns at the start of your Qi Gong practice - have the intention of letting it go and then go about your practice.

This requires zero effort - not a strong intention.

Once you bring the pattern to mind it is already present and vivified to some extent. Qi Gong naturally dissolves un-natural patterns and imbalances. If you have a pattern of anger or extreme judgement - bring this to mind and then go about your practice - no need to pay any attention to it or will it to be held up for destruction - simply breath into the LDT throughout all the postures and the Qi Gong will ebb away at these patterns.

I believe most well found Qi Gong practices do this.

Edited by Spotless
  • Like 8

Bruce Frantzis Opening the energy gates also works with this, but if you have emotional issues you might have more use of a simple moving set, since emotions are motivational ques for movements/action.

• Like 2

You could try Damo Mitchell's Four Dragons - he claims this form will expel emotional pathogens. Also any taiji can help. The problem with taiji is that you'll have to first invest a lot of time to just learn basic movements and get sense of a form. Because the fun stuff starts only after that.

His Sung Breathing method in his book Daoist Nei Gong also works to dissolve emotional blockages and tension:

• Like 2

I am familiar with Shaolin Fohan Qi Gong and it definitely helps to dissolve blocking patterns of all types.

In general - simply bring to mind the blockages or blocking patterns at the start of your Qi Gong practice - have the intention of letting it go and then go about your practice.

Once you bring the pattern to mind it is already present and vivified to some extent. Qi Gong naturally dissolves un-natural patterns and imbalances. If you have a pattern of anger or extreme judgement - bring this to mind and then go about your practice - no need to pay any attention to it or will it to be held up for destruction - simply breath into the LDT throughout all the postures and the Qi Gong will ebb away at these patterns.

Spotless, thank you for this!  Very helpful!

• Like 3

This is also true of Real Yoga:

In Real Yoga meditation plays by far the prominent role - postures and breathing help to break up blocking patterns that have been vivified during meditation - not by imagining them or seeing them during meditation necessarily - but simply that in the various refinements that take place during meditation, hindering patterns - fears - dissipate or reach a breaking point. The movements / postures help to bring the body along in this process - manipulating the contortions of this change for a more smooth transition to an open freer state.

Qi Gong brings energy into the LDT which energizes the entire space including hindering patterns - it is the dissolving of these patterns and the enlivening of natural patterns that is Qi Gong. It is also why if the objective is merely to learn to move Qi and make Qi balls and start fires that one can quite easily go insane - because you are simply increasing energy into all patterns - many of which will blow out somewhere.

Qi Gong done to achieve siddhis is "praying to get God to give you something" - what you achieve with either is never enough.

Qi Gong and Real Yoga will bring you to Presence if approached as divine practice.

• Like 6

As for the Four Dragons, today I got a reply from someone who works for Damo Mitchell answering my question as to the difficulty level of learning the Four Dragons form. She said that it is difficult and would take years of getting the external and internal process to work effectively. I think with most of Damo's methods you have to take his online course and then travel to his workshops in order to learn his stuff. His wonderful Wu Xing Qigong, 5 Elements, is an exception. That can be learned by using his youtube video plus the book, Heavenly Streams. You will not be able to perform it correctly just by learning it from the video as their are methods to add to the routine that are not given on the video. It made a world of difference in the qi that I felt after the book arrived. There is always a waiting list for his online courses.

• Like 3

correlation from a neural standpoint from Zen and the Brain, prolonged aware exhale is correlated to increased inhibitory response (i.e. calming)

which is the sort of 'yang' quality in the "pulling down the heavens" exercise

70px-Iching-hexagram-12.svg.png

and also the heart phase of the mco

• Like 1

I really appreciate ho'oponopono practice... for those hardest of things which just. keep. returning.

but really it all boils down to simple release.  just let go.

let it be, let it go.  breath. 

• Like 1