Sign in to follow this  
Easternmost Frontier

Green tea and clear mornings

It's a beautiful morning in my corner of the world. It rained last night and my garden is flourishing. I'm watching plants grow, the sun rise, and wondering if we'll get more rain this afternoon.

I'm also drinking green tea. I assure you it's medicinal.

Tea and other small things often figure into spiritual life. So what are you drinking/what's sustaining you in your world today?

• Like 2

Well, first I finished off three cups of coffee.  One of my basic needs.  Went outside and spent time with the fish ponds.  I'm now back in the house having another cup of coffee getting ready to go outside again but this time to work in the gardens trimming back excessive growth.

I do keep green tea in the house for when I'm in the mood for it.  There are also other types of tea as well through strong black tea.

I don't know what the coffee and tea do for me spiritually but they make my life more pleasurable.

• Like 2

I just had some good organic coffee.

I've run out of L-Theanine (supplement which is found in green tea), which I used to take with coffee.  It seems to make the coffee buzz more focused, mitigating side effects some folks feel.   It's really nice combination, I recommend it for people who like using coffee with things like studying, practicing an instrument, writing, whatever - you get so focused for hours!  Oh well, I still like coffee without it though. ^_^

One thing cool about these "power plants" as I like to think of them is they have a physical and spiritual component.  Things like coffee, cannabis, psilocybin mushrooms, etc. have places in the brain they can activate, leading to an altered consciousness.  We are all different and need to find our own harmony, which is why I find it funny how people try to make generalizations like "coffee is good/bad" or "cannabis is good/bad" - there are a lot of factors at play.

• Like 1

Well, first I finished off three cups of coffee. One of my basic needs. Went outside and spent time with the fish ponds. I'm now back in the house having another cup of coffee getting ready to go outside again but this time to work in the gardens trimming back excessive growth.

I do keep green tea in the house for when I'm in the mood for it. There are also other types of tea as well through strong black tea.

I don't know what the coffee and tea do for me spiritually but they make my life more pleasurable.

When will you go to see your friend in the hospital?

When will you go to see your friend in the hospital?

Thanks for the interest.  I went to see him Wednesday.  He was still in the ICU but was recovering well.  My plans were to go see him again Friday but Friday morning he call me and said that they were going to release him around noon time and asked if I would pick him up.  Of course I said I would.  (His wife isn't very healthy and is extremely over-weight and it is difficult for her to get out and about.)

I got the call and picked him up, went to Wal-Mart to drop off his prescriptions then took him home.

He normally comes to visit me Sunday mornings but he called instead and we had a nice conversation.  He's recovering well but has to work off a lot of retained water and he also needs get rid of a cold.

• Like 2

Thanks for the interest. I went to see him Wednesday. He was still in the ICU but was recovering well. My plans were to go see him again Friday but Friday morning he call me and said that they were going to release him around noon time and asked if I would pick him up. Of course I said I would. (His wife isn't very healthy and is extremely over-weight and it is difficult for her to get out and about.)

I got the call and picked him up, went to Wal-Mart to drop off his prescriptions then took him home.

He normally comes to visit me Sunday mornings but he called instead and we had a nice conversation. He's recovering well but has to work off a lot of retained water and he also needs get rid of a cold.

So will you visit him at his home from now on since he is recovering?

So will you visit him at his home from now on since he is recovering?

Yeah, if he isn't recovered enough to visit me on Wednesday (one of our normal meeting days, the other is Sunday) I will go to see him.  He prefers to come to my place though because he is limited in the things we can talk about at his house because of his wife.

• Like 1

Drinking water this morning, with some lemon. 

Six love birds are going back and forth from my date palms to my neighbor's fig tree.

• Like 2

Sign in to follow this