Sign in to follow this  
Nungali

Satanic Martial Arts Club

:D  .....   Wait !     . . .   That's my club !

We train Saturday mornings in a park in town by the river, up the end, but we can be seen and are in view from a bridge crosses the river from the north to the south part of the town.  Been going on for years.  We train in whatever, casual and loose, or black gi pants and the club's red t-shirt with logo; either 2 black dragons or the 'Okinawan Sho' .  (Okinawan's seem to love red and black, the  sho and double dragons are common Okinawan symbols. )

A few weeks back, someone asked me if I did a sport, I said no, but I am one of the weird red shirt stick twirlers by the river  ( as most locals have seen us  training over the years ) . He goes , "What's weird about that ? People do much  weirder stuff than that around here ."  yeah - point taken. 

Anyways, after training today and we are at a cafe in town , as usual ... for the usual gossip  and Israeli mate goes " I met this woman , she is married, but recently separated. So we are talking and got to how i do training at the park and she burst out laughing.

Her husband drives across the bridge every Saturday morning and once when she went with him he  " You see those guys , dressed in red and black? They are the colors of the devil, I think they are satanists ." 

Her , "What ? " 

" They got them weird symbols and dragons. "

"I think they are doing some type of martial arts ? "

"Well, they would ... they would want to know how to fight and hurt people " 

:D

Then Avi says  " I said to her ; 'This is your husband ? '  and she says '  Was my husband .... he turned into a born again Christian, and I finally had enough .'   So I tell her ... ' I am not Satanist ... but  .....  I am Jewish . "  

I belong to a Satanic Martial Arts club  ^_^

~   But then later I thought  ..... 'God damn ' religious uneducated nuts !   No wonder shit starts happening when people go around perceiving 'reality'  with such special  ' spiritual insight' .

I never realized this was out there !

• Like 3

.....  Ahhhh  . now I get it ... the guy got a little demo of chi  .... which he thought should be impossible. But it happened 

and he got scared 

for a Christian (like him)   ..... if it aint Jesus 'bendin things' ....   must be the 'other guy'  working through his teachers . 

The poor fellows understanding of Internal Martial arts is sadly lacking and having put two and two together he has come up with five.

Having found the Lord he is not happy with simply saving himself he wants to save everyone else as well. It is all rather sad.

• Like 1

Yea, it's funny how a religious mindset can work for some folks but it usually soon gets bent... they feel this compulsion to extrapolate outward and assume that what they've found that works for them, must be the way to work for everyone and for their own good, all others must be turned away from their ignorance and brought to the 'one truth' even if by force, in order to save them.  Truly scary shit.  Justified Crusade type scary shit.

Reminds me a bit of the folks who turn to a vegan or vegetarian diet and it heals them and helps them, then they go all fundamentalist about it and assume that it will be better for everyone and begin a crusade to save the broken and ignorant, not taking into account that various blood types don't respond the same to that type of intake. 

Projection and assumption seem to be the precursors to 'justified' acts of saving. 

Justified is currently in my top 10 scariest words of the English language.

• Like 3

Poor people. Must be tough living with a world-view where everything is against you but a small clique of people who believe exactly as you do - and I'm not talking about you Daesh, or am I?

• Like 1

I have compassion for them. They have strong beliefs perhaps even convictions. One of the examples of Alan Watts definition and description of faith vs. belief.

Sign in to follow this